Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Free to Play; The Way To Go !

I say pay to play is the way to go, nothing is free guys you cant expect anything to improve or grow if you dont support it financially.

But for it to happen we cant have what Funcom did after the Khitai launch I got an impression that all the money from AoC subscribers went to TSW development or some other projects.

FC need to attract more people to subscribe and to justify the cost with the constant commitment and content development.
    Last edited by Redd; 8th April 2013 at 18:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    I say pay to play is the way to go, ...
    Well, ABSOLUTELY ! I would rather pay for the game once and be done with shelling out cash ... If that were an option.

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    Well, ABSOLUTELY ! I would rather pay for the game once and be done with shelling out cash ... If that were an option.

I think we misunderstood each other by saying pay to play I meant the subscription model as it is now is better but only if FC start showing the commitment to this game with updates so you feel that your money is going to the product you pay for.

Your option would be Buy to Play as it is in TSW I'd say but I am not quite convinced it would pay off in AoC, that system would require some good offers in the "ingame shop" and fees for the new content additions like 6 mans and raids, because as I said MMO game needs a constant care and attention with content additions which ofc require money flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    Well, ABSOLUTELY ! I would rather pay for the game once and be done with shelling out cash ... If that were an option..
    So basicly what your saying is: you don`t want new content in this game? Your new, and dont care if the majority of the player base gets fresh new content, since you have loads to play through yourself. Good man!

The only carrot in this game for vets, and top raiding guilds, is new content. So your fine with every top guilds in this game, which might be thousands of players, leaving and moving to a different game, where theres new content?

Yes f2p is the way to go. That will keep this game alive.
    ClengisKhan

Barbb, Serapha, Yatzi, Pallehysa, Bagpipe

I wouldn't mind a lifetime sub. A decent offer and i'd totally go for it. Now i am subbing and also spending money for Funcom points. Quite happily i might add.
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

Same here, just like many veterans i did hope there would be a lifetime sub at a point or another.
    Unfortunately, nothing ever came, but that's a medicine long time AoC players are used to now.

Someone said there used to be a lifetime sub for $200. I wish that was offered as I'd totally jump on it.
    ~*~ A real life Bear Shaman ~*~
    ~*~ ,,,>^O.O^<,,, Cimmerian women have claws like cats! ,,,>^O.O^<,,, ~*~

A lifetime sub? Wouldn't be equal to dropping the original retail price of $50.00 to (say) $30.00 and no subscription ? Thus paying for new content in box sales and in-game store ...
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

For us that have payed from early access to today (and beyond) they should make our sub lifetime already. Haven't we paid enough of their mistakes (all the unfixed bugs in the game) already?
    But i think the game is worth paying for if you like it. The f2p is months of gaming and at the point you run out of things to do you realy should pay for your time as it's clear you like the game.

I would like paying if there's something worth paying for.

Some people talk about new content : what did we have since HoC ? End of T4 2 year after ROTG launch ? Karutonia recycled HM ? Dragon's spine part1 with an unfinished dungeon ? Not talking about PvP content...
    That's pretty poor for a sub (even more for a lifetime one).

The only carrot in this game for vets, and top raiding guilds, is new content. So your fine with every top guilds in this game, which might be thousands of players, leaving and moving to a different game, where theres new content?
    Already happening since years. So, yeah. The current situation is not incentive to stay/go sub.
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast