Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PvE Brute Conq - 3 points of discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    Secondly, GODS. That's odd that it is lower. It might be because you spent a long time animating the 3 step HOFS 6 (pushing everything else lower), or it might be that you haven't feated out your Blessed Conquest bubble. It's not the bubble itself that does the damage, but the Improved Dancing Steel feat immediately before it which, at 5 points, makes your own attacks proc GODS.
    After everything you just said, I'd have to assume GoDS is because of the animation - because I do have Blessed Conquest feated.

It's too late for me to do anything else on this tonight (and my brain is fried cuz I'm dealing with parses and stats and numbers my brain doesn't like) so I'll post back on the rest after I've tried your suggestions.
    Conqueror Mairenne ~ Guardian Isabetha ~ Dark Templar Adayna
    Ranger Annalici ~ Barbarian Cailannah ~ Assassin Kaidha
    Necromancer Laylesi, Stirmatka ~ Demonologist Mavash ~ Herald of Xotli Nebithet
    Priest of Mitra Siracus ~ Tempest of Set Millah ~ Bear Shaman Yasuyin

I think Boesch meant Overcome the Odds, not Blessed Conquest.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

Quote Originally Posted by Ieronon View Post
    I think Boesch meant Overcome the Odds, not Blessed Conquest.
    You're right, I was thinking of the wrong side.

Overcome the Odds has the Improved Dancing Steel feat in its tree.

You're right, I was thinking of the wrong side.

Overcome the Odds has the Improved Dancing Steel feat in its tree.
    Either way I'm a dubble bubble so I'm covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Mairenne View Post
    Either way I'm a dubble bubble so I'm covered.
    So you're a double bubble baddie? (hands up anyone who did PvP and remembers that comment that got thrown at Conqs whenever someone died to them)

Third is the full overview of the rotation. Once you get rid of HOFS 6, you'll both immediately do higher DPS and find your 'filler' isn't basically consuming all your time. You should ideally be using the highest 3 ranks of Feint Attack (9, 8 and 7) whenever they are available. This is especially relevant if you feated them for the +25% damage which, IMO, is an outstanding choice. Again, HOFS 5 is for when there's nothing else to use or a mob stacks their shields heavily. I should just take a moment to say - it's still going to do plenty of damage, it's not total rubbish, but it's just not the optimal attack. It will always appear in a respectable position on a parse.
    Looking at the damage differences, I do use 9 and 8, but I'm curious why you suggest to use 3 ranks. Each rank only refreshes the cooldown of the debuff/wrack. And with HoFS on insta cooldown, It seems more beneficial to use that than rank 7 of FA.

I parsed again and yeah I can see HoFS 5 is better than 6 so making that switch too.

Last question then I think I'm solid. 3 feat points...where should they go?

Scourge
    Angel of Fury
    Improved Retaliation
    Volcanic Rage
    Heroic Call
    Improved Furious Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by Blindman-au View Post
    So you're a double bubble baddie? (hands up anyone who did PvP and remembers that comment that got thrown at Conqs whenever someone died to them)
    Pre-revamp you can just go with BC and not loose that much now the useless feats under OtO is useful so... not much choice. You either feat to improve gods procs or not, both with double bubble.

@Mairenne

Scourge
    Improved Retaliation
    Volcanic Rage
    Heroic Call

get these :P and I wonder how's your template so far without even Imp. Retalliation feated.

Indeed, brute pve template without improved retaliation fully feated is... wierd. Or brute dps. Which is wierd.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12