Thread: Old player returning

Default Old player returning

Hello! I've been playing AoC on and off for a long time now, and looking to come back to the game.

However, it seems all of my old buddies no longer play this game, and so I was looking for some solo content.

What are some ways I can gear myself up via soloing?

You can do the Khitai factions, and Solo dungeons.

http://aoc.wikia.com/wiki/Solo_Dungeons

However you can also get rare trophies i normal mode khitai dungeons and they don't require gear and aa.

At 80 find what factions you need in Khitai for your class and farm solo dungeons for rares and quest for MOA. Then buy Khitai gear which will be your endgame gear if you only solo.

You can get all accessories, weapons and 5 armor pieces from factions. 2 armor pieces from dragonspine. you need to settle for blue hands I think. Having done this you are better geared than full T3 and ready for T4(minus the experience of grouping, which is significant)

Dungeons are Forgotten city in Gateway to Khitai. Refuge of the Apostate in Karakorum. Isle of Iron statues and Deadmans hand in Turan.

Sidenote: Grouping for dungeons and raids are more fun. Get a friendly guild on your server.

play the game as it was new again and make new friends.

jump in a pug for a dungeon for example

you need to engage in other players to actually have real fun in such type of games (mmo).

welcome back

Thanks.

I have an 80 conquerer with pretty sub-standard gear but good AA.

I should mention that I also have a level 80 Herald of Xotli.

I am pretty attached to both.

Are either of these classes good for soloing? Will I have trouble?

jump in a pug for a dungeon for example
    I will try! But my server (Tyranny) looks pretty empty...

By the way, thanks to all for the friendly advice.
    Last edited by mithie; 8th April 2013 at 13:15.

I can speak for HoX. You will be fine solo, but you gotta be careful with 3 mobs+ and use all your abilities for dps and cc. It will take some gearing up before you can start charging into packs of mobs and rip them apart in Khitai.

In pvp you will have problem if you let rogues jump you. Hard to avoid really, but when they get first shot/hit in it will be hard for you to come back.

Conq I have not played at 80.

The conqeror class just got a revamp so you may need to look at your build. Try the Conqueror subsection for info.

You can certainly solo well with it, but if you're not geared all that well, just be careful with how many mobs you pull until you're comfortable with your mob tolerance.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.