Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Necro healing capacity!?

Quote Originally Posted by Herath13 View Post
    Oh, I'm not surprised by anything you post about trying to make necro ridiculous like DT and conq are.
    then i invite you to post your own views how to fix necromancer mind dumbing amount of broken feats and spells instead of wasting time posting how awfull my views are :>

i for one wellcome any logical debate and input from anyone playing necromancer class with desire to improve class and balace its broken features
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

btw when i started doing w1 we staked 2 necros with life stealers for yaremka main tank group :>
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Herath13 View Post
    Sounds like everything else he says, crap. He want necro to be highest DPS and viable healer class? Awesome.
    Unlike a ToS ?

Quote Originally Posted by Likkal View Post
    Unlike a ToS ?
    lol if you think ToS is anywhere near highest DPS class in game.

It would be great if every class could bring something to tanking, healing and dpsing... but not at the same time.

Of course soldiers would be the best at tanking, priests at healing and dps at dpsing - but after changing the build they could add some healing or aggro management to the table. For flavour and easier balancing of parties.

Some classes work that way already (partly), which makes other feel boring or underpowered.

Would love to see them incorporate something from coolest class concept ever is the Chloromancer from the poo game Rift. For that class, your cast a debuff on a target that lasts say 20 sec, then all damage that hits it procs a small amount of healing (so everyone helps heal themselves a little) and the Chloro's 'life' damage spells that hit the debuffed target produce aoe heals centered around the target, not the healer. DoT's become HoT's, nukes become big heals. Cool concept, bad game, but cool concept.

of course your dps would have to be lowered drastically and you would be a support build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

I'm pretty sure the OP was looking for pvp answer. Thanks for all the pve replies though.

Pets are bad for pvp, and small amount of healing they do is worthless compared to a dts8 necro. And by healing, I mean self heal due to lifestrike and motd as someone else pointed out. He's not healing his team.

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the OP was looking for pvp answer. Thanks for all the pve replies though.

Pets are bad for pvp, and small amount of healing they do is worthless compared to a dts8 necro. And by healing, I mean self heal due to lifestrike and motd as someone else pointed out. He's not healing his team.
    yeah I have to agree. I noticed this pretty much right away when I tried pets in pvp. Guys laughed at me cause I would be casting MotD on everything, pets, totems, soldiers, lol.... Anything I could to get that counter to 10 and stay there and get as many heal returns back as possible, that and I fully feated lifestrike and kept that thing on cool down. It was the only way I could survive in culture gear LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

when you say pvp you mean minigames there absolutly pets arent eficient at all mainly because pets will die too oftenly and you wont be able to burst down enemies fast enough without 7-8dts stacks.

now for duels they are highly eficient especialy 3 reapers+2 lifestealers or just 2 blood arcanists
    combined with general of the dead timed right you will deal extra dps while your oponent tries to kill pets and make them immortal while deathlord lasts and if your oponent decides to kill them no rest for the dead will bring them up eficiently. and if enemy doesnt try and go on them and focus you, your pets will heal you up quite nicely especialy blood arcanists while nuking oponent even he manages to cc you.

something revolving a build like this
    http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v5_1291...48ea1443814a79
    or this
    http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v5_1291...48ea1443814a79

it stands as another example how stupid feats are distributed given to use blood arcanists to begin with you need to go deep in reanimation to get master of the dead and its not possible to max out devourer and gloutunous reapers in same build for reapers increase dps&heals

Quote Originally Posted by Xenic View Post
    Would love to see them incorporate something from coolest class concept ever is the Chloromancer from the poo game Rift. For that class, your cast a debuff on a target that lasts say 20 sec, then all damage that hits it procs a small amount of healing (so everyone helps heal themselves a little) and the Chloro's 'life' damage spells that hit the debuffed target produce aoe heals centered around the target, not the healer. DoT's become HoT's, nukes become big heals. Cool concept, bad game, but cool concept.

of course your dps would have to be lowered drastically and you would be a support build.
    would be nice to have some vampire like curse added to game play turning some % of damage enemy deals in health return for necro/an or team.

without doubt necro revamp will be hardest one to balance out to not creat a monster op class while delivering on fixing feats and repositioning them

ps: the motd stacks only afect dot damage heal ticks are fixed amounts determined by points invested only crit rating seems to afect ticks to make them crit more often
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

the only pets worth it are bombs, but that's situational. But you gotta love it when you see bombs out and general of the dead out at the same time

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast