Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The zodiac script

Quote Originally Posted by Marlekin View Post
    We also use only a script for the 12-player pictures.

For the 6-man pictures, we assign 6 players a number 1-6 each.

They recognize their position when the new 6-player pic appears by looking at it.

The rule is
    - by column, from left to right, is number 1 to 6.
    - if there are two dots in one column, the upper one is the lower number

This method has small learning curve for players new to the 6-man-group, but a 3 minute explanation and practice prior to the try is sufficient.
    This method is very flexible:
    - once a player got it, the player can do any number
    - people do not have to rely on memory
    - people do not have to look up their place during a try in a script
    - if someone of the 6-group dies, you can instantly assign a number to any other trained player.

This week we had an occasion where 4 members of the gold group died in the same moment from the meteor (fourth boss already spawned), about 10 seconds before the next 6player picture appeared. I assigned 4 replacement numbers to four other players, who on spot put down the next 6p picture in time!
    Very nice to see this good quick reaction.

Note: The alternative method of assigning numbers is by rows instead of columns (and left to right within one row). This works as well, but if you primarily choose by columns, the players can run to the vicinity of their position in advance. Thus they have a shorter distances to go when the picture appears.
    Thanks for that column system. I think that is going to help a lot
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

Muso's script gets bugged on nVidia cards after some latest driver patch. So if u wanna use it try to download some older driver version.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

I find printed version (or on second monitor) of XLegion images for Zodiac times better than any ingame script.

Golden constelation

Spawning group #1
    Spawning group #2
    Spawning group #3
    Last edited by nedbee; 16th April 2013 at 07:55.
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

just the fact of being a FLASH script, it will bring problems by itself because with graphic stuff implemented, its normal there's issues now and in future. just look at the "lag" caused when opening the new feat window, not graphic but still, its flash, and the game was not design (2008 wise) to use flash like TSW uses today...game understand flash as add-in and not as core stuff (the difference is huge and fixes might give more problem than solutions)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoskult View Post
    yes, don't use flash script.
    lol...

Quote Originally Posted by nedbee View Post
    better than any ingame script.
    I disagree
    ◄ Shahir ● AssassinGuild Destiny on CromStonerune UIRaid Loot Tables
    Account cancelled - waiting for new raid content to defeat.

Stonerune : "Great UI for the most part, the only major drawback is that the author is an asshat."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12