Thread: New player need help

Red face New player need help

Hi people,just few questions need help.
    1.how long does it takes to fit all aa tree?

2.how long does it takes to get to the end of aa tree? Cuz I'm playing dt, and people told me with out vow, dt is just a joke....

3.is it also very large different between with aa and without aa in Bear shaman? What class can also be good without aa?

4. Is it worst to stay at 39 59 for mini games? I found many people are playing those levels mini game.

5. I wanna know what should I do in 80 to get close the gap between new and old player in more efficient way... Its nearly impossible to get into a t0 t1 group caz every one in global chat was calling for bla bla bla HM LFM...and will I get inv if I only have pvp t1 gear? So far I only know farming quest in china town(khita) for the rank to get pve set, are those gear also good in pvp for bs and dt?
    Thanks a lot !
    Sorry for my poor english

For question 5 . Will I get inv to t2 group if I only have pvp t1 gear?

You don't need to fill the entire tree to get to many of the particular feats you want ~ there's a good guide here: [MASSIVELY] - that should help you understand better

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    You don't need to fill the entire tree to get to many of the particular feats you want ~ there's a good guide here: [MASSIVELY] - that should help you understand better

That's very helpful,, seems my dt got 1 point waste lol, but thanks anyway, is that means I only need to fit in 4 abilities in full 5 stars from master, 2 abilities in full of 5 stars from expertise and also 4 in full of 5 stars abilities from process to get third level of the aa tree?such as dt 's Void of madness.

If you hover your mouse point over a feat like Void of Madness in the AA tree, it will tell you how many points you need to have spent earlier in the tree before you can start training that ability. You can spread those points across as many feats as you want. Since the more points you put in one feat, the more-expensive it gets, the fastest way to get to a deep feat (like VoM) is to just take the first point or two in a bunch of different feats (although I recommend at least putting those points in feats that you will use someday; see your class's forums for tips on which those are).
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Don't stress out to much about AA to be honest, it just fills out on the long term, you're not meant to fill the entire tree in 1 month anyways.

About DT, it's true that Void of Madness changes things but not as much as most people would think, so get it as soon as possible sure, but don't consider DT a crippled class without that one feat.
    I'd even add, learn to play the class without VoM, so once you get it you won't be like the horde of OProllers relying on that one trick only to do everything for them.

About BS, you will need steadfast faith for several specific instances in hard mode, but apart from that you don't need any AA at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bslsb View Post
    Hi people,just few questions need help.
    1.how long does it takes to fit all aa tree?
    I "dinged" full AAs on my main about a month ago (so 2 and half year maybe), but note, that he was getting AAs only via offline training for the last year or such .. some ppl got it after a year (of grind) maybe, but then again, you don´t need full AAs, as there´s a lot of stuff you won´t touch.. ever.

2.how long does it takes to get to the end of aa tree? Cuz I'm playing dt, and people told me with out vow, dt is just a joke....
    Once at lvl 80, it gets pretty fast, actually. You need to spend 5 ranks in general AA tree to get to the archetype tree (so you can spend in one of the each protection wards - 1 mastery point each for rank 1, for example), then another 5 in archetype AA tree to get to the class tree (again, choose some 1 point perks x5 for the fastest route) and once you´re there, you can set your offline training to your desired class perk (VoM in this case) and buy it later with your AA points for the (by offline training) lowered amount of points.
    To reach the class AAs, you need to ding mastery/prowess only 4 times (for 12 points in total), or even only 3 times, if you´ll go to Gateway to Khitai and do those 2 low level quest chains each rewarding 1 expertise point pot. There are several quests with similar rewards (1,3, even 10 expertise points pot) later in the game.

3.is it also very large different between with aa and without aa in Bear shaman? What class can also be good without aa?
    Dunno about BS, but mages are probably the least depending on perks, since their "archetype debuff removal perk" is not that crucial (as those of rogues or healers) and can be mostly substitued by other classes if needed. Their class specific perks are always handy, but not that much needed as VoM for DT.

4. Is it worst to stay at 39 59 for mini games? I found many people are playing those levels mini game.
    Depends on your server, I guess there´s some lowbie PvP action on Fury, dunno about the rest.

5. I wanna know what should I do in 80 to get close the gap between new and old player in more efficient way... Its nearly impossible to get into a t0 t1 group caz every one in global chat was calling for bla bla bla HM LFM...and will I get inv if I only have pvp t1 gear? So far I only know farming quest in china town(khita) for the rank to get pve set, are those gear also good in pvp for bs and dt?
    Thanks a lot !
    Sorry for my poor english
    Once you ding lvl 80, get rid off your lvl 60-70ish gear, in most cases level 80 blue crafted gear with appropriate gems is superior to the majority of gear you´ve had before, so check it, compare it and choose the best one. It´s also cheap as hell, mostly only few silver per piece. Also check the trader and buy lvl 80 crafted rings and necks for your class, they are surprisingly good stats wise.
    If you´ve got some lvl 80 gear from old world dungeons, good, if not, don´t worry, it would get replaced soon anyway

With this kind of decent lvl 80 gear you can start doing T1 raids, remember that it´s 5 years old content for lvl 75+, so you don´t need any imba gear and AAs at all. If you´re in a guild where ppl are doing Khitai (and other) HMs, ask them if they can leave you some blue gear (that´s always trashed anyway) once they get their shiny epics from the HM. This gear can be on par with T1 or even T2 gear, so don´t be shy to ask. You can also buy blue faction gear for those rank I-III dungeon tokens, except for this and mastery pots, they don´t have any other use afaik.

Once you´ve got some solid mix of T1 stuff and "new world" blues, you might wanna try T2 raids (starting with the easiest Wing 1) and Khitai normal modes, maybe some easy HMs as well (depends on the group and their will to help/sometimes carry you). For the difficulty levels of various dungeons, check this guide:

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=181203

Just remember, that as a tank you´ll always need slightly better gear than some DPS or heal class, because you´re the one getting spanked

gl&hf
    Last edited by Argantes; 2nd April 2013 at 08:26.

Most AA don't make much difference, only a handful are real improvements. And that is after you hit 80, because earlier it's very hard to get anything.

Maybe let's list what you really would want to have:

DT:

- Resolve to remove nasty debuffs in some dungeons
    - VoM to boost your dps (which results in higher aggro and taps)
    - Pressing Strikes to reduce missed hits in 80+ content
    - Decisive Strikes to increase your chance to proc VoM
    - maxed protections for PvP and for a few magical bosses

To make VoM reliable you will need a specific build (with lots of procs that can crit) and specific gear (~15% crit chance).

This you can get in like 2-3 months if you're not slacking too much. Farming this in KK will probalby take only a few weeks.

Before you get VoM and good gear you can easily off-tank (ds/tali) and dps (full tali) if we're talking PvE.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

BS:

- Steadfast Faith to remove nasty debuffs in some dungeons
    - Sleuth of Bears for some "oh ****!" healing
    - Pressing Strikes (all classes need this)
    - maxed protections for PvP and high-end PvE

On top of that you may want Empowered Mending for big heal crits, reduction to the self-heal debuff, Decisive Strikes and Vision of Sky for dps boost.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course there are ton of useful perks or small improvments... but they're small imporovements You can take your time getting them.
    Last edited by Misiuggah; 2nd April 2013 at 09:06.

Thanks all of u for sharing these informations ), I think I know what to do now.