Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The State of the Game.

Though I wouldn't deny ANY of the above; it's still doesn't take away from the fact that its a great MMO

None of those points speak to the game itself

"State of FUNCOM" maybe ...

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    thanks for getting this thread locked guys.

Honestly - if posts can continue to give player observation of the game like they have been, I'd love to see where this thread goes.

Keep in mind, any personal attacks on Funcom, its staff, or the community, or any real full on flaming/trolling is never allowed.

I'm not saying you have to be 100% satisfied in order to post, but you have to be respectful in how you share your thoughts of the Age of Conan game.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

All I can say, personally, is that I enjoy the game and its content. Sure bigger population would be fine for the future of this game,but I don't find I need,personally, more players to make the game more enjoyable to me.
    I'm not giving it a 5 because AoC will likely not outlast WoW; it's just a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lednail View Post

Funcom has:
    no money (stock price nose dive, in debt from The Secret World)
    no employees (laid off)
    no projects (except lego MMO LOL)
    no players (<1000 Set)
    no income
    no future
    no hope

Funcom is not a AAA game developer. It's downsizing means that it's on the level of a tablet/mobile games studio. It doesn't have the manpower or know-how to develop for Age of Conan anymore. Age of Conan will be left to slide slowly into oblivion, while its diminishing playerbase get milked for all they have right up until the very end.
    I love this game and have been a paying customer from early access and will be to the next year at least but i'm afraid this is how it is. What makes me think so is that the crashing on nvidia's 600-series hasn't been fixed IN A YEAR. Sure you might think that's just one bug and there are others in the game that have lived on but as this particular bug is somewhat preventing people with keplers of playing the game there is nothing to compare. I'm sure people with other cards are tired of wiping the raids and other things because the ones that have 600-series crash and so on. So if they don't fix a problem like that it just shows that they are letting the game to slowly rot. With this bug and few others fixed the game would be at least 4. It was never going to compete with wow anyway because it's different from wow. I had my 3,5 years of wow before this game was launched and i never logged back to wow after this game was launched In a working state it is just that good.

So sad a tragedy really. This game is like a flower trying to bloom then corporate arrogance,lack of vision, and greed have stomped it to death. I cry.

The game is what it is period.

Will it grow a bit yes and then dip again, it's soooooo very common in video games.

The how many ever 100's seen online mostly enjoy the game and each others company ( thus making it a niche game )

Will it hit wow numbers lmfao no prolly no mmo ever will they were the begging but even their numbers Wow that bus Are on a decline. Overall this game is gret for what it is ( yes it has glitches and a few coding prob but.......) my advice pure and simple enjoy it for what it is or simply find something that suits your taste. No of fence but this topic has been rehashed since 2008 and is boring and a pointless waste of time. I mentioned no names, guilds and use no profanity so hopefully not another infraction for speaking my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    So sad a tragedy really. This game is like a flower trying to bloom then corporate arrogance,lack of vision, and greed have stomped it to death. I cry.
    This type of post makes me want to punch babies

This attempt to start one of HUNDREDS of similar threads that have been shut-down on the archived forums is annoying ~ what ever happened to what KINGNIT (Posey) said about keeping it positive - suggestion threads are open - POST THERE ~ let the GD tell us what the state of the game is!

Lets see some posts about best times in a Raid, the dirt on new Guilds and the friends you've made, cool new purples you picked up, the money you're making in-game, whatcha' buy with that money, etc. I could go on ...

But this doom and gloom nonsense ... Yeeeuugghhhh !
    Last edited by Mustaine; 29th March 2013 at 00:52.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post

This attempt to start one of HUNDREDS of similar threads that have been shut-down on the archived forums is annoying ~ what ever happened to what KINGNIT (Posey) said about keeping it positive - suggestion threads are open - POST THERE ~ let the GD tell us what the state of the game is!

Lets see some posts about best times in a Raid, the dirt on new Guilds and the friends you've made, cool new purples you picked up, the money you're making in-game, whatcha' buy with that money, etc. I could go on ...

I wholeheartedly agree.
    These threads serves absolutely no purpose. Close it please.
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

~ let the GD tell us what the state of the game is!
    it sounds like he has his hands full with TSW

I completly agree aswell.

I don't see the point of these threads. Personnaly, i don't give a damn about the future of this game. As long as when i log i have fun i'm happy. But those doom & gloom threads are demoralizing and it's a contagious state of mind.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast