Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Presents from most recent downtime

Its like the FC newbie coders are learning all things from the beginning. Now they have lesson 1. How to restart server. It will be years before we will see any new content or actual fixes...

Atleast they're working on the game again, but there still seems to be more activity on TSW especially on the TL TSW forums. I guess they will push out that last TSW Issue 6 patch and then maybe focus more on AoC.

Are those presents available through /claim? I got nothing.

Funcom

Hi guys,
    It is quite interesting if any data has changed because the downtime recently was a code fix only to stop some lag spikes and server crashes that occurred due to a cache overflow. I am looking into how the rez window changed in a seemingly random way.

Was also why there were no patch notes - there really wasn't a patch.

The new downtime is maintenance work on some of the server clusters and again should not contain any actual data changes.

Quote Originally Posted by mucklavee View Post
    i have noticed the cursor disappearing and 3/4's of my mage's spells being resisted (in a row) along with resting being resisted.....yeah you heard it correctly....resting being resisted
    Sounds like someone that just started questing in paikang around corrupted mobs and blames the increased fizzle chance the mobs debuff you with on a new patch.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    The new downtime is maintenance work on some of the server clusters and again should not contain any actual data changes.
    Why aren't these patches applied on Test live so we can test them in case something goes horribly wrong with them?

Btw, are you guys working on a new patch for TL? crafting soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Hi guys,
    It is quite interesting if any data has changed because the downtime recently was a code fix only to stop some lag spikes and server crashes that occurred due to a cache overflow. I am looking into how the rez window changed in a seemingly random way.

Was also why there were no patch notes - there really wasn't a patch.

The ressurection options did change, and in a consistent way, it is also the same problems we experienced a long time ago in a patch that should not change anything, and it was "fixed".

And by "fixed" i mean changed to work in a way more suitable to other players.

Resspads in refuge-instance now actualy work as they should(when you die you get the option of the closest resspad), something it have not done in a long time(used to be that you got the entrance resspad by default).

If you have any dev-notes from the last time it was "fixed" you will probable also find how to fix it without getting the bug where players are ressed where they die and not next to the priest, i belive that was a follow-up bug from the last time when you had to fix the ressurect window.
    I am Stian ingame...

Nusquam
    Forum God

lol good one

Looting is also possible from tigers now. Was that change previous to this "patch" ? If it was now, please dont change this one back.

You can also loot after a minigame ends, that was not possible before the maintenance.
    Operator irc.funcom.com:6667 #ageofconan #thesecretworld
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the world asunder
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

Quote Originally Posted by paulson View Post
    Why aren't these patches applied on Test live so we can test them in case something goes horribly wrong with them?
    Because TL is not Live? It's not the first time Live behaves different than TL after the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by mardragon7 View Post
    Looting is also possible from tigers now. Was that change previous to this "patch" ? If it was now, please dont change this one back.
    It was possible before if you had your weapon drawn.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast