Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slow combo

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Of course damage wise you can do better, easier without SB and it's true it's often disapointing. But the feeling when you use those is in my opinion worth it and, you don't only want to pvp for efficience and succes.

And honestly the two step combo SB is pretty easy to use, faster than a FG and pretty imba with jump exploit.
    two step SB is easy to use but it dont crit that much, and you can use combo-jump on FG even easier and it also ads debuf. So i dont see need for SB at all. Also when fg crits its around 4k dmg for me.
    And if i spend 5 points to improve SB i loose UB wich is pretty sweet combo

well if players fighting against so called bs that use only one stepers want to hear advice - here it is make shields to left and he wont hurt you much - case close and pls think of what are you saying or you will make him use censuring combos ...

Quote Originally Posted by Whalar View Post
    two step SB is easy to use but it dont crit that much, and you can use combo-jump on FG even easier and it also ads debuf. So i dont see need for SB at all. Also when fg crits its around 4k dmg for me.
    And if i spend 5 points to improve SB i loose UB wich is pretty sweet combo
    I'm not saying you should use SB over FG but FG has 12sec CD. There's plenty of time to cast a SB especially if playing with IB 2.

And like i said, SB isn't something you need to play with it's something you want to play with. The diffrence of efficience is marginal at best so...
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

What some people realize is they can do SB V starter on a target that is guaranteed death then move on to something else and do the finisher.
    Even SBVI is viable this way. No need to hit all presteps. Say you hit one arrow into blank space, no real loss, -5% combo damage means nothing.

Though I favor onesteppers, Im guilty of not taking advantage of this. One should.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    What some people realize is they can do SB V starter on a target that is guaranteed death then move on to something else and do the finisher.
    Even SBVI is viable this way. No need to hit all presteps. Say you hit one arrow into blank space, no real loss, -5% combo damage means nothing.

Though I favor onesteppers, Im guilty of not taking advantage of this. One should.
    The thing is that only viable SB (dmg vise) is really rank VI, when crit dmg is superb. Lower lvls dont crit that much and i find using CA or feral much faster and better dmg, and debuf to.
    SB VI is to damn slow and dmg is meh if it dont crit.
    Atm i play muti build and usually open with IB2 and after that i would rather stack 2 CA than SB VI.
    Sure it can crit for almost 2k per hit but that's jut it, it can crit.
    And sure in duels you can go and stack shields to the left, but is that hard to move or combo jump and hit unshielded side? Or use cc?
    I can agree that SB is combo that can be used, but in pvp my opinion is that faster combos are way to go, specially since they dont lack dmg to.

I use mostly SB V in PvP.
    I removed rank VI from bar in PvP build when rank V was changed to 2-step, making this rank easier to land.

Mostly I use SB as Lurvi wrote: precharge first step, eventually even hitting nothing, then land finisher for huge damage.

Of course 1 step combos are easier to use, but if used this way even rank VI could be used (I used sometimes before revamp, when rank V was 3 step).

And yes, even without feating the +5% extra damage, it's still usable.
    1 step combos of course (FG, CA, UB max rank) are used more often.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

I just use FG, UB, CA (several ranks), IB2 (might use IB4 later with a better weapon) and very rarely bother with SB 5 or 6 - but sometimes I can land a long combo (CC'd target or slow opponent) so I do use it a bit in group pvp (but not in duels, it's really too slow and way too risky in that situation).

And sorry dougsi but ccs and movement > shields any day. And this isn't really a duelling game so hf playing with shields and getting stomped in group pvp.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Stack dmg and stack debuffs, once you do and have timings right with x5 rampage, normal crits for sb5 is around 2.5k a hit. Mine was hitting for 3.1k max a hit after revamp in pvp. It does have pvp 10 and T4 gear, hence I don't play it anymore in favor of low pvp lvl toons.

Whether you like to use sb 4/5 or not is your personal preference. I think each bs has builds with little differences that showcases it. People say after 1.05.5 revamp you don't need to use sb anymore b/c ca hits so hard. But even back in those days I was cc locking clothies and lights with well timed sun ib 2 and sb 5 what was essentially 1.04 like two shotting. All in all, do what you like. Most fights when you're burning someone down with someone else, you need those single step combos to stay up in burst dps in comparison. So if one step combos is all you like to play, have at it.

SB is for enemy back. Nice combo for fatality end.
    But isn't for normal rotation (IB2,CA,FG,UB,HM).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12