Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy T4 tactics?

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    It is much faster that way unless DPS is horrible.
    Exactly, takes about 2 or so minutes less if I remember correctly.

Getting back to the original topic of crazy T4 strats....Has any guild ever tried to burn down all 3 mini bosses at once in Sheng fight? Now that they dont stack the debuff on the raid it seems possible just hard to manage with Volley/aoes, would it change runners or boss mechanics if all 3 mini bosses are dead?
    Last edited by Dodgeball; 6th April 2013 at 23:37. Reason: misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    would it change runners or boss mechanics if all 3 mini bosses are dead?
    As each miniboss dies, its corresponding add (archer, pikeman, or warfist) stops spawning and Sheng gains an ability. I think he gets disarm from the polearm guy dying. I don't know which abilities he gets from the other 2 because I've never seen the ranger left alive or the roundhouse guy killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bvis View Post
    As each miniboss dies, its corresponding add (archer, pikeman, or warfist) stops spawning and Sheng gains an ability. I think he gets disarm from the polearm guy dying. I don't know which abilities he gets from the other 2 because I've never seen the ranger left alive or the roundhouse guy killed.
    Doesn't he get Skypierce from Yi Qin?

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    I think so. Has anyone ever tried to leave the ranger alive? We always kill him. No sky pierce maybe, but how to deal with volley? Maybe if the kiter took him to a empty spot perhaps? One stuff up tho - it's all over.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    That would make sense, I've just never been in a raid that tried to fight Sheng with Yi Qin still alive to see if he doesn't do Sky Pierce then.

Quote Originally Posted by Bvis View Post
    That would make sense, I've just never been in a raid that tried to fight Sheng with Yi Qin still alive to see if he doesn't do Sky Pierce then.
    Yi Qin's volley has too much range, don't think it's viable to keep him alive.

That's why he is always the one miniboss everyone seems to kill.

Some kill polearm boss as well (we do) but pretty sure all kill the ranger boss.

In our experience, if we don't have a minimum of 10 people around Sheng *during* Sky Pierce, he will do storm of arrows.

keeping ranger alive should be possible if you kite him around the entree he can't reach the doors but u may need 1 heal and 1 tank to kite/survive all 3miniboss aoes

Quote Originally Posted by Scaevacas View Post
    In our experience, if we don't have a minimum of 10 people around Sheng *during* Sky Pierce, he will do storm of arrows.
    Thats really interesting..

We were always told to have less than 5-6 people around sheng right after sky piece or he will cast Storm of arrow. But that never seemed to make a lot of sense either.

We have found that on our raids we are more likely to get Storm of arrows on the FIRST sky pierce, but we have never gotten it on any sky pierces after that.

Reading others strats mentioning pets and at least 10 or 11 people is interesting.

We really dont change anything from the first sky pierce to the 2nd, so there are no new people or less people coming to the boss..

So yes understanding the full mechanics of sky pierce would be nice.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast