Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Necro

Default New Necro

I am fairly new to playing the game, but not other MMOs. Does anyone know of any guides around for necromancers? Once that are still valid for the current version of the game?

Never go full spec. lol

I don't know too much about necros but I do know you really don't want to go for any end feats for PvP.

Feating out your FtW and Icestrike seems win though...

PvE is probably different. Pets work pretty well and for some bosses you will require certain pets for the fight. I'd stay away from the slaughter wraiths though.
    Last edited by Suctum; 17th April 2013 at 06:01.
    Doomsayer 2008

I should have said that I am mainly looking at PvE right now. Might do PvP, but not for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Never go full spec. lol

I don't know too much about necros but I do know you really don't want to go for any end feats for PvP.

Feating out your FtW and Icestrike seems win though...

PvE is probably different. Pets work pretty well and for some bosses you will require certain pets for the fight. I'd stay away from the slaughter wraiths though.
    You don't know much about necros but felt the need to reply to his thread 8 mins after he posted?

Is it for leveling or end-game?

For leveling, go for Despoil the Soil first, then whatever you like. I like to level with one pet out for frenzy.
    Spell rotation is easy. Keep dots up; Pestilliant Blast, Flesh of the Worms, and Mark of the Devover. Now use Ice Strikes until PB has 1-2 secs left, then use chill. This is basicly the rotation of the Necro.

@lvl 50 you can Spell weave. You should feat Cannabalism then, so you dont run out of mana.

@ lv 79 you should make a raid-spec, and start doing T1 raids. This is a basic one where the rest of the feats can be used at whatever: http://goo.gl/7ADuz
    I use almost the same rotation as before, but now I use 6 mutilator and 2 blighted one, or 6 corrupters and 2 blighted one pets.

You should also start doing Khitai @ lvl 78. Try and get into groups that do normal group runs there.
    "Du kan ikke knekke en mann uten ryggrad!"

Just run this and you should be able to do all raids from T1 to T3.

http://joharaoc.eu/feat/?link=v5_129...48ea1443815182

Edit: this is a generic build where a new necro can do all raids from t1 to t3, even some t4, by no means optimal for certain fights. If you really want to optimize your damage you will need to utilize different necro specs for certain fights.

Edit 2: A necro should also know what pets are optimal for certain bosses. Some bosses you want melee pets, others you want caster pets, and there's a few where you want no pets at all
    Last edited by Texan615; 17th April 2013 at 08:24.

Since you are a new player I guess you don't actually need a L80 build but to get an idea how to necro at cap I link two builds:

Melee-pets:
    http://goo.gl/Dv4eL

The pets of choice are mutilators, Sets pestilence (hope that's the name^^, the orange icon which gives you additional base spell damage after pestilential blast+chill) is your buff.
    Start the fight with Mark of Devourer (very short cast time, good to make your pets attack the enemy if you don't like to control them directly).
    Next cast is Flesh to Worm.
    Then your basic spell rota starts:
    Pestilential blast (PB)-> Chill (Ch)-> (instant) Ice Strikes (IS) till PB is ready.
    Use Cannibalism (Ca) and Lifestrike when needed. And of course keep Mark and Flesh to Worm always on your opponent.

In spellweave you have to use Ca really often, basically after every PB+Chill.
    Spellweave buffs are:
    Get Deathgod (every cast and dot hits critically)
    if Deathgod is not available get Soulswarm (your casts summon additional pets (parasitic souls)
    as soons as you have some parasitic souls take the Buff (not sure is it Way of the Death?) which grants you 2,5% Base Spelldamage for every pet you have summoned

Caster-pets:
    http://goo.gl/Sa5i6

The pets:
    I take Aracanists when I'm raiding (they deal frost damage but debuff the opponent to take more unholy damage; it does not matter in a raid since the frost debuffs come from other classes) since they buff my base spelldamage.
    In group (with no frost debuff available) take Blood Arcanists or Reaper, the former have the tendency to die "spontaneously".

Casting and Spellweaving is the same.

Funny three people linked builds and all are different ^^

Quote Originally Posted by MrGimbel View Post
    Funny three people linked builds and all are different ^^
    Run the build I posted and apply a proper rotation with the optimal pets and you will do more than fine on parses.

Edit Silverram's build is almost the same as mine just stopped at level 60 or so.
    Last edited by Texan615; 17th April 2013 at 08:51.

http://joharaoc.eu/feat/?link=v5_129...48ea1443815182
    "pet build" use general+ frenzy and your melee pet will tank
    use 2blighted+6mutilators or 6 corruptors
    also general of the dead is nice dps boost when hes up and atacking stuff
    best mage pet performance is 2arcanists+1bloodarcanist

pet builds performance relies heavily on other people in group feats+group buffs
    usualy classes that buff up your melee pets are:
    demo with cacodemo
    tos with storm crow+idol fully feated and extra bonus if he has thunderstorm as well
    barbs
    conqs, especialy carnage conqs with warlord
    dt's using aura dread fury
    those are the ones that buff up melee pets the most

there arent many team buffs that enhance performance of mage pets so overall they arent good in pve, situation reverts in pvp given they are ranged they "survive" a lot better in pvp and blood arcanists or reapers are nice healing boosters.
    a few bosses in t3 take double magic damage so mage pets or the spec i linked bellow work better there, keep in mind bosses taking double magic damage means tanks will have more issues with holding your dps
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://joharaoc.eu/feat/?link=v5_129...5182146f814c08

this is a "all tanks are noobs who cant hold agro" spec will keep you alive while giving you massive aoe spec its a build to have 8 stack despoil the soul, good for raids and playing with noob tanks and relies a lot less on other people's buffs
    baiscaly sw nuke nuke nuke nuke and nuke some more when you pull agro quickly use misdirection and keep nuking
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

dont use the following crap spells
    deathly blizzard(unless you use tome of epithur for getting aoe stun)
    gelid bones
    life leech
    parasitic soul swarm

generic dps rotation:
    gangrenous stench, ftw, motd, pb, a few icetrikes 2-3,chill, blasphemous ruin
    Last edited by noite80; 17th April 2013 at 09:03.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast