Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Joel Bylos why have you forsaken me?

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post
    Guys hold on. We should be getting the monthly Game Director's Letter soon, we've had two Community Updates from Tarib this month, the 4.0.2 patch got put back in, and Joel has had a few interviews on Massively, PC Gamer, etc. He's not ignoring this game.

Imagine yourself - one day you have a single child to care for. Just you and this one kid. And then within a matter of weeks, the child morphs into triplets that all require your attention or they'll scream and cry that they're starving to death...which isn't really true.
    this is why I am not holding Joel responsible for the failure to deliver and stop the bleeding of the players. we have waited years- long before Joel. Craig and Joel both have bosses, what are they doing?

how many monthly and weekly update must we endure without seeing results.. and it's always a litany of excuses. Now it's because they are moving to NC. meanwhile. we asked to keep paying money to access most game content.

I guess I should have clarified my responses. I feel the neglect that everyone else does. I've been here off and on since launch too. My point was simply that there's a lot more to the big picture that is limiting how quickly the new staff is going to right the ship.

And from a pvp point of view, don't expect tons. That's not what pays the bills. Sure we all think it does, but facts are facts... the pve guys who pvp have no problem with the current state. The pvp guys who pvp are all playing something else LOL.

So if we get another mini map, I would consider that a win IMO. Any open world or open zone pvp is a waste because the game doesn't have the population to support it any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenic View Post
    I guess I should have clarified my responses. I feel the neglect that everyone else does. I've been here off and on since launch too. My point was simply that there's a lot more to the big picture that is limiting how quickly the new staff is going to right the ship.

And from a pvp point of view, don't expect tons. That's not what pays the bills. Sure we all think it does, but facts are facts... the pve guys who pvp have no problem with the current state. The pvp guys who pvp are all playing something else LOL.

So if we get another mini map, I would consider that a win IMO. Any open world or open zone pvp is a waste because the game doesn't have the population to support it any more.
    Right, so the box sales that sold on the combat system/PVP didn't pay the bills. Maybe if things weren't neglected in to oblivion, they'd have a LOT more cash to use for development. PVP WOULD have paid the bills if Craig hadn't f'd the game in the a

It's been a long time, but it's not too late to turn things around in that regard and make an impact in the market with a relaunch. I know, "It's been said before", but in light of a new GD, and a new conan movie that's NOT Mamoa, AND steam... they just need to play their cards right and cater a bit more to those types that previous attempts have left out in the cold.
    Last edited by Azmith; 28th March 2013 at 18:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmith View Post
    Right, so the box sales that sold on the combat system/PVP didn't pay the bills. Maybe if things weren't neglected in to oblivion, they'd have a LOT more cash to use for development. PVP WOULD have paid the bills if Craig hadn't f'd the game in the a

It's been a long time, but it's not too late to turn things around in that regard and make an impact in the market with a relaunch. I know, "It's been said before", but in light of a new GD, and a new conan movie that's NOT Mamoa, AND steam... they just need to play their cards right and cater a bit more to those types that previous attempts have left out in the cold.
    but you are speaking in what WOULD have and what DOES. If this was 4 years ago, I would be banging the drum with you
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenic View Post
    but you are speaking in what WOULD have and what DOES. If this was 4 years ago, I would be banging the drum with you
    The point I'm trying to make, though, is that now is a great time to turn the ship around and get it back on the right course. There are roughly 5 major things that could be changed that would bring back old a new players alike, and I think I wrote a book about it in the Player vs Player thread. Go have a look brother.

Azmith for assistant GD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    Yes, because it's so comparable, a game with a few thousand players vs. a software provider with hundreds of millions of users.
    The attitude is the same. A GD is not your personal Jeannie to come forth every time you snap with your fingers.

Everyone who is paying even the least bit of attention knows that the new team has not completely been formed yet and that Issue 6 content of TSW has not been fully deployed on the liveservers yet (still missing one lair raid)

Expect to see things speeding up for AOC after this which would be next month. Crafting revamp is a huge project and unfortunately the guy who did the majority on it is no longer with the team (as far as I know).

Joel has been in the reigns for a months now. He seems to be a pretty dedicated guy who does a tremendous job. However, he can`t do magic. So chill a bit.

Give the man a CHANCE! I mean SERIOUSLY, he's been on the job for a few WEEKS now and people are just screaming already.

Craig is gone and Joel not only needs to maintain 3 THREE HUGE big box MMOs BUT also needs to figure out logistics to move his entire team a thousand miles to North Carolina under an EXTREMELY tight-funcom-is-poor budget.

Just cool off guys, let him give his bit during the dev monthly newsletter.

well one could say that previous guy at least got us monthly letters on time.

UNLESS JEEEYBEEE wants to give us the letter along with fresh TL crafting update it's a bit of a downer that there is no letter today.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    well one could say that previous guy at least got us monthly letters on time.

UNLESS JEEEYBEEE wants to give us the letter along with fresh TL crafting update it's a bit of a downer that there is no letter today.
    Miss Craig now. At least he lied on time.

yeah, I was expecting something by days end... doesn't seem like it now.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast