Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Funcom: A different strategy

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    What I'm saying is much of the existing content is severely UNDER UTILIZED. Did you know I've actually never been inside black castle and I know a bunch of people haven't either. So, here's an idea...how about when you enter black castle you get two options. First is the normal instance and the second button called "Last man standing" is a level 80 PvP instance where you have to kill all the other players for level 80 crafting ingredients.
    The main interest of Black Catle (Great instance, btw) is that you HAVE to cooperate to beat it.

Because like, two people have to stand on separate stone to desactivate a trap while others go through or thing like that. that's why two lvl80 dude, while perfectly able to kick the mob's ass, won't beat this instance if they don't have help.

So I would absolutely love to see a lvl80 version of black catle, but a PVP last-man standing version might be a big mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    The main interest of Black Catle (Great instance, btw) is that you HAVE to cooperate to beat it.

Because like, two people have to stand on separate stone to desactivate a trap while others go through or thing like that. that's why two lvl80 dude, while perfectly able to kick the mob's ass, won't beat this instance if they don't have help.

So I would absolutely love to see a lvl80 version of black catle, but a PVP last-man standing version might be a big mess.
    Oh silly pvers, the BIGGER mess the better the PvP.

PvP with couple minutes of co-op..with the chance for betrayal/ambush/strategy... is yummy.
    Last edited by Arishanya; 13th April 2013 at 03:46.

Quote Originally Posted by di85ll View Post
    It's so easy to bring in new players.

It's very hard to keep them here for a long time.
    Hence why the original poster of saying screw the veterans is kind of pointless If all that is going to happen is new players are going to come in, and quickly come across the same complaints as the old players. Then why say screw the old players? Better to adjust the game to please the old players, so that way new players can hopefully find that same appreciation of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Civilix View Post
    The Longest Journey is what made Funcom famous and "what paid for AO", but even before that they had a long history of developing games.

Among players in the future i think(hope) that game is what is known as their greatest game.
    Longest journey is not a mmo.
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234