Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The zodiac script

Default The zodiac script

Getting weird graphic glitches when i use the zodiac flash script. Any way to fix it?
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

yes, don't use flash script.

What does a flash script do? We just use a regular text one and its fine.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoskult View Post
    yes, don't use flash script.
    Helpful as usual. Thank you for that.
    My main alts:
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion

Only one nice thing in this flash script is 12 man. Or would be if it would not require another one for list what takes away half its purpose. But because it not use much screen space it may be useful.

When comes to 6 man - it is not. Because it does not use any easy to spot pattern to assign numbers. So you need to remember all your spots on 6 from 8 small constellations what takes away reason to use any kind of script beside list. Only with 1st animal you can have 2 dedicated setups. With every next you can get constellation from previous ones, so you need to remember your possitions or you will may be late if you will be searching through all animalas to check what pattern and how you have to do. Bleh.

When comes to tank part. Is script for script only. You don't need so much space and fancy icon to write down: Spider/Quilin clockwise. Kappa/Tiger counter.

So, yeah. CK was 100% right.

And free tip: when you ask for help is nice manner to say what kind of glitches you have and what script cause it
    Last edited by bogus; 2nd April 2013 at 15:13.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Thanks. Well we are just knocking on Zodiac door and are trying to get a grip on how it works. The script we found seemed (for some) to cause graphical artifacts since it uses flash.

Seemed to be a nice thing since you just put your assigned number in there and it shows your spot in the puzzle.

But maybe, as with many short cuts, it ends up not really working i guess. We will just have to learn it from scratch, as we have done with all the other fights.

Pays off in the end.
    My main alts:

Shameless self promotion

We run a non-flash based script in both our T4 raids. The key is the 6-man script and most of the 6-man'ers just end up memorizing the patterns since we use the same people each time..

We also do the animals in a different order so the flash based doesn't help us.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

A regular 6 man puzzle person does not need a script.

You recoginize patterns quickly and move to your spot quickly.

Just assign pts 1-6 for your guys and they will learn it.

If you are new to the fight, obviously it will take a bit, but people have to learn to recognize patterns quickly and react asap.

Quote Originally Posted by tman1991 View Post
    most of the 6-man'ers just end up memorizing the patterns since we use the same people each time..
    That works until your 6 people complain that they always have to do 6 man puzzles and want to do something else. I can't blame them for that, so we try to rotate a bit. Because of that there's always at least one person in our raids who needs a script. I myself do different spots on 6 man puzzles and I don't know every position of every puzzle by heart, so I use a script as well.

@OP: Sorry, I don't know about any zodiac flash script so I can't help you.
    Defon (Guard)
    Nejoo (Guard) Areana (DT) Willamus (Conq)
    Ichkruchka (Demo) Defina (Necro) Defhid (HoX)
    Sagittaa (Ranger) Phaictan (Sin) Alunn (Barb)
    Defure (BS) Deforia (PoM) Nutiaret (ToS)

We also use only a script for the 12-player pictures.

For the 6-man pictures, we assign 6 players a number 1-6 each.

They recognize their position when the new 6-player pic appears by looking at it.

The rule is
    - by column, from left to right, is number 1 to 6.
    - if there are two dots in one column, the upper one is the lower number

This method has small learning curve for players new to the 6-man-group, but a 3 minute explanation and practice prior to the try is sufficient.
    This method is very flexible:
    - once a player got it, the player can do any number
    - people do not have to rely on memory
    - people do not have to look up their place during a try in a script
    - if someone of the 6-group dies, you can instantly assign a number to any other trained player.

This week we had an occasion where 4 members of the gold group died in the same moment from the meteor (fourth boss already spawned), about 10 seconds before the next 6player picture appeared. I assigned 4 replacement numbers to four other players, who on spot put down the next 6p picture in time!
    Very nice to see this good quick reaction.

Note: The alternative method of assigning numbers is by rows instead of columns (and left to right within one row). This works as well, but if you primarily choose by columns, the players can run to the vicinity of their position in advance. Thus they have a shorter distances to go when the picture appears.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast