Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: POM AA-Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Ieronon View Post
    Actually the damage reduction to your main nukes is in the form of -200% base spell damage. I might be wrong but I think it is possible to compensate for it (so that your spells do some little damage after all) with high enough magic damage and other damage buffs.
    The snare part has been nerfed and it now snares for 25% fully feated (was 50% I think ?).
    Another great thing about Soul of Mitra is the 100% stun and fear resistance
    I doubt you could get +100% base spell damage, but hey - FC slapped another -100% just in case you would succeed. Bonus spell damage won't help because it's calculated through coefficients (multiplying 0 doesn't give high results ).

Sacred Fire and Repulse still work normally - what about Purifying Light?

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    I doubt you could get +100% base spell damage, but hey - FC slapped another -100% just in case you would succeed. Bonus spell damage won't help because it's calculated through coefficients (multiplying 0 doesn't give high results ).

Sacred Fire and Repulse still work normally - what about Purifying Light?
    After rereading the tooltip it's not -200% base spell damage but -200% to damage or healing, my bad.
    Still, if I put on enough magic damage, even smite does a little damage. So if I believe the formula Total Damage = Base Spell Damage + Magic Damage*coefficient, I guess that -200% multiplier only applies to the base spell damage, so that when magic damage*coefficient is higher than base spell damage, the total damage would become positive again (tell me if I'm wrong, I'm no formula expert ). Anyway that was something like 80 damage on a smite in scarlet gear so much ado about nothing .

Repulse should be affected by the debuff according to the tooltip...
    IIRC Purification of Mitra damage, Searing Light, Holy Cleansing are not affected (according to the tooltip again).

(This makes me think : did anyone collect magic damage coefficients for POM spells by any chance ? Also did anyone check out how +X% to damage or healing, +X% base spell damage interact ?)
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

we did some number crunching a long time ago and i remember our coefficients sucked but i dont remember what they were and that was before the last 2 revamps so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    Shimmering Invocation:
    This is a channeled AoE healing spell. It channels for 6.5 seconds ticking every 2 seconds. It has a range of 20 meters and an AoE of 16 meters, the innermost 4 meters recieve 100% healing, the next 4m ring 66% and the outermost 4m ring 33%. The 3 ticks heal for different amounts - starting at 300, 600 and 1500 with 0 heal rating. The conversion of heal rating to heal strength is 2:1/2:1/6:1 so the first two ticks are most affected by it. For example with 1000 heal rating it would heal 800, 1100, 1660.
    This is a great feat to have in any type of gameplay, but only if you plan on getting gear with heal rating.
    The fourth 4-meter ring does what?

Quote Originally Posted by Daynan View Post
    The fourth 4-meter ring does what?
    Probably some crappy 11% - never cared about this actually. You should be concerned only about the 1st and 2nd ring - if anyone outside gets healing then good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuls View Post
    While true, also to good to mention the debuff will only be applied after the channeling is done, so canceling it after the 2nd tick will allow for another PoM to use it.
    Wasn't this fixed? I tried it just now and you get debuff after the first tick.

Last time I tried it was roughly 2 months ago, since I was moving meanwhile and haven't played since, not sure if there was any recent fix to it.
    God loves human virtues like courage and hope, but he loves screams, blood and despair just as much. If he didn't, there's no way fresh intestines could be so colorful!

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuls View Post
    Last time I tried it was roughly 2 months ago, since I was moving meanwhile and haven't played since, not sure if there was any recent fix to it.
    I guess there had to be one - if it was supposed to work before and now it doesn't

I checked 1 and 2 ticks and got debuff every time.

haha cool

ty for checking it out, not that I was planning on using it anyway

I prefer Elysium anyhow in case I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally slot a goldie.
    God loves human virtues like courage and hope, but he loves screams, blood and despair just as much. If he didn't, there's no way fresh intestines could be so colorful!

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    Emissary used correctly is more useful than Shimmering in most situations anyway, not to mention much faster cast.
    You mean PvP I reckon?

And how does one use Emissary correctly? I find this skill too random and Shimmering is invaluable on Entity or Zodiac (if **** hits the fan).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast