Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questline to get The Phoenix Sword

Default Questline to get The Phoenix Sword

Anyone know the exact course to be able to obtain this quest "properly" without the "Sharing" option. Since it cannot be shared any longer. I have googled and seen some suggestions such as doing the Tarantia Commons District questline, then get the quest to Crows Nest (Wine collecting), and from then on be able to get the quest to get the cloak (which I haven't gotten after doing the Wine quest twice). And then followed by Iron Tower quests, before finally being able to get it from Dexitheus. Anyone successfully done this? And can give me some hints on how to obtain the Jovus cloak quest?

In order to get the cloak, you need to get the quest to kill Jovus first. That quest is the end quest from either faction I think. After you have gone to Crows nest and killed Jovus, you can then go to the docks and get the Whining merchant quest - which the first time gives the cloak as reward. After that you can take it again and again, but then you wont get the cloak as reward.

About the Phoenix sword, I have no idea. I've done it on one char, but can't seem to get it on any other. I've done all faction quests and Crows nest quest. But stuck about what to do next. When I asked a GM he told me to talk to the npc just outside the entrance to Commons. He does not give me any quests though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kourose View Post
    Anyone know the exact course to be able to obtain this quest "properly" without the "Sharing" option. Since it cannot be shared any longer. I have googled and seen some suggestions such as doing the Tarantia Commons District questline, then get the quest to Crows Nest (Wine collecting), and from then on be able to get the quest to get the cloak (which I haven't gotten after doing the Wine quest twice). And then followed by Iron Tower quests, before finally being able to get it from Dexitheus. Anyone successfully done this? And can give me some hints on how to obtain the Jovus cloak quest?
    I remember lore wise that the guy at the top of the tower has an artifact from the keeper, and that after finishing that quest line they tell you to speak to that Dexitheus guy who tells you that there are more artifacts kept by the keeper and that you must then kill him. The guy in the throne room in Conan's castle gives you a quest to get the dancing steel, but that's not related.

Then there's the quest to talk to Sapio which might be a different quest or part of the quest we are talking about, but it's been so long since all that was released that I don't remember how to trigger the quest anymore. A few of us ran through the common district quests on noobie toons and could not figure out how to trigger the quest line.

I'm pretty sure it's out of Iron Tower, but maybe not.

As for teh GM telling you to talk to the Guard Captain outside commons, he does give you the trigger to start the entire Common's main quest. You might have to do all the crow's quests, the sister's quests, and Iron Tower 6-man quests and kill Jovus before you can get Dexitheus to finally pop it.

*Also, I remember lore wise that the priest you fight near the top of the tower weas driven mad by the artifact at the top, so story wise it would make sense completing all Iron Tower Quests (which involve doign all the other faction quests) is required.
    Last edited by Suctum; 25th March 2013 at 11:56.
    Doomsayer 2008

The questline for this is pretty complicated yes but breaks down as follows:

1. Complete the faction quests in Commons (Wharf Rats and Crows).
    2. Kill Jovus in Crow's Nest. (Obtained from Crow's faction quest giver).
    3. Complete the Order or Chaos questlines in COmmons (Get from the Commmander Vascus (Order) or the leader of Daughters (Chaos).
    4. Kill Attilius in the Mansion in the Commons. (End of Order/Chaos questline short of killing the Watch Commander/Riot Leader. Do not need to do this. Takes a group to kill the elite level boss)
    5. Obtain "The Wh0re of Stygia." quest from NPC Vialli outside the Commons gate.
    6. Kill Anoki halfway up Iron Tower. Take her diary from loot box and click it. This gives the Keeper quest.
    7. Free the Keeper of the Artifacts from the top of Iron Tower.
    8. Complete "Confess Thy Sins" quest. Talk to the Priest in Noble District.
    9. Talk to Dexitheus in Conan's castle and get the Phoenix Sword quest.
    10. Kill adds called "Arms" during the keeper fight. (There are 4 kinds of adds on the Keeper fight and only the Arms add drops the steel) They drop bags with the Steel you need to complete the quest. Return these to the Royal Armorer Faldus (sp?) and then talk to Dex for the epic ring.

Sounds simple doesn't it?
    Last edited by Komatoast; 25th March 2013 at 12:51. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Komatoast View Post
    (...)
    Step 1-4 are not needed, you can get "The working lady of Stygia" quest with no pre req. But sometimes the npc bug out and will not give you the quest, then you need to switch instance or call a GM.
    I am Stian ingame...

Quote Originally Posted by Civilix View Post
    Step 1-4 are not needed, you can get "The working lady of Stygia" quest with no pre req. But sometimes the npc bug out and will not give you the quest, then you need to switch instance or call a GM.
    That quest without pre-reqs can be shared however the NPC outside the gate will not have it for you until Attitus has been defeated. Right after you defeat him he tells you of Anoki. Then that NPC will have the "!" over his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Civilix View Post
    "The working lady of Stygia"
    Why can't you just write "whore"?

I'll add this shortcut that may or may not work. I have two characters that I did not complete the Iron Tower quests but had "The Whore of Stygia" quest in my journal and managed to get the dancing steel quest shared to me. You can try to find someone that has the whore quest then try to get someone to share "The Phoenix Sword." It might share since a pre-req quest is in your journal. But the foolproof way is the write-up above.

Thank you so much for all your inputs, I'll try doing IT without having the "Jovus" cloak quest done (I never got it even after doing the necklace quest and killing Jovus). Couldn't get it shared by just having the "The whore of Stygia" quest either... seems atleast the IT quests must be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kourose View Post
    Thank you so much for all your inputs, I'll try doing IT without having the "Jovus" cloak quest done (I never got it even after doing the necklace quest and killing Jovus). Couldn't get it shared by just having the "The whore of Stygia" quest either... seems atleast the IT quests must be done.
    The Jovus cloak quest is most likely not a pre-req for Phoenix. Just have the quest in your journal to kill Jovus and get credit for the kill to trigger the Order/Chaos questline.

If you have not completed the T2 quest to get the Hand Of Levi in wing 3, no T3 quests will be available to you. Same thing with the tooth of Vistrix being a pre-req for much of the T2 quests in Black Ring Citadel. Hand of Levi is probably another pre-req for the Phoenix quest before it can be shared along with the other 8 T3 quests. Questgivers aren't buggy for the questlines, just alot of chain quests have to be done in a certain sequence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast