Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pvp class

Default Pvp class

Hi all

Been away from the game for years and am coming back to give it a go. I already have a DT on another server but want to start fresh with a ranged damage dealer with a main focus on pvp.

I'm turn between the ToS, ranger and PoM.

Can anyone shed light on what each class currently does well in pvp?

Thanks in advance

Ranger is boring as ****, probably the worst class in AoC, it should just disappear or be changed completely.

ToS is good, but you need a decent team to back you up so you can exploit the potential of the class, so in PuG current situatin, you'll just get farmed.

So i would go for POM, it's got massive burst damages, bubbles to survive, awesome team support.

Ranger is very noob/newbie friendly and is also **** op class

PoM is nice class, also easy to be heal/bubble bot atleast if not anything else

ToS, good if your team supports you

Ignore the ranger - it has become too trite without the combos. ToS for total annihilation in PvP!
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Welcome back OP!

Ranger: meh ranged class, very boring nowadays without combos. That being said they excel in say open world pvp and sag because the majority of time it is very hard to find where you're shooting from quickly. Ranged knockback is also a very powerful CC, doesn't rely all too much on the team to excel.

Tos:Very fun class imo. Great AOE dps in pvp and a very different playstyle with the ability to use storm field or not. Pretty decent these days, a good player with gear will wreck pretty hard in minis. That being said I think Tos is probably one of the most team dependent class out there, the most team dependent being the HoX. Generally they have low survivability so with a good team to support the tos really shines.

PoM: Really powerful class these days,great burst damage and survivability with multiple bubbles(someone correct me if I am wrong). I've never had an 80 PoM so i can't comment on how engaging it is to play but most people enjoy it throughly. PoM will shine with a good team but it is not as dependent as some other classes.

GL Op, maybe I'll see you on tyranny :P
    Last edited by Usedtissue; 4th April 2013 at 12:04.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

I suggest you to ignore everything said about rangers in this thread. It's for sure a brilliant class if you know how to use it.

*Ranger is not supposed to be played like a demo, that's why funcom gave 9% permanent speed buff, instant aoe ccs and medium armor.

Take ranger if you would like to piss off other people, ToS if you think you are awesome player and PoM if you would like to (once) become winner of all minies and invincible monster
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

i would ignore comments about poms from ppl who dont play them as well.

In PvP its a different class than in PvE. PvE its awesomely powerful. In PvP it is not so much and clearly there has been some misinformation going around. PoMs simply do not dominate pvp until they are massivly geared and AA'd out like any class in the game at lvl 80.

Most actually do really horrible in pvp and are complete waste of space in mini's. A few do shine, but again, thats every class.

Actually good poms dominate mini games, one of strongest mini class i would say

Yep pom is pretty strong class, even as pvp lvl 5 you can do nicely

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast