Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are we financially supporting TSW or AOC

Default Are we Conan players financially supporting TSW or AOC.

Hey guys,

Im a new player to AOC and one thing ive found whilst playing it is other players saying or rather 'advising'me to buy some points or go premium and that if i do i shall be supporting Funcom to develop further an already outstanding MMO that in my opinion is the only other MMO in existance worth playing along with WOW and LOTRO.

Im rather worried this is not the case, i have a bad feeling Funcom will be useing ALL the money/profits they get from the item shop and premium subs to support their new MMO TSW. As good as it is i played TSW for 2-3 months on release and found it a very cool interesting game with some of the best written quests ive ever experienced in an MMO but not an MMO anywhere in the same league as AOC. Eg amazing combat system, awesome open world pvp, brutal, great stories/characters lore and very group based gameplay right across the board which unlike TSW where out of instances(6mans) feels like a single player game with a very stale combat system and stagnent PVP. If somehow i can be assured that My money will go back into this game(aoc)i will spend a lot more in the item shop.

Please Funcom tell us this isnt the case as i think im speaking for many people what i have said in this post. Can you reassure us that money we all invest in the amazing MMO will be put back into it. Many thanks for creating one of the most beautifull games ever and hope you devs keep bringing us more outstanding reproduction to RE Howards Conan.
    Last edited by Hollastar; 15th April 2013 at 00:35.

Neither. We're probably supporting the new Lego MMO.

Good night, another business-strategy thread. I say these go in off-topic.

And/or I will bite.

Even if it WAS true and all your munnahs were going to fund the bees:
    • It's a lot of the same dev team. Support either game, you're keeping our devs employed.
    • It's a lot of the same code. FC is trying (and has a vested interest in) developing stuff that works in both games. Support a new TSW feature, and you might very well be supporting an AoC feature (and vice versa).
    • It's a lot of the same us. Many of the games' most active players are the same people. We either play both or go back and forth. (They should really have a joint account option...)
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Omg lego MMO. Wtf i just googled this and i cant beleive its true lol. If thats the case ill stay F2P.

It's with near 99% certainty..that the fate of this game and it's future development all rests upon the success of the new Lego minifigures MMO. Just hope and pray its a big hit!

Right now we're obviously not getting our money worth of AoC development compared to TSW. But there's a few points though, there's still some TSW devs in Canada who are still working on TSW and haven't yet left the office, these guys will be gone soon or relocate to NC.

The devs in NC mostly consists of old TSW devs who in the past have worked on AoC. That means that they'll probably need some time to get into AoC and what's going on here. They've probably been busy wrapping up whatever they worked on in TSW.

Apparently the last TSW Issue #6 patch goes live today, and what Joel have said, is that before Issue #7 for TSW AoC will get some development. (crafting+More Dragonspine)

Quote Originally Posted by paulson View Post
    Apparently the last TSW Issue #6 patch goes live today, and what Joel have said, is that before Issue #7 for TSW AoC will get some development. (crafting+More Dragonspine)
    It went live 14/3 2013.

I think that Funcom is keeping a close eye on where its revenues are coming from. That means that we will get as much as we give. We are perhaps funding the new lego mmo a little bit, but then again if the lego mmo is a success it will bring funding to all Funcoms games. And if all else fails there is always geriatric Conan :-)

They probably fired the old aoc devs without asking them to write down proper code documentation (i know this is speculation, but i have been here with the past years patches and this would explain a lot), but as posters above said, the new techs and devs are shared between games. Even when you can not expect new content, you will at least support them with a chance to understand the old code or how to implement TSW things for aoc, from which aoc might profit as well. And if they learn something about proper network handling from a lego mmo...then why not? Networking issues and old bugs are the main problem in aoc, imo...i don't need any more new bugged content or revamps breaking more things than they do good.

Still i would not pay, just with the idea of supporting someone. A stock market listed company does not need charity (and it will probably not go where you intend your charity to land). But as long as YOU think they give you enough back worth of your time (for example, you never subbed before and have khitai and get to experience whole new areas in the game or you like raiding or you like levelling alts), it is a good idea.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 15th April 2013 at 07:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Scandral View Post
    It went live 14/3 2013.

I think that Funcom is keeping a close eye on where its revenues are coming from. That means that we will get as much as we give. We are perhaps funding the new lego mmo a little bit, but then again if the lego mmo is a success it will bring funding to all Funcoms games. And if all else fails there is always geriatric Conan :-)
    http://forums.thesecretworld.com/sho...62#post1571862

They only released parts of Issue 6 earlier, today they patch in the new raid that belong to that issue. As far as I know, it's the last remaining content in that issue.

The difference in income between Aoc and Tsw is not that great, for example we now for sure that AoC makes more than 50% of the income TSW is making per month, yet we're not seeing that number getting translated into actual content.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollastar View Post
    ..If thats the case ill stay F2P.
    If you give me one good reason why FC should give the game for free .. I'll pay for a year sub for you .. OK?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast