Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: killing an assassin on 1vs1!?

Default killing an assassin on 1vs1!?

simple as the topic name, how to kill a sin with a barb when the sins roots you, hits miasma, whirlwind and puts bomb before you even release from root with an antiCC ability?

im tired of dying like that (dont mind dying like that a few times), and worst is when i manage to evade them, i start to exploit there dagger range and wait for their buffs to go off, but still they survive way longer than me and each time they hit me im almost dead, some of them can even survive attacks from two melee players by running away with their dammed speedbuff
    so does anyone have duel video with barb against sin using minigames builds?

tips are welcome of course and any other writings about survival, but it is either absurd the way sins survive/kill or im just plain stupid? because no other class gives me that kind of trouble, not even farming rangers that use MEDIUM ARMOR and can be killed by the classic - kb (finishing blow if available), decapitation, at the gates, butcher 9, but sins survive more with their cloth armor!! might as well remove all difference between cloth/light/medium/heavy/plate armor (even soldiers dps more than dps classes with tank gear lololol)

should i roll a sin just to see how dam easy it is to play?? or all sins are overall good players?

i only play pvp in minigames (pvp lvl4-5 gear) and not in open world, the sins that i see, most of them use brittle blade gear, a few with pvp gear and a very few amount with t4PvE and here's the build im using: CLICK
    yes i dont use welcoming death, damage burst is not the current problem
    Last edited by UnknownSoldier; 10th April 2013 at 12:05.

Charge root is 1 thing, then you have the time for him to do an opener, and finisher. After that he'd apply the first miasma (you're out of the root now due to its short duration if you didn't cc break it immediately). Then he'd have to do another opener and finisher to put bomb, and then dww (or vice versa) this is 2 separate full combos plus dww.

When he charges you either use your cc break and move or pop a quick earth shatter then move.

You will move nearly as fast as him with your arcane marauder as he will with accelerate, providing he has it up (its got a cooldown unlike yours which is up almost all mini)

If he has AOD up, use a stun. Let him break it then use another. Chances are he wont be specced far enough into general to break 2. If he's got LO instead of AOD then use a KB assuming EB isnt up.

The sin should be at like 40% or less life by the time he stands up from kb or the stun wears off. If he has a lot of 2+ minute cooldowns up then he may get away but if not you can just finish him. Don't be afraid to move around, your hitbox is much larger than his so you'll have an easier time assuming equal skill.

I strongly suggest you play a sin for a little bit if you've got some offline levels bring it up to 80 and get familiar with the mechanics, they die very easily if you know what you're doing and what to look for.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    simple as the topic name, how to kill a sin with a barb when the sins roots you, hits miasma, whirlwind and puts bomb before you even release from root with an antiCC ability?

im tired of dying like that (dont mind dying like that a few times), and worst is when i manage to evade them, i start to exploit there dagger range and wait for their buffs to go off, but still they survive way longer than me and each time they hit me im almost dead, some of them can even survive attacks from two melee players by running away with their dammed speedbuff
    so does anyone have duel video with barb against sin using minigames builds?

tips are welcome of course and any other writings about survival, but it is either absurd the way sins survive/kill or im just plain stupid? because no other class gives me that kind of trouble, not even farming rangers that use MEDIUM ARMOR and can be killed by the classic - kb (finishing blow if available), decapitation, at the gates, butcher 9, but sins survive more with their cloth armor!! might as well remove all difference between cloth/light/medium/heavy/plate armor (even soldiers dps more than dps classes with tank gear lololol)

should i roll a sin just to see how dam easy it is to play?? or all sins are overall good players?
    Sorry to hear you have that big issues with sin. Sure they are class that can dish dmg super fast but they dont usually survive long vs melle even with cat's paw, all they can do is run with accelerated.
    The thing you write in first sentence is impossible, sin cant land anything on you after he roots you before you break it with anti cc. It is instant cc release and his gc+bomd or sds+face stab is not instant.
    you must be to slow with your anti cc key if they manage to kill you rooted.
    Keybind anti cc so you can fire them off almost instantly, and good thing is to double tap back if they charge from back, that way there is good chance they will miss combo.
    Most sin is spec for avatar and EB from general, meaning they are vulnerable to stuns and barb have 3.
    If you play with decap, sin is almost dead or dead with lucky crit after staggering blow, knock or stun, decap+atg.
    watch for his imunities and use your cc accordingly.
    I usually dont have issue with sins 1v1 with barb unless they are way better players than me.
    Also try practicing jump combos it helps so much to jump away from sin and preform those long butchers

Your build is empty m8, and no most sins are not good players
    Last edited by Whalar; 10th April 2013 at 11:33.

Maybe try to play with escape artiste and avoiding entrapments perk (think it's called something like that in english). If you are at 5/5 you'll have only 2 second root and that's far from enough time to cast DWW + GC.

On my barb i play with this: http://goo.gl/PwvrE
    Really easy to play, loads of anti-cc to get out of all the hairy situations. I rarely have problemes against sins unless, like Whalar mentionned, they are better player than i am.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzyy View Post
    Charge root is 1 thing, then you have the time for him to do an opener, and finisher. After that he'd apply the first miasma (you're out of the root now due to its short duration if you didn't cc break it immediately). Then he'd have to do another opener and finisher to put bomb, and then dww (or vice versa) this is 2 separate full combos plus dww.

When he charges you either use your cc break and move or pop a quick earth shatter then move.

You will move nearly as fast as him with your arcane marauder as he will with accelerate, providing he has it up (its got a cooldown unlike yours which is up almost all mini)

If he has AOD up, use a stun. Let him break it then use another. Chances are he wont be specced far enough into general to break 2. If he's got LO instead of AOD then use a KB assuming EB isnt up.

The sin should be at like 40% or less life by the time he stands up from kb or the stun wears off. If he has a lot of 2+ minute cooldowns up then he may get away but if not you can just finish him. Don't be afraid to move around, your hitbox is much larger than his so you'll have an easier time assuming equal skill.

I strongly suggest you play a sin for a little bit if you've got some offline levels bring it up to 80 and get familiar with the mechanics, they die very easily if you know what you're doing and what to look for.
    yes i do that stuff, earth shatter to stun and give time to run off the root and out of range and look at his buffs and AOD specially but still i always get some hit by bomb for +3k when not crit, most time it feels like a one shot like if im a mage (aka clothie), and i have have zerker stacks increasing for healings plus pots, my perks are at ranks 3/4 for the protections on all magics

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Maybe try to play with escape artiste and avoiding entrapments perk (think it's called something like that in english). If you are at 5/5 you'll have only 2 second root and that's far from enough time to cast DWW + GC.

Really easy to play, loads of anti-cc to get out of all the hairy situations. I rarely have problemes against sins unless, like Whalar mentionned, they are better player than i am.
    the entrapment perk is still too low ranked and for the escape artist i like its damage bleed but the mechanics to hit target fails a lot and its CD its too dam high imo, so i dont use it

you should use fast your anti ccs. key is good key binds.

you should kite sin - not leting him execute more than one combo and not let him kb you. if he kb you - he will kill you until you will get up, unless you use what it takes. so try to predict when he is going to use his kick (this is one step combo so it is possible to double tap it, but quite difficult.

if you kb sin - as a hybrid - you can take about 40% of his hp during kb. keep distance- in duels vs sin id rather avoid long combos like upheaval(zerker, never use dual wield upheaval as a hybrid), use your jagged cut combos as they have huge radius and you will improve your br stacks and heal yourself.

vs good sins duels are really boring- the one who will be effectively cc's first - will win duel.

vs bad sins - they often just keep on dps when you have your bubble on - you can easily kill them.

always movement is a key, so again keep distance and dont let them execute more than one combo in a row.

hybrid build is better vs sin in duels, you can also have excellent balance, it might be helpful.

when your opponent get stagger effect - take advantage of it, slow sin is easy to kill.

I recommend you this build as quite good in duels against every class, use atg or WiT vs sin: http://aocfeats.com/feat/barb/1121dd...d90c6952c6958c

and keep in mind that duel vs sin is often like a lottery - you will get lag, get kb'd and you are dead in 2 sec.

use agile mind when you see fear animation- not after it starts working, so you wont get your combo interrupted. just short combos , keeping distance, anti ccs and kiting.
    Last edited by Sarcopthes; 10th April 2013 at 12:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Whalar View Post
    The thing you write in first sentence is impossible, sin cant land anything on you after he roots you before you break it with anti cc. It is instant cc release and his gc+bomd or sds+face stab is not instant.
    you must be to slow with your anti cc key if they manage to kill you rooted.

i know its not instant, but it feels like it, probably im too slow on hitting the antiRoot but still, when im fast enough, alot of times im already on half health cause of miasma crit or whirlwind then when im trying to kite around the bomb explodes (never know when sins drops it actually, after, before, dunno)

Quote Originally Posted by Whalar View Post
    solved, sorry about that

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post

Yes this is good basic zerker build, only thing i will do is remove 1 point from lethality into swarm fighter (better gain for that 1 point) and remove 1 point form staggering punch to reverse swing, i think 8 sec is fairly enough specially with all anti cc flying around. but if you want to leave it than maybe remove 2 points from lethality and put them in swarm fighter and reverse swing.

the entrapment perk is still too low ranked and for the escape artist i like its damage bleed but the mechanics to hit target fails a lot and its CD its too dam high imo, so i dont use it
    Hmmmh escape artist is an anti-cc 1 minut CD removes all snares and roots, it's a feat from general tree. What you are talking about sounds like No Escape which can be usefull but wasn't talking about that ^^
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast