Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T3 craft shield vs T4

Default T3 craft shield vs T4

Hi, im wondering which one is better in your opinion for tanking ofc. the T3 craft Mirror of Shadow or T4 DT shield Patronage of the Four Fiends. Would be nice if someone who already used both of them will tell something. I know the T4 got 70 const and a bit more combat rating but the T3 craft got about 30 crit rating more with crit gem in. Waiting for your opinions.

You cannot slot a crit gem in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwartisan View Post
    You cannot slot a crit gem in it.
    This, so it becomes a nice protection shield actually. T4 is more dps and health, though, plus hit rating which sucks on DTs if you're running with an Ibis.

So if i can't put crit gem in it the decission for me is known ^^ Thx. Im just wondering how could i miss it

Quote Originally Posted by Algouti View Post
    So if i can't put crit gem in it the decission for me is known ^^ Thx. Im just wondering how could i miss it
    All you can do is put dps gems (combat rating or magic damage) and a prot gem in there really. It's still a good shield, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    T3 crafted shields are good for one thing, and one thing only - protection, the only one I'd consider with T4 being available is the Waning Boundary tbh.
    I went with the Waning Boundary for the protection and it still has 40 crit rating on it. You can get the shield from Amp and even the blue shield from Yag is pretty good for general tanking and damage until you get your hands on the T4 shield.

What gems for Waning Boundary? (for DT ofc)

Depends of your needs and how and where you can want to use it, but most standard is:
    - white: prot
    - blue & yellow: magic dmg
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    Depends of your needs and how and where you can want to use it, but most standard is:
    - white: prot
    - blue & yellow: magic dmg
    This, but there are blue and yellow protection gems too. One will cover fire, cold, and electric (blue), but I don't think one gem covers both holy and unholy.

Jasper Bead can :P

+12 Magic Damage (priest/unholy for DT)
    +10 Holy/Unholy Protection
    +60 Mana
    +1.4 Natural Mana Regen

Personally I'd get a Canary Diamond of the sins for proc chance that can crit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast