Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Best & Worst List

Well, I'll give my opinions for the categories that won't cause flaming.

Best instance: I've always loved Black Castle, maybe because it was the first group dungeon you can do, but I just really enjoyed it, especially the Raiders of the Lost Ark ball. Another favorite would be Sanctum of Burning Souls.

Worst instance: Probably Prison Colony in Thunder River. The loot there was absolutely crap and it visually did nothing for me. Probably my second least favorite would be Cradle of Decay.

Best raid: Overall, I'm gonna go with T3 before they nerfed it so much. Best boss fights in the game will probably be Thoth Amon and Yah Chieng.

Worst raid: Guess I really can't pick as they are all good, but I will highlight raid bosses I can't stand: T2 Incubus/Succubus (stupid fears and kb's ugh), T3 (absolutely hate the new Louhi, why'd you change it Funcom?), T4 Imp (ffs, reduce his hp already!)

Best music: My favorite is the music in the Stygian zones, but all the music is good, none that I don't like.

*Best PvPer: bundrov

*Best PvEer: gitbin

*Best Guild: destiny

*Best Instance: vortex

*Best Raid: the memory cloud (keaira/luzi t4 encounter)

*Best in-game Music: login screen theme

*Best Player: maero

The list looks poor tbh, of it's lack of explanation. But i will try anyway.

Best PvPer:
    Probably Vouga from {CoE}, as he did a lot of pvp on different classes. And he did lots of pvp on undergeared, AA-less characters. Not only k/d whoring with soildier class.

Best PvEer:
    Radim from {CoE}. Done hundreds HM's with him, he was almost on every class avaible in game, and played well, showing good survivng and dps. Sometimes he got focused on dps, but always coming back to reality in time, when situation going out of control, also with giving advices for failers, sometimes trolling them.

Best Guild:
    Strange question. Guild can be chosen of PvP, PvE hm, PvE raid, rp etc.
    But first focus is on the nationality and language spoken. For that moment only few national based guilds with t4 content left in game.
    Vandalion, AFJ and C9 left.
    But AFJ stongest one for content at that moment, for providing content for newcomers, HM's, raids, pvp minis, pvp siedges, and all norsk wellcome. It represent maybe everything any AoC player may wish - "communication and content".
    But still not perfect of two huge minuses, first is DKP system and second is Mumble using instead of TS3.

Best/Worst Instance:
    Abyss is funniest and most dynamic instance in game. Then fort is very well and dynamic too. And new Wyrm instance is really cool in looks, and fun to play, at least was before it was broken.
    Worst is Dugout HM. Then Pillars are bad for loot table

Best/Worst Raid:
    Best is T2 as well balanced and with ok loots, and can be passed in balanced raid, and any boss in any wing can be easily accesed.
    T4 is really cool enough, but some encounters are unplayeble for some classes and require class stacking and relogging. Also storyline not yet properly finished, and quest rewards are poor.
    T1,T3,T3.5 lack good storyline.
    Wost 3.5 as it's really laggist of all, and have respawning timewasting thrash. And badly balanced for classes.

Best/Worst in-game Music:
    Best one at that moment is new Dragon Spine ost by Knut Avenstroup Haugen.
    Worst is probably for some low level areas.

Best Player:
    Best player nowdays is one who mastered well most of classes and felling them when playing. And i saw only Radim good at it, very good at PVE group-raid and not bad in PVP. Dpsing, survivng, kiting when need to fight end ok for team he in. And don't need waste time on explaining him obvious things of class, or instance mechanicks. But he is like some Tiger tank, requiring 1-2h to warm up after he just wake up.
    Last edited by hoskuldr; 9th April 2013 at 16:51.

hrm.. Tough choice on some.. (sticking with the no flame theme)

Best Instance: I had a lot of fun leveling up in Cistern / Main System. Really felt like a dungeon. Id say my 2nd is Sanctum. I also really like the time trial thingy.

Worst Instance: AI... Zone is just super annoying

Best Raid: Im still really liking T4. My favorite fight is a tie between Zodiac amd Emperor. My only complaint is it takes forever to run from one end of the raid to the other. Aside from this, I think the fights are rather creative (except Imp) and very pretty.

Worst Raid. I hate all of Wing 2. Every single bit of it. Once every 6 months, Ill run a W2 pug and it reminds me all over again why i cant stand this zone lol A close second is Louhi - especially wiping to mana drains. At least with Imp you can make some competiton between sides in "who is dpsing moar"

Best Music: Wha?? Theres in game music? We just put Amazing Horse on in a vent channel on repeat. >.>
    Getta
    Guild Leader of socialRejects
    Crom: Georgetta (necro) | Georgett (guard) | Getta (dt)
    Fury: Georgena

Visit Us at: http://www.srejects.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Worst instance: Probably Prison Colony in Thunder River. The loot there was absolutely crap and it visually did nothing for me.
    A tip: always do Prison Colony in Epic. Not much will change but experience gain and loot.

Best raid: Overall, I'm gonna go with T3 before they nerfed it so much. Best boss fights in the game will probably be Thoth Amon and Yah Chieng.
    Yes, that was my favorite instance as well before the blunder of Funcom though they fixed Louhi in a good way.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 10th April 2013 at 05:05.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoskult View Post
    and you have been in every guild in game to be able to say this, yes?
    Learn to read. Best iv seen, doesent mean iv seen it all.
    ClengisKhan

Barbb, Serapha, Yatzi, Pallehysa, Bagpipe

Well, I'll give my opinions for the categories that won't cause flaming.
    Silly goose. Like theres a specific reason or an category of comments that cause flaming.
    ClengisKhan

Quote Originally Posted by clenghat View Post
    Silly goose. Like theres a specific reason or an category of comments that cause flaming.
    If I start posting best pve/pvp players/guilds, that will cause instant hell of flaming.

That's why I chose to answer the less flammable topics.

With current wall of moderators, let them flame. Flamers is going to find stuff to flame about regardless of topic.
    ClengisKhan

Best Instance: Ti'an or Sepulcher. Sepulcher would've been a clear winner if the final boss was more challenging on a skill basis and not on a gear basis. Second fight of Sepulcher is probably one of the best fights in the game. Ti'an is good because it's one of the few instances where DPS can shine; for many other encounters their role can feel totally trivial.

Worst Instance: Jade Dugout. Just a fiddly fight that no-one really wants to do and the rewards table is bad.

Best Raid Encounter: Yah Chieng. Everyone has an important role and tanking it is a tremendous amount of fun. Memory Cloud is a close second just for all the lols and it's a casual break after the last few fights.

Worst Raid Encounter: Imp (boring mechanics and it goes forever) or Zodiac (buggy with lights, can one shot symbols to make it impossible, zone turns into water and you fall through the floor, etc. etc.). Worst Raid Encounter outside of T4 I suppose would be Louhi. It's just not fun.

I'm not getting into the rest of the best/worst player stuff.
    Last edited by Boesch; 10th April 2013 at 12:39.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast