Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: killing an assassin on 1vs1!?

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Really nice to wait for LO to end and then nearly one shot a sin with chill and instant ice strike ^^
    Yea, the problem is, you have to stand still for 2,5 sec. (which is an eternity vs. a good sin) to cast pest. blast, then hope for a crit to get insta Ice strike, then hope for a crit on PB+Chill detonation and Ice strike as well and then hope the sin is actually dead, because your next crit will most probably activate LO again (also god forbid his Dull Pain is available).. I´m not saying it´s impossible (got some nice crits on Elec´s sin as well back in the days), there´s only too many "if" and a good sin with all CDs up still has like 90% chance killing you within few seconds in an open terrain (9% are your chances to run away and about 1% to kill them if they noob out )

I mean, I´ve started a sin 2 months ago, got some solid PvE gear meanwhile, but still almost none PvP relevant AAs (invested heavy in PvE side, like -aggro, TW/FH etc.), but even as a PvP lvl 0-1 nub I´m dishing out so much damage it´s not even funny... ok, it actually is, 4k detonations and 4k DWW on running by targets won´t get old any soon, I guess Of course, I can be burned down like paper with my current 6,8k HP (without healer buff) and almost zero armor/protection, but in a minigame with less individual focus and responsibility as Jhebbal Sag, I can still get some solid KD while ninjaing flags (and hunting totems ), where half of my deaths are as the result of my still low rank AA antiCC.

Also note, that I´m writing this as someone who hasn´t been in minigame for almost a year till now (got bored with PvP 10 necro and no new PvP content for years), is playing his first melee PvP char (some lowbie minis on DT back in 2008 don´t really count) and is not even close to those PvP gods I know from Aquilonia/Fury etc., who know every single class ability in the game and how to use/negate it even when you wake them up at 03:00 in the morning

TL: DR
    as a caster meeting a solid sin, you better hope you´re dressed nicely enough for your funeral

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    I don't play demo but i don't consider necros CC to be weak. Necro's CC are good to deal with multiple targets and necros have the most hidious snare out there (the pet one).
    Really? Necro got basically 1 solid CC he can count on and that is his ranged stun with 0,5sec. cast time when feated (and that can be still resisted with sins LO). Some others that can be used are his fear (quite obvious to see and jump out of reach, but still nice to use on nubs who jump you from back when on SW and react too slow while being too confident about them killing you easily) and frontal cone root, which is okayish.

Snare got nerfed hard, still got short range, but is not instacast anymore and the target is almost at your position when the cast is finished. Also I´m yet to see someone using the pet consuming fear after that nerf.

That hideous frozen hatred snare is imba idd, but you must get fatality to spawn him and then keep feeding him with fatalities so he doesn´t despawn after 1 minute. This is not that hard in minigames, but in 1 vs 1 situations you can´t count on him at all.

And then we have the pinnacle of some FC class designer mastermind, the AoE stun after using Tome of Epithur with it´s unique 15 minute cooldown (well, only 12 when fully perked), 3 seconds cast time and.. bah..

PS: damn, this post got quite long in the process..
    Last edited by Argantes; 22nd April 2013 at 13:54.

well, ive created a sin from scratch yesterday, and currently on lvl 15, and im think im starting to see all the fuzz about the sin, just using the MIASMA STAB, a one-click hit after slow death/grim corruption, and bam, ONE-SHOT a mob of same level without losing any decent health on my part, i can only start to imagine what possibilities i will have when i reach 80 and use some more tools, makes me ROFL, actually i did laugh a lot alone when i saw how easy it was to play with it

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    well, ive created a sin from scratch yesterday, and currently on lvl 15, and im think im starting to see all the fuzz about the sin, just using the MIASMA STAB, a one-click hit after slow death/grim corruption, and bam, ONE-SHOT a mob of same level without losing any decent health on my part, i can only start to imagine what possibilities i will have when i reach 80 and use some more tools, makes me ROFL, actually i did laugh a lot alone when i saw how easy it was to play with it
    So i see you started sin
    Hope you started to have less problems 1v1 sins with your barb. They are really easy to deal with if they are not exceptional players.
    When you reach 80 with sin you will find him able to deal big dmg numbers in short period, but you will also find that it cant really survive that easy vs good melee.
    Biggest issue with sin in mini games is constant stealth they can be in and huge dmg from sneak attack+additional face stab. If everything crit and sin is in good gear we are looking at 1.5k-2k stealth attack and 1.2-1.5k dmg from each face stab. That can reach almost 5k with good gear with lucky crits and face stab crits often.
    Also dww is bit annoying, it can also crit nice and its lame no skill ability.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    Yeah low level pve says everything about a class, especially in pvp... Forum com keeps getting more and more stupid.

Well, Argantes, of course sin is capable of killing you really fast and with all his CDs should. But it's not either completly impossible. To be honest the sins that completly no match me are either those that also no match my conq without a sweat or those who completly out gear me and almost kill me with face stab + DWW. The others, i of course don't have the advantage but i can still often kite them long enough to get help or sometimes kill them.

Sins rely on cooldowns while necro, beside AA anti-cc, doesn't have many long ones. Casting PB is possible when sin is CC or before he arrives at range if you have initiative and instant ice strike can be spammed on a sin with LO and will only go off when LO is over so that's quite a nice thing to spot LO and burn the sin down during the 10sec between two LO proc.

As for necro's CC, The fail-safe you have on stun and snare make them both efficient and 15m range is fine in my opinion. I also like the fear. You can interupt it just before the end if your opponent runs away from it which makes it suitable. I also like to use it to help someone running towards me chased by a bunch of players or when i'm chased, break los and wait behind a corner to fear the guy as he goes around the corner.

All of those CC having a relatively low CD and are hard to waste thanks to mages fail-safe.

DPSing is really easy to do on a necro, thus i find it rather normal it's the surviving part that's a bit more "complicated". But sins are mostly a threat if you are alone and if they sneak up on you which is, in minis, rare enough (threat as in killed in 3sec before you were able to do anything).
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    Yeah low level pve says everything about a class, especially in pvp... Forum com keeps getting more and more stupid.
    Ofc it does not. But his reference is not far fetched. So your assumtion is more stupid than his reference imo.
    ClengisKhan

Barbb, Serapha, Yatzi, Pallehysa, Bagpipe

yeah of course. Every class nearly one shots npc in this level. its the starting area.

a more far fetched reference isnt possible in this game...

Though you'll have to admit that the ease of playing a sin in low lvl is ridiculous compared to what it used to be when u were levelling up yours - so is gameplay overall, too. Totally dumbed down. No other class gets so much power out of a fresh 80 toon /w crappy gear.

Still i think most sins can be beat through movement, use their tiny range against them, anti-CC ASAP when they root you, as that's the most crucial moment for most sins nowadays since root and kick are the only CCs most will use. Manage to evade their standard-burst stuff in that phase and many of 'em will be easy to kite or kill(from a melee's PoV).
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

I think killing assassin 1on1 is pretty easy... well, Im an assassin I guess it makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Chass- View Post
    I think killing assassin 1on1 is pretty easy... well, Im an assassin I guess it makes sense
    against a certain "guild" sins, its quite hard, they survive like a tank against multiple people and even kill at least one person clothie in the process, no matter what you try to do to CC them, they either evade the CC, have some immunity (AoD or LO for example), etc...
    yesterday, on a minigame, a sin stealth hit a necro on the back and me (barb) went back to necro, immediatly used earth shatter to stun the sin but he was on LO so the stun missed, then tried a kb and spammed at the gates to scare him off from the burst of damage to his health, but both hits were evaded/resisted (i didnt missed the hit on him) and at the same time the necro could not fear/freeze him cause of immunity; necro died in a split of a sec (in matter of speech), i kept going, but also die on fatality, and the sin health didnt reach 50% (around 60 maybe) -- i could avoided my death by running away once i saw i was going to die, but i though, why should i? his just gonna charge/root me and kill, or if he had charge on cooldown, he would simple speedup to me with some speed buff ability (necro is level 10 pvp, im level6 and sin is pvp10 with t4 pve gear)

so, i dont think sin is easy to kill on the hands on same players but, most of the sins i fight against on Crom server are not hard either... so. from what i see, is that the sin at the right hands is a GOD (tanks and healers are also, but they are meant to be like that, currently)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast