Thread: Solid Pestilence / Covenant of Arms

Default Solid Pestilence / Covenant of Arms

So a great DT helped me with my build but in this particular build there are 4 points into Solid Pestilence which grants Seal of Yog...the problem is the build also has Covenant of Arms feated and with this Covenant activated there is no use to having Seal of Yog as far as I can see. Does anyone understand why these two would be feated together? Is it because i need to shift between covenant of pestilence and covenant of arms depending on the context?

Thanks ahead of time for the help.

Pestilence is only realy usefull when youre very undergeared to give you some more mitigation.. other then that its trash unspec imo and go Arms all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Heroen View Post
    Pestilence is only realy usefull when youre very undergeared to give you some more mitigation.. other then that its trash unspec imo and go Arms all the time
    Yeah, that is what I've been running (Covenant of Arms, that is)...but is there any reason Solid Pestilence would be specced with Covenant of Arms?

Could it just be to fill up space to get to the next tier?

No there would be no reason at all to spec it not even as a filler.

Take Covenant of Invurnability (aka CoI) instead (gives you a crap load of protection).

I assume youre new to DT tanking ? In wich case youre prot gear wont be so awsome either so CoI will help you there aswell !

I think Ive used covenant of pest, maybe once or twice in a year or so. Its just not good enough compared to cov of arms. Only times ive used it if i had too much agro and needed to swap with a no so good tank.

Cov of arms or cov on invulnerability all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Harthorg View Post
    I think Ive used covenant of pest, maybe once or twice in a year or so. Its just not good enough compared to cov of arms. Only times ive used it if i had too much agro and needed to swap with a no so good tank.

Cov of arms or cov on invulnerability all the way.
    Yeah, CoP is pretty useless unless you want the extra armor for kiting something.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamVernia View Post
    Yeah, CoP is pretty useless unless you want the extra armor for kiting something.
    It's still useless unless your gear is really bad

It was useful on Gyas back in the day

Extra mitigation is not worth a penny if you can't take aggro. Better be able to off-tank at least for a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ju1ian View Post
    Does anyone understand why these two would be feated together?
    They shouldnt. Take advantage of multispec and use those points in pestilence somewhere else in your more DPSish CoA build.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela