Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy T4 tactics?

Quote Originally Posted by Haybreed View Post
    We kill both projections. A group on each one and use 12 ranged. Makes the fight less of a bore when melee is somewhat engaged. Also lets the range be in SW longer since you don't take the bombardment that often. But I know other guilds that just use one tank and healer on each projection to keep it busy while they use 20 range.

I don't like the full raid nuke on the boss. Its uncontrolled and sloppy as its pretty much "kill him before the projections pick us off" type of thing.
    ^ this ... a lot more control imo. Granted, can suck sometimes when ppl are not paying attention and die on the pads thus making it closer to wipe due to timer or too many shields. With good runs we can kill the projections on both sides at the same time with 12 range only on the boss within 6-7 mins

and sometimes for fun and when baneric tanks on his conq (stfu ... he's good conq tank) ... we kill projections with just 4 one side for shits.

But, as other posters have mentioned many different ways to kill the entity and probably some better than others. This one just fits us.

This tactic with 10 melees and 12 ppl on platforms super horrible with alot flaws, nothing there in control. Have a good time wiping alot times coz of lack of dps on boss :>

Besides if u get laser on 1 platforms and 2 ppl run already means that boss will get at least x1 stack and if for an example targets come on same platform + healer runs for vortex it means that have x2 and full invuls from damage, how could u even think it is good tactic? To make it steady u need at least 5 players on each platform.

And btw u dont need get off from spellweave each time acquring targets about to happen :P Ppl just should learn run fast, u cut alot of dps potential resetting SW stacks all time, I used to do up 1850 DPS on Entity encounter, you hardly reach even half of that if will reset SW all the time.

Imo about Entity tactics I think only acceptable perfomance is one when u have 6 on projections and 18 rdd on Entity, or which we are using atm, 9 on projections (tank + healer on each + 5 roamers) and 15 rdd on Entity.

About Entity speedkill - full challengefull way, go with 20 rdd and 1 tank + 1 healer on each projection :>
    Cripples gonna cripple

With 6+18 tactic you have enough dps to take a few ballast players (Entity redefines this concept)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarhal View Post
    About Entity speedkill - full challengefull way, go with 20 rdd and 1 tank + 1 healer on each projection :>
    The dps would have to be really good or the healers would have to off-tank and that's basically not possible (because of funky projection aggro)
    Last edited by Misiuggah; 5th April 2013 at 12:01.

Its easy to offtank on BS, which can pick it after bombardment, so BS can agro and tank for a while with RoG/IH. Also u can go full turtle mode on tanks, since u dont need any good agro, like 60%+ protection on dt could do really well (if dps is good wouldnt even need a healer off tanking).

About 4+20 if raid is decent and well equipped, should really fine dps increase and u can manage kill boss within 3 minutes, so means just 2-3 stacks of buff on Projection.
    Cripples gonna cripple

Its easy to offtank on BS, which can pick it after bombardment, so BS can agro and tank for a while with RoG/IH. Also u can go full turtle mode on tanks, since u dont need any good agro, like 60%+ protection on dt could do really well (if dps is good wouldnt even need a healer off tanking).
    As a BS it's easy to pull aggro in the beginning, but you have to give it away or burn your bubbles and be forced to run on bombardment. If I let tanks settle the aggro in the beginning I won't be getting it back.

I'm hitting the projection all the time (save for the first minute when I stop as soon as I get aggro). Even at x4-5 when tanks start to run away at bombardment I stay and dps - I need to run only once after ~6-7min.

If the tanks hide, I can dps for 10s and the projection will start one-shotting clothies instead of targetting me - it seems projections share aggro with the Entity to some degree.

About 4+20 if raid is decent and well equipped, should really fine dps increase and u can manage kill boss within 3 minutes, so means just 2-3 stacks of buff on Projection.
    Exactly - if they can do it before 4 stacks, then 1+1 is fine.
    Last edited by Misiuggah; 5th April 2013 at 13:26.

Ofc we talking about speedkill tactics, it not gonna work if raid cant produce dps :>

Normally we are getting 2nd stack on Projections somewhere in between of 50%-55% of Entity health while using 15 ppl on platforms. So if ppl dont **** up, then 4th stack will be applied alike to 10%-20% of Entity health, since DPS getting slower in 2nd part. If setup raid wisely additional 5 ppl will increase DPS like 30% more or smth, so shouldnt be any troubles kill it in 3 casts of Projection Summon.
    Cripples gonna cripple

This tactic with 10 melees and 12 ppl on platforms super horrible with alot flaws, nothing there in control. Have a good time wiping alot times coz of lack of dps on boss :>

Besides if u get laser on 1 platforms and 2 ppl run already means that boss will get at least x1 stack and if for an example targets come on same platform + healer runs for vortex it means that have x2 and full invuls from damage, how could u even think it is good tactic? To make it steady u need at least 5 players on each platform.

And btw u dont need get off from spellweave each time acquring targets about to happen :P Ppl just should learn run fast, u cut alot of dps potential resetting SW stacks all time, I used to do up 1850 DPS on Entity encounter, you hardly reach even half of that if will reset SW all the time.

Imo about Entity tactics I think only acceptable perfomance is one when u have 6 on projections and 18 rdd on Entity, or which we are using atm, 9 on projections (tank + healer on each + 5 roamers) and 15 rdd on Entity.

I think someone is just mad. if you would read what i posted we've killed with within 6-7 minutes with just 12 ppl...dps is not an issue. Typically when its all said and done no one is dead at the end. You have like hardly an bombardment because we kill both projections .... so yeah there's a lot of control there if your not bad. Plus you don't have to have nearly the entire raid on range....its silly enough as it is, might as well let melee have some fun and be productive too as killing the projections does help.

Yes, i know what that means with the pads and getting 1 stack if 2 leave from the same spot....just don't be retarded....and that first stack is nothing....we don't even notice it.

You noob...you can time it so commanding death and the beam doesn't hit all the same time to stagger it:P So 4 on each pad works if you just pay attention.
    Last edited by MajorAppleSauce; 5th April 2013 at 14:51.
    Strategos of Immortal Souls

Quote Originally Posted by MajorAppleSauce View Post
    I think someone is just mad. if you would read what i posted we've killed with within 6-7 minutes with just 12 ppl...dps is not an issue. Typically when its all said and done no one is dead at the end. You have like hardly an bombardment because we kill both projections .... so yeah there's a lot of control there if your not bad. Plus you don't have to have nearly the entire raid on range....its silly enough as it is, might as well let melee have some fun and be productive too as killing the projections does help.

Yes, i know what that means with the pads and getting 1 stack if 2 leave from the same spot....just don't be retarded....and that first stack is nothing....we don't even notice it.

You noob...you can time it so commanding death and the beam doesn't hit all the same time to stagger it:P So 4 on each pad works if you just pay attention.
    Its good to be a noob which instead of u "pro's" didnt know how enrage on Entity even looks like :>

From what I heard, with ur uber steady tactic it takes sometime up to 10 tries to kill Entity, and oftenly getting it enraged.
    Cripples gonna cripple

Its good to be a noob which instead of u "pro's" didnt know how enrage on Entity even looks like :>

From what I heard, with ur uber steady tactic it takes sometime up to 10 tries to kill Entity, and oftenly getting it enraged.
    ^ yep...definitely mad. Even 24 range on entity cannot always prevent people making mistakes and killing a pad 8) And its nice not having to resort to "all range" strat just to kill a boss, but to each their own. And nah, seldom do we fail because of enrage...the failure occurred long before that. You keep doing the all range thing....its cute.
    Last edited by MajorAppleSauce; 5th April 2013 at 15:48.
    Strategos of Immortal Souls

From what I understand about the Entity encounter it is initially designed so that you should be killing the upper projections as well as having groups down below.

So question is, if you are just grouping up and killing the Entity and ignoring the projections would this not be a semi exploit, kinda like Kiting Coppice or farming cloud?

It is clearly designed that you need to kill the projections isnt it?

Just saying, maybe they should add a trigger to the entity that if more then 16 are on him he gets harder or something.
    Last edited by Vaere; 5th April 2013 at 16:39.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast