Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: nerf ranger at lowbie

Quote Originally Posted by Whalar View Post
    Maybe he think about swift stride that gives uber 3% movement speed
    Together with 5% in aa thats 8%, enough to run away like most rangers in minis do when you attacked them.

I always wondered if it works this way ...
    If we get Nible R5 then we have 105% sspeed , but given we get an extra 3% , then our movement speed should be [(3/100)(105/100)] + (105/100) .
    Not sure if im correct here and i understand the game mechanic, would like to have some opinions . Stacking items like veteran boots (10% extra occ ms) and that red light armor pants that drop from minigames (5% extra ooc ms)should lead to a rly bigger scale than the athristic extra of 15% that one would imagine.
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

Maybe he think about swift stride that gives uber 3% movement speed
    Together with 5% in aa thats 8%, enough to run away like most rangers in minis do when you attacked them.
    Amazing you have to spell it out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    No...your wording made it sound like you were claiming we had a speed burst ala demos or sins. Don't be so smug all the time.
    Stygian...the best!

Well the thing about swift stride is that most rangers dont use it for pvp. If you go for linebreaker and just for EB in general tree, than you can put max 2 points in it. And personally i believe those 2 points can be better spend on something else.
    That leaves you with 5% from AA, so same as other 2 rogues, but they have significant speed bursts they can use (sin 50%, and barb depends on build can also reach 50%).
    Which basically shows that ranger is slowest rogue of them all

Well the thing about swift stride is that most rangers dont use it for pvp. If you go for linebreaker and just for EB in general tree, than you can put max 2 points in it. And personally i believe those 2 points can be better spend on something else.
    That leaves you with 5% from AA, so same as other 2 rogues, but they have significant speed bursts they can use (sin 50%, and barb depends on build can also reach 50%).
    Which basically shows that ranger is slowest rogue of them all
    TBH, I haven't seen a ranger not have speed burst in PVP. In fact many have turned into flag bots. Unless you are claiming there might be some third party tool involved?

@esty17 - Don't assume. Ask.

TBH, I haven't seen a ranger not have speed burst in PVP. In fact many have turned into flag bots. Unless you are claiming there might be some third party tool involved?

@esty17 - Don't assume. Ask.
    Well like i said ranger can have max 8% and that is if he has full nimble in AA tree and 3 points in swift strides. And most of them dont have all that. At least not 3 points in swift strides.
    So i cant really say what is that speed burst you were seeing, and i never claimed anything about third party tools.

Thing with ranger is he can lay trap behind which can help a lot when you need to run away.
    I mean people please learn a bit about other classes before you start making some unsupported claims.

Sitting 35+ meters out who would notice a 3rd party speed program anyways, most bad rangers run when someone enters the same side of the screen they are standing on.

The really sh!t ones stand there and turn their evasive buff on and laugh as every spell you cast you see immune or every combo you hit says miss while they Pen/TTS you and keyboard turn run off, stop, click a trap, and run off some more back to 35+ meters and wait for the evasive buff again.

Ranger no easy.
    Doomsayer 2008

Add combos to rangers.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Add combos to rangers.
    that would be great
    Stygian...the best!

If rangers choose old melee combos just to avoid the stupid, repetitive new animations and "pew pew" sound....this should say enough about the "combo" revamp...

About evasion...with the actual rules it is by far a certain bubble (even a conq with +100% evade gets hit in pvp). So, if a ranger evades everything just with that bubble, there is either something fishy, your hit rating is too low, the evade is bugged or he/she is just extremely lucky...or it is just your impression everything gets evaded.

Btw...add combos to rangers and offhand rating and more dex based swords! Miss the heartseeker (relyable damage), usefull speed debuff shot and actually quick quickshot

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast