Thread: piercing damage prot?

Default piercing damage prot?

does increasing armor protects better against piercing damage? (rangers and sins for example)
    if not, what does the armor protect from? crush, slash? all the three?
    im asking cause i always receive HUGE amounts of damage from piercing and the others are normal, or this is class related? (mine is barb)

Armor mitigates all physical damage - piercing, crushing, slashing and also poison.

Long time ago there were separate protections agains each of those types, but they made armor mitigate all of it.

Classes still deal different kinds of damage - ranger and sin deal piercing and can do some nasty spikes, that's why you're getting more damage from piercing than from f.e. crushing.

Since khitai something has changed a lot with piercing damage. In pvp it seems alright, but in pve the archers hit for far more than before. Probably they changed the default values or added some extra armor piercing that scales in effect with level like other combat stats now. Or it was bugged and got fixed for pvp only.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Since khitai something has changed a lot with piercing damage. In pvp it seems alright, but in pve the archers hit for far more than before. Probably they changed the default values or added some extra armor piercing that scales in effect with level like other combat stats now. Or it was bugged and got fixed for pvp only.
    Yeah, it's true usually ranger mobs hit harder than normal, but I remember it was long time like this (those ranger mobs in kheshatta DMC ;-))

I suppose it's not a problem with mitigation rather ranger mobs could have some modifier that ignore part of your armor.
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

so its a class related then, sins and rangers...
    i always though armor protected all those kind of physical damage, but just wanted to be sure
    thk guys