Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy T4 tactics?

storm of arrows seems totaly random we can have boss cast it all the time every 2 minutes or so or have no casts of it at all independent number of melee necro pets around boss+players

always felt like an poorly devised mechanic along side disarm wich screws up by huge amounts agro on boss
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    storm of arrows seems totaly random we can have boss cast it all the time every 2 minutes or so or have no casts of it at all independent number of melee necro pets around boss+players

always felt like an poorly devised mechanic along side disarm wich screws up by huge amounts agro on boss
    I remember getting Storm of Arrows only when there was much more people than usual (this happens if there's too much melee on alt raid). 99,99% of times we killed him there was no SoA at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    I remember getting Storm of Arrows only when there was much more people than usual (this happens if there's too much melee on alt raid). 99,99% of times we killed him there was no SoA at all.
    i have seen storm of arrows casted with tank + healer kitting boss many times^^

i have seen all theories about what causes it crumble to facts and why it happens remains a mistery

all that matters is people dealing with cheng must be ready for it at any given time and react to it accordingly
    Last edited by noite80; 8th April 2013 at 17:57.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

i have seen storm of arrows casted with tank + healer kitting boss many times^^

i have seen all theories about what causes it crumble to facts and why it happens remains a mistery

all that matters is people dealing with cheng must be ready for it at any given time and react to it accordingly
    You must be doing something wrong then - it never happens on our main raid and when we get it on alt raid, then we just reduce the number of people on boss and voila!

You must be doing something wrong then - it never happens on our main raid and when we get it on alt raid, then we just reduce the number of people on boss and voila!
    well no offense man we kill it every week most weeks twice per week

no amount of people around boss or pets triggers soa on boss.
    sometimes it triggers with just 1 tank+healer kitting others it doesnt

i have seen 3 necro with melee pets on boss all 3 of them so 24 melee pets and no storm of arrows.

like i said all theories i had and others had about it crumbled due to facts.

you just need to be ready to react to it and that is that.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

well no offense man we kill it every week most weeks twice per week

no amount of people around boss or pets triggers soa on boss.
    sometimes it triggers with just 1 tank+healer kitting others it doesnt

i have seen 3 necro with melee pets on boss all 3 of them so 24 melee pets and no storm of arrows.

like i said all theories i had and others had about it crumbled due to facts.

you just need to be ready to react to it and that is that.
    I'm just saying you're doing something wrong in regard to SoA

We also clear Sheng 1-2 times a week and we have no problem with SoA - the few times it happened (personally saw it only 3 times after the first kill in May'12) we just told some melees to **** off and SoA didn't trigger.

I don't know what the mechanics for SoA are, but somehow we accidentally avoid the trigger all the time

We have no pets on Sheng (only DS if available IIRC) - just a few tanks, healers and maybe 1 melee.

Well it would be nice if funcom would comment on this, since the tactics seem to be random. Usually we wipe if SoA gets cast since SFF doesnt always seem to remove the dot of death you get. And yes we switch sides etc, but usually lose 1-2 people at least.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

I'm just saying you're doing something wrong in regard to SoA

We also clear Sheng 1-2 times a week and we have no problem with SoA - the few times it happened (personally saw it only 3 times after the first kill in May'12) we just told some melees to **** off and SoA didn't trigger.

I don't know what the mechanics for SoA are, but somehow we accidentally avoid the trigger all the time

We have no pets on Sheng (only DS if available IIRC) - just a few tanks, healers and maybe 1 melee.
    we have no problems with it either some weeks never happens others it happens frequently either way boss dies, and either way its not related to amount of people surrounding boss

if you react fast you wont get dot and if you get dot you have 10 secs to remove it with sf else it turns into an unremovable dot
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

necro melee pets and demo pets on follow cause it, atleast get SoA wheb frozen hatred or demo pet on follow

someone suggested that storm of arrows happens in situation when boss cannot reach its target when many people are close to him. but i don't know.. we had four storm of arrows on one pull and seemed a bit over the top. hard to say what causes it.

if you're fast removing the ruin thingy, nobody dies. fight just takes a bit longer since you gots to reposition boss etc. nice fight but easy to fvck up too

our fastest kills have been around 3 minute mark, i think. without any special tricks.

i don't think there are many ways to speed up the fights in t4.. fights are designed in a way that don't allow speedkills.

basilisk can be done in few mins if all siege weapons hit the boss on first try and dps and tanking is spot on.
    imp.. i think our fastest kill is between 7-8 mins
    zodiac takes what it takes.. lucky if no light gets bugged or the horrible pathing issues strike at critical moment
    emperor.. sure you can do it fast, in theory, but seems like a longshot not worth taking
    entity is what it is... not worth trying any special tricks

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast