Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Guide] Gear: daggers

Default [Guide] Gear: daggers

repost from www.assassinshideout.com

for screenshots and links go directly to: http://aochideout.blogspot.com/2013/...r-daggers.html

=============================

In this post I want to start a series on gear with a strong focus on items that are both powerful and easy enough to get. Let be honest: you are not reading this guide because you have T3 crafted dagger, you are reading it because you don't..

When it comes to picking your dagger you want to check out this guide which covers main hand/offhand mechanics.

For more gear info go to http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/ .

PVP

(Tier 1) Skrimisher's Dirk (sold by NPC)
    Very well balanced dagger. It's not an ideal main hand weapon (too low base DPS), but as offhand weapon it will serve you till you get a very high end replacement like pvp lvl 10 dagger (even pvp tier 2 is not better as offhand).

It used to be a much better weapon pre-stamina revamp (because of stamina tap rating), but like I wrote: it will do great as offhander.

Assassin really needs access to good weapon right from the beginning of his pvp carrier (who doesn't, right?) so I would go as far as buying one dagger from in game cash-shop to ease up your bumpy road to pvp lvl 5.

It's a keeper.

(Tier 2) Warlord's Dagger (sold by NPC)

Clear replacement for Skirmisher Dirk as a main hand weapon. It's pretty bad at everything else. Since it's a mediocre weapon I wouldn't get more than one, just keep using Dirk as offhand and you will be good.

If you don't have a good alternative this dagger can be a decent PVE dagger because it has such crushing raw DPS advantage over other non-raiding pve daggers.

(Tier 3) Highlord's Dagger (sold by NPC)
    While being good upgrade to both Warlord and Skirmisher this weapon, even thou it requires max pvp lvl, it's still overshadowed by any PVE dagger which is Tier 3 crafted or better. High critical damage rating of this weapon makes worth it to get two of those, especially if you are using master assassin perk and critical rating build.

If you are non-raider then this is the best stuff you can get. You will be competitive in pvp, but far from the numbers T4 daggers can give you.

PVE

Asuran Ceremonial Dagger (culture crafted weapon)
    All around great dagger. If you can get your hands on this weapon at low price (ask guild mates to craft it for you, provide mats) it will make an awesome offhander for a long time. Getting Bel's Mirth gem in this weapon is mandatory because it will give you a fair proc chance that will grant you +1400 spell penetration. Meaning? Big ass soul detonation. Without this gem it's just a blue weapon.

Widow's Pain/Scorpion's Pray/Soulreaper (random world drop)
    Those 3 daggers have two things in common: those are random drops from bags/chests and all are overpriced as hell in trader. In reality those have about 20-30g worth to them (and that's being generous), but are sold for 100-150g. Absurd price, do not pay! Those daggers have poor stats and will be replaced very fast.

Abyssal Slicer (drops: Ymir's Pass :: Amphitheatre of Karutonia - The Devourer )
    Probably best dagger for new assassins. Easy enough to get and with a rough power right from the start. It drops in the new unchained version of AOK (last boss). The immunity rating on this dagger is pretty bad stat, but base DPS makes this perfect main hand weapon.

Dagger of Envy's Fury (Kheshatta :: Black Ring Citadel, quest item)
    This is a quest reward for killing one of the tier 2 raid bosses. Can be done with a PUG group. If you had to raid once in your life this would be a weapon to get. Pretty much perfectly balanced dagger with nothing, but useful stats. Unholy combat rating actually gives you more damage that it says because you will be debuffing your target against unholy. Great offhand dagger to go with Abyssal Slicer and you can get them both in a day (if you are lucky). Since Envy's is a quest item you will always get it if the boss is killed. Sadly that also means you can have only one.

Edge of the Night Spirits (sold by NPC, Hyrkanians faction)
    So far my favorite weapon. While the base DPS is far from being impressive the rest of the stats are pretty amazing....if you get two of these daggers. When paired up these weapons grant unparalleled critical damage rating, offhand rating and fatality rating. When supplemented with this build, full epic brittle blade armor (for offhand rating and critical damage rating) and this ring (for more fatality rating) you get absurd amount of offhand and bonus critical damage with a very high base chance to proc fatality. Those are not cheap to get and you really need proper gear set up to get the most of it, but when you do it's pays off big time.

As a bonus those dagger have a wicked, very unique look to them.
    Retired

Should probably also mention a few of the raid daggers. The Fury of the Void daggers are also fairly nice. They have a higher base DPS than the Edge of the Nightspirits, but you lose offhand rating.

Tbh, the optimal setup might be a Fury of the Void main hand and Edge of the Nightspirit offhand. That is, other than t3 crafted and t4 of course.

the purpose of this guide was to showcase easy to get daggers, not all of them. It's for new assassins wanting to gear up.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    the purpose of this guide was to showcase easy to get daggers, not all of them. It's for new assassins wanting to gear up.
    Those are fairly easy to get. They drop from Gyas and drop frequently. I've even seen a few PuG's that will let you in with blue gear.

I do have that dagger. Still I think getting it is a step up from the rest of PVE daggers covered in the guide. I want to keep it simple.
    Retired

The key phrase here is "easy to get".

The Asuran Ceremonial Dagger you can buy. (easy)

Dagger of Envy's Fury is a quest reward. (easy)

Edge of Night Spirits is a faction purchase (easy but takes more time)

Fury of the Void T3 drop. Doesn't always drop and when it does you must still win the roll (not so easy)

I have only manage to get the Ranger daggers. Bad luck with the rolls for me.

Nice guide. Thank you for posting.

I was wondering if you had evaluated the dagger Heaven's Kal Gum.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...ards-Rogue.jpg

It is another easy to get dagger by completing the Eleven Sacred Weapons quest. It is a level 80 dagger but you do not have to be level 80 to equip it. It is possible to acquire it as early as level 72.

Heaven's Kal Gum
    69.9 dps
    +80 dexterity
    +48 hit rating
    +25 hate decrease rating

Quote Originally Posted by Tianma View Post
    I was wondering if you had evaluated the dagger Heaven's Kal Gum.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...ards-Rogue.jpg

It is another easy to get dagger by completing the Eleven Sacred Weapons quest. It is a level 80 dagger but you do not have to be level 80 to equip it. It is possible to acquire it as early as level 72.

Heaven's Kal Gum
    69.9 dps
    +80 dexterity
    +48 hit rating
    +25 hate decrease rating
    No I did't. Those are pretty decent stats.
    Retired

Quick question for my bro Slithy! What are the two best daggers in the game?

Im pretty sure the best main hand dagger is the T4 one, the one that drops on entity with the highest DPS. Then, what will be the best Off-hand dagger? I'm guessing one of the crafted T3 daggers, but which? Or is T4 better?! You are far superior to me when it comes to this stuff, halp!

That was something some sins and I talked about as well. After sone discussion and debate, I think for pvp players not looking for mag dmg based offhand, e of t with protect and crit gems may be best, but for those with aod or lo playstyles still s of d may be best offhand. Of course pve there are did needs for hate red and offhand rate. Id like to know what other sins think about in this issue with moore exp than me. I play only as tribrid in pvp as a note.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast