Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: downtime 5/4/13

To me the point is not the (poorly chosen) time, but the question: What the hell did they fix or even work on?

If anyone would tell us whats going on then nobody would complain. It's again all about comunication...let us know what your doing.

"downtime - fixing problem x", "downtime - restart because some critical % of custumers reportet about y"

= Everyone is fine, because the reasons behind the decission are clear.

Now - you have angry players, left in the dark, and the best situation to start rumors...one may start thinking that FC only "hotfixes" things linked to...dirty stuff...starting with an e and ending with ***oits...

Quote Originally Posted by blutti View Post
    We get mods trolling now?

So where are the patch notes for that update?
    Nothing was updated.

For those curious the servers were brought down for and emergency hot fix. The problem was server crashes. Which if left unchecked would have continued over the weekend.

But since this issue has run its course:

Thread closed
    Locked!
    Last edited by Arishanya; 6th April 2013 at 11:14.
    Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?

>> Only one character from 'Vorbiz' exists in my player name. So if you see me or anyone else with a similar name running around: It is not me.

Social Guidelines | General Support | Community FAQ | Support FAQ

There was a change in the patch that will soon cause issues: a res cast on a player no longer automatically switches to the location of the resser, it now switches - briefly - to the resser then resets to the instance res point. You must (again) click the > to choose to res at the conq/priest rather than the lobby. It also resets to instance res point with every additional priest/conq casting a res on them. (In a raid last night, I accepted a res from one priest and barely beat out the switch to lobby from a 2nd incoming res.)

If other players are like me, they've gotten used to clicking on a res as soon as it shows in the box. I expect there will be more than one player in the next week or so who will take a battle res from a conq, and either not knowing of this change or forgetting it has happened, will end up in a lobby and thus miss out on loot. Or worse, contribute to a full raid wipe because their tanking/healing wasn't ressed inside the raid zone.

I suspect this was an inadvertant change, but it needs to be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorbiz View Post
    Nothing was updated.
    So patch was for server, but you need to patch client as well? Smells like not truth :-)

BTW. Particles for Hellfire Stream and Bindings don't show up anymore on my demo
    Last edited by nedbee; 6th April 2013 at 10:27.
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456