Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HoXes on your server (PVP)

Default HoXes on your server (PVP)

I am interested about to knowing what do you think about how various HoXes that play in your servers? In my perspective there are recently been abit more HoXes playing PVP in my server (Crom) Maybe because some people got abit excited about the (possible) revamp. Then again some of the good old HoXes have quit game or moved to Fury.
    It seems Possession/General is still the most popular style when it comes to builds but seen also one or two Avatar/Possession builds lately in PVP working pretty efficiently. They seem to be quite suicide cannons but get alot of kills.
    Many people tend to play with full or partial T4 gear but there are some old school players using only PVP gear. To be honest i havent seen much different in success whether player wears T4 or PVP gear. Its more about skills in the end.
    Overall i think there are maybe 3-5 active HoX that i can remember by name and who are good or excellent in PVP .. rest are just below average.

How can ppl be below average when their are just a handful you can remember? Comments like this are sounding quite stupid.

Ah well hox which chooses pvp gear over t4 should look at stats again. The damage boost from t4 gear is one of the highest among all t4 sets. The prot from pvp isnt enough to compensate that.

Crom:

Guys like Emilliath, Furnace (moved to Fury), Kinghoxbaby (avatar/possession), Tiomm, Psychoodelic, Emboror, and Rhanir know the class and play very well.
    Bundrov (moved back to Fury) was all right.
    Taikanovski, Massacer, Milanka are rising in skill rapidly.
    Alandalara has no skill whatsoever and tends to die a lot without the proper knowledge of the class.

PvP 10 gear is the best choice in pick-up groups in minigames, and the T3.5, T4, or even the BB set may be the better choice for tournaments.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 3rd April 2013 at 05:10.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Crom:
    Tarkovski, Massacer, Milanka are rising in skill rapidly.
    Alandalara has no skill whatsoever and tends to die a lot without the proper knowledge of the class.

PvP 10 gear is the best choice in pick-up groups in minigames, and the T3.5, T4, or even the BB set may be the better choice for tournaments.
    Ha ha,kudos to you m8 you really made me laugh
    Now about gear, pvp 7 and pvp 10 are almost identical, no big difference there. But i wouldn't agree its best for pug minis, like zatochi said t4 has great stats, and if i could i would probably run t4 with some small pvp parts.
    Right now I'm mixing pvp and bb gear.
    And that t4 sword is so sweet but sadly i will never have it

Even though t4 gear has a lot more damage, I find I do better with t2 PvP mains and t4 minors.

I think it's really a question of taste between T4 and PvP gear. And it also depends what you face. Do you need extra dps ? Or are you ok with what you have. Personnaly i tend to go for more surviability than DPS. I believe HoX needs teamplay to pull it off so more surviability makes it easier to be helped.

I play with mostly Wolves gear and PvP gear (rings, shoulders, necklace, legs) waiting for full mini set (won't arrive soon). Kill wise it works pretty fine even in avatar spec.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    Even though t4 gear has a lot more damage, I find I do better with t2 PvP mains and t4 minors.
    I agree on this, only thing i would like to get from T4 is the sword. I am kind of hoping for PVP weapon adjustment or full pvp revamp for gear

Well i like more max dmg style so i would go for head, chest, legs, hands and rest pvp gear. And if its more mele mini than all t4

Also back and necklace t4 is nice, rings to, but as i play sometimes with pot i look for magic dmg instead int, so i would probably switched rings on and off.

But this is just wishfull thinking as i dont do pve

Yea, I use full t4 if the other team is all melee and equip Chromatic just for those abilities all classes have that are magical.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Crom:

Guys like Emilliath, Furnace (moved to Fury), Kinghoxbaby (avatar/possession), Tiomm, Psychoodelic, Emboror, and Rhanir know the class and play very well.
    Tarkovski, Massacer, Milanka are rising in skill rapidly.

Saying Full DPS (in this case BB t4 etc) gear is better for (i take it you meant premades) seems pretty silly imo. I think it is actually the other way around. In normal pug minis you can go for DPS gear mostly, but in a premade you defo wanna use survivability gear specialy if youre a hox lol. If the other premade has any decent Sin or caster on there team you would just get face rolled in a premade in full dps gear as a HoX !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast