Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AoC really needs an up to date promotional video

Quote Originally Posted by ibrock View Post
    I think this is the most recent general AoC trailer. It's 2 years old.

And there was the Dragon's Spine trailer but it was directed more at current players.

But what probably needs to be done is a trailer that shows some gameplay and lists features etc. and which has some special offers linked to it.
    That was a cool video trailer! I hadn't seen that before and I play full-time. Did Funcom produce that or AOC fans?
    The Basilisk at 1:05, where is that!?! It looks like outdoor Paikang. It looks badass! BUT, if that outdoor playfield basilisk is not in the game, then it should not be in a promotional trailer.

Oh, and as far as making new trailers/promotional videos, it's a waste of resources if that trailer doesn't get "out there" for the masses to see.

Facebook may be a good out-reach source location. I'm friends with AOC and Funcom and have yet to see any FB updates. I would be flooding that free advertisement.

I don't think this is any good promotion but at least i was smiling in the end. (Not that it was about me being all happy ...well take a look and you'll see.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIvLKtV1fbU

Quote Originally Posted by Prima View Post
    FADE IN

Mountains of Cimmeria

[soaring vocals in background]

Nude female HoX decapitates a Vanir.

FADE OUT

Profit.
    This ^

No honestly, just by putting the game out on steam has increased the player base massively. Actually putting some money into advertising would help tons
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

But this is still the best promotional material i have seen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc

Quote Originally Posted by ibrock View Post
    I think this is the most recent general AoC trailer. It's 2 years old.
    I think this is one of the most misleading videos ever made for AoC.

Damn false marketing. They have animations for animal fatalities, why not in game.

I bet that trailer has some alpha version used on it cause it had better animations/effects than released one

This game as you all say need more promotion.

I make videos on Youtube.
    The main focus on my channel is Age of Conan.

The Goal with my videos of Conan is to let more people know about Age of Conan and also for current players to learn some basics of Dungeons.
    Alot of groups requires EXP/AA and i want to give them a glimpse of the EXP they need to do some of these Dungeons.
    I had a great time making the Conan series and i played the game all the way back since PvP Beta.

I have big big hopes for Joel and the Team.
    I think a fresh new "leader" over the team can bring some interesting ideas.

-Current Series-
    Age of Conan Tortage
    Age of Conan Adventure
    Age of Conan Dungeons
    Age of Conan Tutorials

Feel free to check my channel and content out and give feedback
    http://www.youtube.com/user/B4NTO

Cheers!
    /Banto

Well, i do play AoC from beginning. I am frustrated at the moment because of variuos reasons. But if i watch those trailers, especially the unchained one, i just feel to play aoc right now.

Tera got f2p a few weeks ago, there is so much advertising for that. AoC didnt even got half of that when going f2p back then.

It was a huge mistake from Funcom to not introduce a new Trailer or at least an extended one from unchained when releasing aoc on steam. Funcom is really great in making games and vids with fantastic atmosphere and music. But they lack to show that to ppl not knowning this. some trailers now and then and some ingame Vids on game mag pages and youtube linked with the latest interviews joel gave could have helped a lot..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12