Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AoC really needs an up to date promotional video

Default AoC really needs an up to date promotional video

I'm still a fairly new player, so all I found on youtube is stuff from 2008, in bad resolution, showing outdated version of AoC graphics.

yes there are some cool trailers of areas, but what do you really learn about what you can do in game?

Where is a new kickass video, showing off sieges, guild city building and decoration, pets, mounts, siege mounts, swimming and underwater tasks, the upcoming new crafting, gathering, several leveling areas, dungeons..?

it's time for a new promo video with bullet points of all features showcasing all the game has to offer!
    Last edited by Manilavanilla; 26th March 2013 at 23:55.

funcom is just dumb when it comes down to promo

theres some things in business that this company simply doesnt understand

FADE IN

Mountains of Cimmeria

[soaring vocals in background]

Nude female HoX decapitates a Vanir.

FADE OUT

Profit.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

FC ought to get some freelancers doing promos.

This is one of Henry's; a favorite of mine
    http://www.youtube.com/user/henryabccba

Well yeah it does. But what can we promote except graphics and they are getting dated too.
    Graphics were always advantage over other games, its not true anymore.

We cannot promote PvP because its gone
    We cannot promote PvE because they need to play few years before they can "touch" to things on video

Combat system is nothing special in these days. It is dumbed down and many classes work like in other normal MMOs

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    Well yeah it does. But what can we promote except graphics and they are getting dated too.
    Graphics were always advantage over other games, its not true anymore.

We cannot promote PvP because its gone
    We cannot promote PvE because they need to play few years before they can "touch" to things on video

Combat system is nothing special in these days. It is dumbed down and many classes work like in other normal MMOs
    C'mon, we're talking about promotion - not showing what you can actually do in the game!

There are great fan-made videos, but we're missing a good video that will run on Steam product page. Hell, Steam's AoC doesn't even have an icon!

Think the best promotional video is company sponsored fan made ones. If only they'd be popular enough for the gaming front page on youtube.

I think this is the most recent general AoC trailer. It's 2 years old.

And there was the Dragon's Spine trailer but it was directed more at current players.

But what probably needs to be done is a trailer that shows some gameplay and lists features etc. and which has some special offers linked to it.
    Subbed July 2008 - Try THIS MACHINE AGE a blog for new and casual players of Age of Conan

Talked to some people who only know AoC´s name but have no clue what amazing amount of cool features is in this game.

I would really like a new trailer highlighting some of the more underrepresented features almost no "outsider" knows about

- guild city building and decoration (search it in Youtube, all is coming up is old fanmade unprofessional stuff - nothing from FC except an old low-res interview from 2008
    - vanity tab (never shown in a trailer, right?)
    - fatalities (some videos, at least seen in the Unchained trailer)
    - sieges (no trailer material I´ve seen)
    - mounts and combat mounts
    - pets / combat pet "companions"
    - beautiful dynamic world in DX10/ day night cycles, animals running away from you and hunting each other (so cool)
    (Only seen in fanmade videos from HenryX)

- the (optional) Blood and Glory servers (No trailer)
    - the upcoming crafting system as it was outlined in a live stream
    (no trailer, just interview livestream)
    - show swimming and diving, doing things underwater.
    - alternative leveling zones, go everywhere you want! non linear leveling FTW - no faction lock of zones... (many think this game is linear, while it is NOT - which trailer ever told you, you can level in 4 different countries and travel around as you wish?)

I can safely say NO ONE I talked to recently about AoC knew all these features exist. Some said they will check it out, alone because of the dynamic world aspect, vanity tab and city building.

They could all stuff it into a nice 2 minute trailer and push it out to the media (and Steam)

Look at how they are doing it for SWTOR, for every meager feature they make a pompous trailer and twist it like it would be the second coming, while it´s just old recycled stuff AoC had five years ago.

Important: ***Start promoting version numbers!!!** Call it AoC 4.x Feature Trailer so everyone knows lots of things have changed since 1.0
    Last edited by Manilavanilla; 24th April 2013 at 10:22.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast