Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to buy T3 Rare relics at reliquary vendors.

Smile Unable to buy T3 Rare relics at reliquary vendors.

Currently there is no alternative way to obtain a rare relic which drops from the last 2 bosses in Tier 3 Thoth Amon Stronghold raid instance. As i play in a casual guild i have to join pug tier 3 raids and have to rely on chance rolls to win these items which can be a very time consuming process when you are unlucky in rolling.

I know i could leave my guild and join a raiding guild that uses some kind of dkp system but i d`ont see why i should be made to do that just to advance my characters gear.

My suggestion is that why not make these rare relics purchasable at the reliquary vendors ? If it cost 60 tokens and 1 rare to buy 1 of these armor pieces why not make the cost of a rare token 60 t3 tokens which would be fare price.

If implemented i think alot more people would organize tier 3 raids even those doing t4 would benefit at re running these instances.

T3 rares also drop from Zaal and Lurker.

Archfiend and Zaal are relatively easy.

Why do you need T3 gear anyway? For vanity?

Well, i would not follow that advice since 3.5 raids are even harder and pugs are non-existent :P

Keep joining thoses T3 PUGS or try to join organized PUG raids that rewards better their members. T3 "global" pugs raids are kind of harsh for unlucky people since there's not loot rules.

In the french community, we have our own pugs raids with particular loot rules (if you have already looted, except trashloot, pass on the next until it goes trashloot too...) to ensure maximum people is rewarded.

T3 rare for 60 T3 simple ? Why not but only at the seller after Keeper's room.
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

Even in a causual guild you can do a lot within the guild to promote progress, have you tried to get your guildmates to start doing some t3 of your own?
    I am Stian ingame...

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Well, i would not follow that advice since 3.5 raids are even harder and pugs are non-existent :P
    He said there's no alternative to get T3 rares - this is not true

PS PUGs suck.

Making the rare relics buyable would negate the very reason why these rare relics exist.

Funcom could just sell the T3 main pieces for 60 simple relics + the number of simple relics needed to buy one rare.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyr31 View Post

I know i could leave my guild and join a raiding
    I think we've identified the problem.

Why do you want raid gear if you aren't going to be a raider?

One thing that I find problematic about the idea of buying a rare relic with simple ones is that this would enable you to eventually get the major armor parts without ever killing the last two T3 bosses -- but the whole idea of loot tables in all raid tiers has always been that to get all the gear, you need to kill all the bosses, and that the most important parts drop from bosses that are harder to reach and kill.

I think the main problem with the current system of rare relics is that winning them is (if you aren't in a guild with DKP or some similar loot system) largely a matter of luck, so if you have a bit of bad luck you could end up waiting a depressingly long time to win the rare relics you need. For that, the best solution IMO would be to replace rare relics with a different type of token, let's call it a rare fragment, which would be dropping as a participation token from the last two T3 bosses (and similarly in T3.5), so that each raider would get e.g. two or three rare fragments each time he participates in a kill of one of those bosses. Then the loot vendors can be updated so that e.g. you could buy a T3 chest for 60 simple relics + 40 rare fragments (instead of 60 simple relics + 1 rare relic). This would remove the element of luck in getting the rare relics, and would guarantee you an upper limit on the number of boss kills you need to participate in before you can get your armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    Why do you want raid gear if you aren't going to be a raider?
    I don't know about the motivations of the original poster but to me it seems obvious that everyone would want to have raid gear, simply because it provides character progression, regardless of what you're actually going to be doing in the game. For some classes, raid gear is also a very good option as vanity armor (e.g. ToS T3 gear).

Quote Originally Posted by cynara View Post
    For that, the best solution IMO would be to replace rare relics with a different type of token, let's call it a rare fragment, which would be dropping as a participation token from the last two T3 bosses (and similarly in T3.5)
    Yes, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    T3 rare for 60 T3 simple ? Why not but only at the seller after Keeper's room.
    You know how silly this suggestion is now, after dungeon binding system "I have no idea what I have done" revamp, when you can team up with anyone who have cleared instance, go in, buy what you want and still be able to join raid there since you are not getting bound if you don't kill boss?

Luck element duiring raidss is great! - ok not rly, but I like it :P - 248 simples from kills only since I got last tear on one of my toons. When other has full big set but still not compleated smalls. Some may find this irritating, I'll preffer laughing.
    Last edited by bogus; 10th April 2013 at 18:02.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast