Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Presents from most recent downtime

During raids, the new ress pattern makes it difficult to pick the proper ress given since you might get four or five popping across the screen and it keeps defaulting to the 'base' ress point. So unless you are careful you could end up ressing back to the beginning in t4 raids (hint: please put a ress pad in between emperor and zodiac, thanks).

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    Because TL is not Live? It's not the first time Live behaves different than TL after the patch.
    We have even had a patch where a bug appeared on EU but not US. It's a strange world
    Operator irc.funcom.com:6667 #ageofconan #thesecretworld
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the world asunder
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

The history of bad code control at FunCom is a long and painful reading.. I'm pretty sure someone said this was solely to fix some server crashes, but still the client was updated and we got this apx. 1 year old code back into the client.. No idea what revision control system you guys are using, but someone somewhere is really not handling it too well..
    Skrymirne/Skrymirna/Skrymirni(Guards) Hildrida/Toireasa/Nudde(Conqs) Radgrid/Eirne/Ciannait/Boudicia(DTs)
    Crudelita/Cruelida(Barbs) Sindarilla/Cliodhna/Noinin/Fionuir(Sins) Pinnesenida(Ranger)
    Nuadhu/Maihread(Poms) Toselita(Tos) Qtie/Macushla(BS)
    Livtrasir(Necro) Helsvitje(Demo) Niuth/Niuthiune(Hoxes)

I think the issues come from them branching the codebase so much ... they must not merge back very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Hi guys,
    It is quite interesting if any data has changed because the downtime recently was a code fix only to stop some lag spikes and server crashes that occurred due to a cache overflow. I am looking into how the rez window changed in a seemingly random way.

Was also why there were no patch notes - there really wasn't a patch.

The new downtime is maintenance work on some of the server clusters and again should not contain any actual data changes.
    So we just downloaded what then? No changes and i think we got at least new download manager and think it was like 60M of other data that was downloaded as well.

And there is nothing random about the ress bug it's just working wrong every time and as already said you have already fixed this mistake once before.

You keep making the same mistakes over and over again. Any chance you could start documenting what you do so you wouldn't be so lost every time you need to change someting in the code?

Quote Originally Posted by blutti View Post
    You keep making the same mistakes over and over again. Any chance you could start documenting what you do so you wouldn't be so lost every time you need to change someting in the code?
    The changes most likely aren't lost, they are sitting on another branch that did not get merged, or they got overwritten by a merge from another branch.

Quote Originally Posted by mardragon7 View Post
    Nusquam
    Forum God

lol good one

Looting is also possible from tigers now. Was that change previous to this "patch" ? If it was now, please dont change this one back.
    I'm disgusted! How did no one post this?
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Please, no more patches! Only bugfixes.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    Because TL is not Live? It's not the first time Live behaves different than TL after the patch.
    the thing is, there hasn´t been any TL update for about 7 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    the thing is, there hasn´t been any TL update for about 7 weeks
    You tell me, I check it several times a day Anyway, I wasn't addressing this issue.

But the fact the patcher was updating etc. is really fishy

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast