Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Guide] Gear: daggers

Quote Originally Posted by Chass- View Post
    Quick question for my bro Slithy! What are the two best daggers in the game?

Im pretty sure the best main hand dagger is the T4 one, the one that drops on entity with the highest DPS. Then, what will be the best Off-hand dagger? I'm guessing one of the crafted T3 daggers, but which? Or is T4 better?! You are far superior to me when it comes to this stuff, halp!
    I am not much of a raider and never did extensive tests when it comes to boss fights so I can't take a stand on PVE.

Pvp is much more reactionary and there are many more variables and the fights are short. I would go with T4 mainhand and crafted T3 offhand for the Bel's proc alone. Even post nerf Bel's too good to pass up and it stacks with Precise Strikes feat.
    Retired

i'd say for pvp 2 entity daggers are best at the moment. reasons: 100 dex, 61 crit and combatrating each. Huge DPS push. With bels you need luck. bels need to be up in the right moment. this does not happen very often and you cant control it. the dps increase from t4 daggers is there, always and at any time. dex pushes evade too. another advantage. you always will have melees around you.

for pve both t4 daggers are best, the minus hate compensates the little less damge.

Hence I like ell of tor for pvp offhand, 97 crit rate with two more gem slots etc.

Ell sure is nice. But i reach 33% crit with small t4 dagger and t3 craft already. With both big t4 it even gets a little more. At this point i wont need those extra crit from ell. The +magic dont seem to make a difference.

+Mag doesn't, but the gem slots and other attributes does offer specific benefits that straight up dps increase doesn't. Specific to your case, I would still choose S of D b/c of black gem slot for added crit dmg rate instead of t4 shiv again for offhand.

For strictly PVE, and given the choice below, what is best?

Main hand T3 & Off hand Fury of the Void
    or
    Main hand Fury of the Void & Off hand Envy's Fury (or Hyrkanians)?

The t3 one has such awful stats given that it has no crit, but does the increase in weapon damage make up for the loss of ~1% crit?
    With fond memories of Corinthia RP-PvP...

Quote Originally Posted by Nevsky View Post
    Main hand Fury of the Void & Off hand Envy's Fury (or Hyrkanians)?
    This. 10char

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    i'd say for pvp 2 entity daggers are best at the moment. reasons: 100 dex, 61 crit and combatrating each. Huge DPS push.
    what are entity dags and where do we get em

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    what are entity dags and where do we get em
    Entity is the last boss in T4 raid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12