Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: killing an assassin on 1vs1!?

Some ppl dont know how barb buffs work obviously. Those numbers are reproducable but only in minigame or raid environment. The timewindow for such hits is short and various things are needed for this. So such hits dont occur often but their are reproduceable and nothing fishy is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    Some ppl dont know how barb buffs work obviously. Those numbers are reproducable but only in minigame or raid environment. The timewindow for such hits is short and various things are needed for this. So such hits dont occur often but their are reproduceable and nothing fishy is needed.
    True with your own bufs, if target is debuffed, with your group bufs, bs weapon buf... i guess you can hit for huge dmg, but still dont think it can come this much. At least i never saw it on my barb.
    And that OLP that i said hit me for non crit 6.3k on barb we were 1v1 with people on other side of BR map.
    But i must admit that i never did to much testing on that so i wont claim anything, just will try to pay more attention in minis.

Well you can bring the dps of an zerker barb to over 2k dps in a raid and i dont mean parser dps. i mean dps in character windows. in minigame over 1,5k for some seconds. if atg hits someone due to those seconds it can crit this hard.

this is a combination of how zerker barbs can push weapon dps and the function on rampaging horde and thirst for blood. But a group is needed for this.

Default kill em fast

Kill them before they kill you if they are on CC imminuties, have their involnerability kite then til its off or run for your life but more than likely pop them with a CC before they can put their involnerability on in which most cases they have 2 and sometimes 3 or 4 different CC breaks on their hotbar in which case the first option is the only visble one is just kill them before they kill you

Quote Originally Posted by sgtMassDozer View Post
    Kill them before they kill you if they are on CC imminuties, have their involnerability kite then til its off or run for your life but more than likely pop them with a CC before they can put their involnerability on in which most cases they have 2 and sometimes 3 or 4 different CC breaks on their hotbar in which case the first option is the only visble one is just kill them before they kill you
    it happened to me, more than once that i saw a sin in AoD, then stunned him, he removed, of course, but then had to kite him to wait for AoD, when it was finished i went near him and he popped Excelent Balance, no kb again, stunned him a second time, he removed again, and while doing that i lose a lot of health just to miasmas, and have to run off or else sin plants a bomb and BUMM..
    i look at the sin bombs exactly the same has the rangers TTS, the difference is, since TTS is range attack (easier than melee) it requires a target with 35% health (sins do exactly the same with bomb when a player is less than 50% of health then run off with a speed buff cause they know if bomb crits target is dead, if not he will die soon of necro dots lolol)
    Last edited by UnknownSoldier; 3rd May 2013 at 01:28.

Well you can bring the dps of an zerker barb to over 2k dps in a raid and i dont mean parser dps. i mean dps in character windows. in minigame over 1,5k for some seconds. if atg hits someone due to those seconds it can crit this hard.

this is a combination of how zerker barbs can push weapon dps and the function on rampaging horde and thirst for blood. But a group is needed for this.
    2k is saying it mildly. If rampage blood stacks, you be hitting double that in raids. Ofc no decent tank will manage to hold aggro, but fun critting 5k x8 with upheaval.

In pvp you cant rely on those stacking properly. And you be better off buffing other feats for a more relying dmg.
    ClengisKhan

Barbb, Serapha, Yatzi, Pallehysa, Bagpipe

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    it happened to me, more than once that i saw a sin in AoD, then stunned him, he removed, of course, but then had to kite him to wait for AoD, when it was finished i went near him and he popped Excelent Balance, no kb again, stunned him a second time, he removed again[...]
    Did you kite him for 2 minutes or are you trying to tell us that sins on your server put 17-19 points in general tree for pvp builds? Something doesnt add up, mate.
    Last edited by Maelkjar; 3rd May 2013 at 07:34.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

It doesnt add up. Aa anti cc removes all immunities even the one aod gives. So if he stns during aod and sin uses aa anti cc, it is vulnerable to every cc again. So if he pops balance then snare, stun or fear him. Fear would work even without the sin using aa anti cc first. Aod do not give immu against fear. As i said before: unknownsoldier is exaggerating a lot and got big l2p issue.

So if he pops balance then snare, stun or fear him. Fear would work even without the sin using aa anti cc first. Aod do not give immu against fear.
    Yep, but as he was stating this from a Barbarian's point of view...it sounds a little off to tell him to L2P if you seem to suggest him to fear his opponent
    But since I was lately accused of not using KB on enemy with my HoX...maybe there IS a fear for barbarians....
    Last edited by Maelkjar; 3rd May 2013 at 09:00.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Obviously i didnt wrote it from the view of a specific class.

i do know he plays not just a barb in pvp. even a barb can stun him again after the aa anti cc was used. so my post still points out a valid strategy for barbarians. if hes dw barb or hybrid without second stun, well he traded it in for massive dps boost. you cant have everything.