Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Tos Feats

Default New Tos Feats

They are terrible. who decided to make changes to the ToS?

You're a little late to the party about 18 months late

Quote Originally Posted by Zinclair View Post
    They are terrible.
    Yes, ToS "revamp" was disappointing.

who decided to make changes to the ToS?
    Some BS players took part of the revamp process.
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

tbh, time has passed and i find myself missing only 2 things from the pre-revamp ToS - rousing shock as an ability and Degredation of set... the rest is quite ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrefaeli View Post
    tbh, time has passed and i find myself missing only 2 things from the pre-revamp ToS - rousing shock as an ability and Degredation of set... the rest is quite ok.
    I tend to agree, divide and conquer? multi Tornados? Who used any of it. There was only one build that any tos used, and gear made the difference. Now a days, many tos use many builds. I even use general in pvp and do well. Gank has some interesting builds too.

I think if you just spend some time with the new feats, you will be pleasantly surprised.

I've tested only Static blood and storm blood in PvP.

Storm Blood is okay-ish, but why did they included a removal of all AoE effects on ToS ? For the mana gain maybe ? I don't think it worth it, considering you'll lose mana tap of aoe effect too.

Static blood is the biggest disappointment i've encountered. Looks pretty good on paper but in the warfield, it is weak. 155 retributive damage :

- Necros lifetap overheal that damage.
    - Against sin it's too slow/weak and is countered by LO procs.
    - Don't work against conqs dot's.
    - Don't work against rangers dot's (except flame trap)

So only good against dt in order to draining his mana faster...
    So at the end, you have a 10% health tap for 5 points, mmh yeah...

~~
    The fact you have to cripple yourself (not playing bubble or set's brutal storm) in order reach the "pvp tree" (or intended so) speak for itself. Sad to say this, but the revamp actually failed to offer new viable options in both pvp or pve. So players sticked to the old ones and adapted theses.

In PvE, we actually gained at playing both Nebthu and Bubble tree. Why not, but not much a gain gameplay-wise. LS-oriented feats are only on purpose in fights where you have to stay at range (Entity, Lurker).
    And still, i don't know for you but i hate TLOS. I hate spamming my blue for damage. Sadly, revamp haven't changed this.

In PvP : It doesn't changed the "bubble-dependency" of ToS. Sure, i've seen some odd templates running by some ToS in minis (cyclone+ls) but theses are :
    1/ Solo-intended (leeching kills with LS at max range, some sort of wannabe-gimped-demo without any support of fight in short range)
    2/ Not really efficient as the stormfield+bubble template. I don't think you contribute as well or better to your team playing like that.

So far i've never seen any Puppet of Set user in PvP.

Idk about US metagame, but revamp has almost changed nothing in the ToS's life on EU-servers. Some things gained (Set's empowerment was the best change imo), some things losts (as Barre said + stormfield nerf) and still many disappointing feats.
    Last edited by Bibik; 10th April 2013 at 09:47.

About pvp you arent right, alot top pvp toses on Fury are playing without bubble anymore.

Revamp was a good thing, it finally gave toses some flexibility in spec's, ofc it didnt up class after all, but it made feats positions more logic.

Rousing Shock was a good change, did bring some skill back to this abilty. Degradation fo set ofc a big loss, thats sad thing.

Only major problem after revamp that still end feats like Cyclone and Puppets couldnt compete Nebthu and Bubble by general efficiency. Tho changes for them were really nice but just not enough.
    Cripples gonna cripple

Revamp was a good thing, just that they done a poor job doing it. They buffed pve (needless) and made lighting even worse. Rousing shock change didn't do crap to "add more skill". The revamp just made all normal tos's spec bubble, and nobody spec puppet like pre 1.05. Yes I'm one of those tos's that don't use transmutation now. But that's b/c they forced me. I'm fine with that. But previously I only spec'd maybe one or two points in ether absorption, now it's impossible to play without it b/c of the piss poor mana issues. And somehow they thought storm blodd change was needed? Brainless changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarhal View Post
    About pvp you arent right, alot top pvp toses on Fury are playing without bubble anymore.
    I would like seeing those specs
    I have hard times in PUG minis cause i'm often focused and teamplay is not the same as premade (esp. on Crom) so i consider bubble as a must-have and i can't name the number of times it saved my ass

For the Rousing Shock ability, it work correctly against some long cast stun (like BS one) or easily-predicted ones (dt's), one of the issue i hate the worst is that it only work on group and not raid (i've wasted many times Rousing on raidmates of the second group in JS)

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    I would like seeing those specs
    I have hard times in PUG minis cause i'm often focused and teamplay is not the same as premade (esp. on Crom) so i consider bubble as a must-have and i can't name the number of times it saved my ass

For the Rousing Shock ability, it work correctly against some long cast stun (like BS one) or easily-predicted ones (dt's), one of the issue i hate the worst is that it only work on group and not raid (i've wasted many times Rousing on raidmates of the second group in JS)
    Tos is still really squishy, and puts out good dps, so you should be focused, putting the obvious that youre a healer to the side. Tos, like a hox, is 100% team oriented and needs a team to help them. Or the other team ignores you. Happens both way on pugs on set. Some games you get farmed, or drop like the other bad tos on set, or stay, encourage your team mates, and try to improve.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast