Thread: Combat rating ,weapon damage

Default Combat rating ,weapon damage

I dont know this thing work as a Bs i have alot of weapon damage bufs but my combat rating does not go up,its only for white damage?

Tks

Both weapon damage and combat rating affect your DPS, but they don't affect each other. You can see your DPS value if you press P, then go to the PvE tab and look at the Base Stats section (If you don't see an update when you expect one, reopen that tab by pressing P twice -- sometimes it just doesn't refresh in time). Higher DPS doesn't only improve your white hits but damage from special damage sources as well (like dots and retributive damage).
    Defon (Guard)
    Nejoo (Guard) Areana (DT) Willamus (Conq)
    Ichkruchka (Demo) Defina (Necro) Defhid (HoX)
    Sagittaa (Ranger) Phaictan (Sin) Alunn (Barb)
    Defure (BS) Deforia (PoM) Nutiaret (ToS)

hover your mouse over your dps stat (on the left side) and a tooltip will spawn showing from where you gain the dps, but these only show from gear, your base dps is influenced by what you feat, combo/abilities you use to buff up and increase damage shortly. this left side shows your pve stats, while the right side shows pvp, and dps on the pvp side will not go up with "% weapon damage", they go up with combat rating and strength, but doesnt mean the dps on pve side, specially with buffs, doesnt do extra damage on players, think of the combat rating on pvp has an extra damage against players specially when they are using pvp gear that gives pvp armor...dunno much about the BS, but for me, using a barb, for example, in pvp, im better off with khitai epic gear than T1 pvp gear mainly to burst damage (survival is a bit tougher though so sometimes i mix gear)

Quote Originally Posted by Vanishedd View Post
    I dont know this thing work as a Bs i have alot of weapon damage bufs but my combat rating does not go up,its only for white damage?

Tks
    All BS buffs are based on weapon "DPS" stat, combat rating is a flat bonus.

This makes a difference when picking a weapon (you have to consider the Blood Champion and manifestation bonus will be up all the time), but after hitting 80 we have really limited choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanishedd View Post
    Im clear, tks for info guys
    Just as a side note, Shammys want to take advantage of the highest base damage 2 hand blunt they can find to fully enjoy the weapon damage buffs. You can consider the stats of the weapon but the base dps should always be first choice unless the weapon offers real sh1t stats.
    Doomsayer 2008

An example because I'm bored.

The first epics you will have a chance to get will be CotWR and T1:

Hammer of Primal Wrath
    131.1 dps
    +55 str (4.58dps)
    +417 combat rating (11.58dps)

147.27 dps flat, but Blood Champion adds 58.99 and manifestation adds 19,66 - total is 225,92

Club of the Wolf Rider - 146.55 dps flat
    132.8 dps
    +165 str (13.75dps)

146.55 dps flat, with the same buffs it's 226,23

T1 has better flat dps, but lower base dps - since you will have certain buffs all the time CotWR will have higher raw dps overall (although the difference is very small, even if you'll count other buffs). This is true for most weapons currently in the game. There are other stats though - the choice will be more complex

F.e. T1 has +448hp (invaluable in certain situations) and nice critical damage rating, but CotWR has massive heal rating bonus (very useful) and higher critical rating which is more important than critical damage rating.

For PvE your target is 3 weapons - one for dps, one with heal rating and one with health points.