Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fresh 80 Assassin -Questions

Default Fresh 80 Assassin -Questions

As I leveled up I invested in whatever feats seemed useful and always planned to reset feats at 80 so wasn't too worried about my decisions. Now at 80 and looking at tooltips I'm feeling rather frustrated. I guess tooltips for all classes must be just as uninformative.

Ability - Dull Pain
    Tooltip says it lasts a "short time". This is not very helpful in determining it's usefulness.

Flurry of Blows
    Not sure how this works. Is it a chance to proc? What is the duration? Investing an extra feat point increases duration by 1.5%. Are extra feat points spent in it useful?

Gear
    I am still using the purple armsman arena dagger as primary also have Turan arena dagger but using a high dex dagger in offhand instead for stats. Been doing some raids in the hopes of upgrades but no luck so far. Are there any easily obtainable upgrades from quests or drops in 80 areas? Considering doing the Heavens lake weapons quests in the hopes of a nice rewards but not sure if it will be an upgrade.

Are there any must have items around that I should aim for (not including raid gear), I already have some great Lunacy gear from HoC and trying to get gloves and shoulders also.

Feats
    http://aocfeats.com/feat/sin/1222716...836028488283c0

As most of my time on assassin will be spent raiding T1 and T2 I plan on using the above build for those activities. I think it will work well for both trash mobs (especially cabalists) and bosses. If you can see any gaps please let me know.
    Last edited by Daynan; 24th March 2013 at 08:32.

for raids i would rather go for something like this:

http://goo.gl/H4ZXS

Plenty of -hate/survival and still good damage.

Flurry of blows ,fully feated is 7 sec duration and 15% offhand chance,yes its based on proc.

Dull pain lasts for 10s.

Gear:Get quest from hashima in khesh and get dagger of envy's fury as reward from killing athyr bast in wing 3 .Other than that just wait for raid gear if you don't do khitai HMs.Can get decent blue necklace from forgotten city or purple one from IT HM.

If you start khitai HMz though there are more and better options.

As a fresh sin pugging a lot i d start with a -hate focused build and adjust while getting gear and AAs

What is the difference between 1 point in Flurry and 5 points?

Would I be able to do K6gs if I don't have 1.DPS 2.FH 3. TW

Do I need -hate at this early stage? Most times people I play with are way more geared than me. I guess i will have to wait until I am better geared to decide. Or maybe go with the above feats for now and respec for -hate later.

Sageman72. I took points out of Unholy Strikes because I don't seem to use swift strikes as much on mobs that have lots of hp's. Rotating miasma's takes most of my time. I do like it for world mobs though, because I use miasma's less on them. Seems most world mobs die before miasma's fully take effect.
    Many times if I use detonation on world mobs I find myself waiting there to see the boom. I could use another attack in the meantime but then I wouldn't get to see the boom

Is the 1 point in Flesh Rot a good investment? It doesn't say how much damage it does.

Scaling of flurry of blows offhand chance:

1 point :2%
    2 points :4%
    3 points :7%
    4 points :10%
    5 points :15%

After 2nd point it is also 0,5s duration increase per point

You have enough dps potential for most HMs in blue crafted cloth gear or lunacy set etc.If anything you might be missing some hit rating for tw/fh to not fail some times.

You could do most khitai HMs provided someone else has tw/fh in group ,if not you have to wait till you get them.

As for minus hate you ll have to check for yourself.I needed a lot of it in Pugs when my sin was fresh 80 in crafted blue gear with combat rating gems as far as brc goes and i started changing build after i got cover of dusk.Things might be different now though.

Flesh rot is a bit of tiny bit extra dps when you have nothing better to feat to get down the tree.You won't notice any difference to overall dps at 1 point compared with a build that does not have it afaik.

The tooltip only mentions increase of duration for flurry. Is the increased chance some hidden upgrade or are you maybe thinking of Deft Blades?

Quote Originally Posted by Daynan View Post
    The tooltip only mentions increase of duration for flurry. Is the increased chance some hidden upgrade or are you maybe thinking of Deft Blades?
    It's not hidden,funcom tooltips on feat trees are just inaccurate or misleading on many feats.Tested this by speccing 1 by 1 point into it and checking the buff i got when it procced.

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    It's not hidden,funcom tooltips on feat trees are just inaccurate or misleading on many feats.Tested this by speccing 1 by 1 point into it and checking the buff i got when it procced.
    Thx, Shink, I added it to Jo's featplanner.
    Tainted Souls on Crom - Johara's Featplanner

Hushi (HoX) - Igne natura renovatur integra

Seems like 1 point in Flurry is a waste then, and 5 points may or may not be a waste.
    Is an offhand attack a single white damage hit?
    Is there a default minimum chance of an offhand hit without feats or gear?

Remember it is a raid specc, go for something else for the regular PvE-stuff, like regular hybrid without any points in general, everybody can have two speccs to switch between these days.
    Based on Shinks info i think i would move points from Swift Ending to fill up Flurry of Blows, 15% offhand is god **** and it seems to proc quite often.
    Unholy Strength/Flesh Rot/Dark Weapon is just so you get some extra dps, will add up in the prolonged fights.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast