Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fresh 80 Assassin -Questions

http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=148222

Seems like Asuran Ceremonial Dagger is the fastest to obtain.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

In the past 5 years in AoC I´ve seen quite a lot of poor feat descriptions, but with sin it´s just over the top. Almost every important ability description is missing infos on CD, duration, sometimes the exact effect as well (f.e. how much aggro reduction alo).

As already mentioned, there is an easy to obtain Dagger of envy's fury for the head of Athyr Bast in W3 (don´t forget to take it out of the box after the fight and loot distribution ). Some nice dagger is dropping in AoK Unchained as well, but till then you´ll be fine with some T1/T2 piece. For an absolute starter I´ve bought Sharktooth (lvl 80 blue dagger), nothing fancy, but super cheap and will do the job till you´ll get the quest reward one and maybe some raid drop. You can also go for those 2 crafted ones (Razor/Asuran Ceremonial Dagger), but in my case it wasn´t worth the money and effort.

The very basic lvl 80 crafted blue gear is cheap (and I mean few silver cheap) and gemmed with combat rating gems it provides surprisingly good "basic DPS". But that´s it, no hit/crit/crit dmg rating or any other candy, so try to replace it with some T1/2 raid gear asap. Khitai blues are not that bad neither, just don´t worry, when you´ll see your base DPS dropping, those other stats are at least as important as the DPS, some even more (hit rating).

BTW I think that sagemans build is too much -hate focused for an undergeared sin, don´t forget you can get -5% from AA and at least those first 2-3 ranks can be done fast. I´m fine with the Spirit of Nightfall (3%) + 5% from AA + some raid gear (if needed) for most of the time (got a reserve proper raid build with less bursts and more hate decrease if needed).
    Last edited by Argantes; 25th March 2013 at 09:55.

Also, check Ijianlin's build here:
    http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180510
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...ards-Rogue.jpg

Just got this dagger. Hard to find stats of other daggers with yg not working.

Quote Originally Posted by sageman72 View Post
    Remember it is a raid specc, go for something else for the regular PvE-stuff, like regular hybrid without any points in general, everybody can have two speccs to switch between these days.
    Based on Shinks info i think i would move points from Swift Ending to fill up Flurry of Blows, 15% offhand is god **** and it seems to proc quite often.
    Unholy Strength/Flesh Rot/Dark Weapon is just so you get some extra dps, will add up in the prolonged fights.
    Probably not worth it.I usually alternate between a specc that i have both of them and another that i drop flurry.If you should get it is too dependable on your gear and rest build too but 10% on SDS and GC is a better deal overall if you have to choose.

Quote Originally Posted by sageman72 View Post
    Unholy Strength/Flesh Rot/Dark Weapon is just so you get some extra dps, will add up in the prolonged fights.
    I ran dark weapon for a whole night in T3. I had done around 3 million damage that night. Dark Weapon fully feated contributed around 80K on that. It is a waste of points imo.

For steady raid group DPS i suggest going for Lethality in General instead of Flesh Rot/Dark Weapon.
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

Shink, you might be right, it just seems a bit strange to me that offhand wouldn't beat those 10% in a long bossfight. Maybe because i also have the 5% offhand from AA though, giving me 30% offhand chance every time FoB proccs and 15% when it is not active.

Scythie, in that build Lethality is already filled up, the only other valid alternative for the two points in Flesh Rot/Dark Weapons would then be to put them in Swift Ending if FoB is filled or vice versa, might be an ok option, its just for a bit more damage anyhow.

In T1/T2 raids tanks often is just as undergeared as the dps making it easy to overaggro, with such a build you can push dps high while rotating anti aggro abilities and when you push the limit to high you get a free ress with Cheat the Reaper, you're never as useless to a raid as when you lie face down in the dirt.

As you get more used to the char and get a better feel for your dps and where the limits go and better gear comes you're way, then you can start considering a purer dps specc, but for a beginner in raids a would definately go for something like this. But thats just me, try things out for yourself, that is half the fun

for straight raid dps id go something like this. but unless you have something like cover of dusk or good hate reduction gear you gotta be pretty careful on agro at the start. also 5 on soothing venom is good :P

http://is.gd/yVPFLw

you tend to get alot of hate with this build, unless you really trust the tanks to hold it then you cant really go full out

Quote Originally Posted by Harthorg View Post
    for straight raid dps id go something like this. but unless you have something like cover of dusk or good hate reduction gear you gotta be pretty careful on agro at the start. also 5 on soothing venom is good :P

http://is.gd/yVPFLw

you tend to get alot of hate with this build, unless you really trust the tanks to hold it then you cant really go full out
    http://goo.gl/UEVAh

That's my pure DPS build. You really will pull A LOT of hate unless you're careful and give the tanks time to generate some aggro.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast