Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bioshock infinite

Default bioshock infinite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wq5KHPYWWY
    bioshock infinite just came out, currently got a 96/100 meta rank on metacritic for PC...anyone gonna take a brake from aoc for a few hours and gonna try it out?

Played about 3-4 hours and all I can say is....Nothing special...decent shooter and that is all.
    Artreborn - HoX FOREVER!!!
    PvP 6 - 8k+ Kills/2.5k+ deaths, Suicide Style!

Huge let down for me. I waited something similar like BS1 and 2 for story/gameplay wise.
    Uninteresting enemies and combat. (They moved to CoD style combat). Combat is about camp behind column and move around it and shoot almost endless enemies with your rifle using your iron sight. Vigors (New plasmids) are uninteresting because you cannot do anything special with them (Like in older games you put electricity on water and you grill enemies who stand there). They are little help, but you don't change game with them. Loved plasmids in BS1 and 2.

Game is missing all that immersion and atmosphere what made Bioshock. Currently played 12h

I think that 96/100 is too much, "professional" critics are just hyped because of the game name. Nothing more. Game is too much run gun without tactics

Don't get me wrong, game is still very fun, but that fun does not last long in one game session. I played whole bioshock 2 first time on hard without keeping any breaks. Game was so compelling. Now with this title i play 1-2h and then keep huge break .
    Longevity does not last long, about 2 times and you have seen all tactics you can have.
    Last edited by darknessjw; 29th March 2013 at 08:00. Reason: for easier to read

I've bought it only because it was sold in bundle with Mafia 2 and XCOM reboot for 25EUR

I'll probably check it out today since I haven't played such a "hit" since a long time

Here's a nice read for those who are at least 20min into the game (otherwise you'll spoil the opening): http://www.theastronauts.com/2013/03...hock-infinite/

It's about game design overall - even if you didn't play the game yet, scroll to the middle to see the gamer OCD pic

That OCD pic is just what i do ^^

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    That OCD pic is just what i do ^^
    Especially the "crap, this is the correct way!" part

I do that **** all the time (I don't even notice it anymore), but I hate it.

I want to read the whole text, so I'll have to play the opening today

Got it with ati 7950 card bundle along with Crysis 3. Cry 3 is bollocks .. utter bollocks.

BSI is not bad .. not 95 score for sure, more 75-80. Not as good as 1st one, haven't played 2nd tho.

If you want to enjoy BSI you have to play it on Hard. Medium is like easy on other shooters, Hard is decently challenging. Is not easy to compare 1st and this game, BS1 had the dark and twisted spliced up loonies and ofc Big Daddy and those freakly little Sisters, this one is about the place and the time instead of a personal revenge thing.
    Last edited by Invino; 29th March 2013 at 10:07.

Just finished game on hard. 17h. Length was nice because 1 and 2 were about same together

I started to like story after playing about 10h

Too bad combat is just not fun/"Bioshockish". But i like the ending, even when it was total mindf@ck

I would give 7.5/10

Pros

- Old Bioshock references
    - Nice story at half/end, its strange but also well... mindf@ck
    - Nice art
    - Touching ending

Cons

- Combat is aimed for masses and not fans of previous titles
    - Sometimes it get boring when nothing really happens, you run for hours in city finding silver coins
    - Boring story at start

But, off i go now to start Bioshock marathon from the beginning
    Last edited by darknessjw; 29th March 2013 at 13:27.

anybody got anything to say about the themes? its very different to what aoc is, infinite is a story, like a book no matter how many times you read it, ull read the same thing, each character says his line once, theres basically no interactive interface. So all the combat that happens is basically eye candy shadowing what this game is all about. this game questions american history during the 1900s, notably religion, exeptionalism, racism. what do u guys think of a hyped game that actually explores themes that are more commonly found in literature or movies.
    Last edited by barbaricwildcat2; 30th March 2013 at 02:26.

Finished it yesterday - 13h of struggle with gamer OCD and curiosity for the plot and Elizabeth's screams for help.

I checked every ****ing corner and trashcan in this game and still found like 80% of all upgrades, records and that tourist-crap. I didn't get any achievement, so it was mostly wasted time.

The story is great: adult, complex and open to interpretations... but I don't understand the whole hype - the gameplay is dumber than first Bioshock (which was dumber than SS2). I expected something more than Quake 1

The game consits solely of combat and watching scripted stuff. Combat is primitive and the difficulty is uneven - most stuff is trivial (one fireball), while handymen and ghost are ridiculous.

If I would recommend this game to anybody, it would be only for the story - the gameplay is a complete disaster. But for me it's enough to play the game

The story deals with some nasty stuff from USA's history, but it's still American history - I can read it up in Wikipedia, but I doubt I have the same perception.

One thing that doesn't stop to amaze me is how American popculture oozes with their history. My hometown is almost 2 times older than USA (my country is much older), yet we don't make such big games based on our history.
    Last edited by Misiuggah; 2nd April 2013 at 10:30.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast