Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: disavantage from conq revamp

Default disavantage from conq revamp

i havent comment anything about the conq and bs revamps because i knew from start they would be overpower and then some fixes would balance things, but until now the BS, is good but the conq, dam, they are invincible, more or less, even low level ones are a pain in the ass (provide they already have some skills)...this is what i saw:

one guard (lvl8 pvp) against a conq (lvl6 pvp) on duel in TT minigame, the conq had almost 50% health while the guard had a bit more (70% maybe), they were fighting and the guard was slowly loosing health while the conq managed to stay basically the same but then a sin showed up to help the guard!! imagine what happened:

the conq ignored the guard completely and chased the sin, killed him, then engaged again the guard and killed him also after a long fight

ok, the conq wasn't way better than the guard or otherwise, their were equal in skills but the sin was noob and still hit the conq with some whirlwinds and miasmas before dying (maybe around 3k damage)...
    the strangest thing was that after the guard died, the conq still had around 50% health (40 something maybe), how balanced is that??
    the guard can do heavy damage with polearm, and the conq ignored him to chase a noob sin, at this moment his health should have dropped a bit more from attacks from the guard right? unless of course the conq had defensive stance, but in that case how can a conq in defense stance kill a sin that runs away to avoid attacks (plus abilities to evade)?
    when the conq attacked the sin, it was basically like, stop moving and let the guard do so hits, then resume fighting - like joking with the foe

is it me, or the conqs still needs some kind of changes to balance a bit more? (i know the soldiers in general are very powerful but the conq, for now, damm)

In my opinion conqs need a few things to get more balanced:

-The old OtO, something that requires a glimpse of thinking to use and not just an other "Oh ****" button.
    -BoA changes aswell, i'd say reduce the range or revert it to it's old state.
    -Eventually rethink the retaliation damage of brute conqs in PvP.

Note though that any tank could have done the same thing you are talking about
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Well they got OP health regen + heal ability which heals like blue heal with almost zero cd

Conquerors should be tweaked for a bit less survival, but Funcom is afraid of making things weaker on account of players rage-quitting.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

conq is hilarious atm yeah, but against sins and guards it's the purest anti-class for those two - they simply don't stand a chance against a halfway decent (brute) conq. Sin dies in seconds while the guard gets debuffed and has no way of healing himself so he ends up losing after a while (since the conq can easily mitigate the guard's burst as well as heal himself anyway). It's ok to have anti-classes though, but of course it has to be somewhat reasonable and to work both ways. Brute conqs aren't really afraid of anyone atm. They can die to a good BS (maybe pom and tos too?) but they wreck havoc upon all other classes without much of an effort.

Carnie conq is different though, it's actually killable (but incredibly good damage still, a carnie conq can drop my guard in def stance to less than 50% in the blink of an eye).

They buffed conq like mad to make him an uber pve tank, but of course being as clueless as they are about pvp they didn't think about it for a second. So, here we are.

Both conq and DT do far too much damage in def stance in pvp, if they HAD to switch to frenzy it would be a lot better already. Guard is OP as well but is actually pretty bad in duels (unless you use STA against sin and demo ofc) and can be countered nicely by many classes. In group pvp though it really shines because it's so simple to play and has such a good balance of damage, survivability, mobility etc.
    Last edited by kalston; 26th March 2013 at 12:52.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

I play hybrid build with my conq and its for sure more fun atm than brute.
    I see so many times in minis, specially in js brute conq charging into 3 players or even 4 to kill one lowbie and than run away alive. I would be o.k. with that if player do it because of his skill and not class design.
    Other 2 soldiers are also bit over the top with dmg and survive ratio, but conq is just, well to much...
    Specially when you see so many conqs nowdays in minis.

One off topic question. I was hit on my lvl 7 barb by lvl 10 conq for 6.3 NON crit OLP after this scenario. I tried to stop him pick flag so i charged him and he knocked with boa, than he hit feint attack and crushing onslaught together with throat slash and booom 6.3k OLP. (he did have t4 sword and 2 rings)
    I tried that against friend sin with my high lvl conq and after 4 cc and even stagger or double tap stun highest non crit was 3.7 k.
    Just curious has anyone experienced that high non crit dmg?

Quote Originally Posted by Whalar View Post
    I see so many times in minis, specially in js brute conq charging into 3 players or even 4 to kill one lowbie and than run away alive. I would be o.k. with that if player do it because of his skill and not class design.
    i see zarini doing similar with his sin :
    saw him charge against a tos with a necro fulled with bombs side by side and a demo close by, and the tos got his health to around 10% or even less (not sure), the sin didnt even reached less than 70%-75% and run away and was attacked with demo and necro (tos started to run)

so, charging against multiple targets togheter to kill a lowbie a run away and survive its not a problem only of the conqs, a lot of sins do the same

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    i see zarini doing similar with his sin :
    saw him charge against a tos with a necro fulled with bombs side by side and a demo close by, and the tos got his health to around 10% or even less (not sure), the sin didnt even reached less than 70%-75% and run away and was attacked with demo and necro (tos started to run)

so, charging against multiple targets togheter to kill a lowbie a run away and survive its not a problem only of the conqs, a lot of sins do the same
    Well with sin is different situation, he can attacked 3 casters to kill lowbie, but if one was mele it would be pretty hard (if he is good player naturaly). But the thing with conq (and to some extent other soldiers) is they can stay long time fighting multiple opponents before they are forced to run. Sin if he is skilled has to rush in and do it as quick as possible, unless fighting noobs.

And what i meant was that even bad or average conq can try to do that while equal player of any other class will just die, even sin.

Quote Originally Posted by Whalar View Post
    Well with sin is different situation, he can attacked 3 casters to kill lowbie, but if one was mele it would be pretty hard (if he is good player naturaly). But the thing with conq (and to some extent other soldiers) is they can stay long time fighting multiple opponents before they are forced to run. Sin if he is skilled has to rush in and do it as quick as possible, unless fighting noobs.

And what i meant was that even bad or average conq can try to do that while equal player of any other class will just die, even sin.
    yes true, sins need to be more careful than conqs or other soldiers, but still, they survive a lot for the supposed squishies they are, its mainly the reason i compared with sins...
    on 1vs1 i understand the sin attacking, killing or almost killing, then run away, but against multiples, it doesn't "correct" imo...

but anyway, it looks like im not the only one thinking the conqs need some adjustment on pvp side, lets hope funcom changes anything about it

nah conq is just fine

/conq

btw, dont fix BOA its fun like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast