Thread: Returned HoX - Survivability Issues

Default Returned HoX - Survivability Issues

Hey guys!

Its been a while since I played AoC but I still feel it in my fingers while I play! While alot of the gaming environment has changed since I left in 2011, my HoX still hasnt. Ive been playing a couple of weeks now, mostly solo PvE but some groups/raids and PvP minigames.

Ive considered myself top tier when it comes to solo PvE(really sorry to brag here but need to show my point), and I dont know if its just because Im rusty but after many rounds in Khitai/Turan Ive notice something really disturbing. My HoX survivability sucks balls.... It wasnt like this before I left. Now I have to hurry to kill the enemy before I die, lol. My char has full T1-T3 gear. My armor is equal to 20,7% mitigation. And there is basically almost none feats or AA to help with this.

Also tried my PoM, which surprisingly has been revamped(stabilized) and also got ANOTHER bubble, lol!

Is this just me or can more people relate?

One big thing about new gear is that it has "critigation" (look for it under the armor number). That helps quite a bit.

The first /day or two in Khitai really do throw a good solo HoX off his stride for a bit. But once you hit Tier 2 in BB or Wolves faction and put on some gear, the ol' chain kills start piling back up again.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Hi

I don't know you build or your playstyle so I will just write some tips (not meant to be used for all pulls):
    - Solo build (you've another build for minigames anyways)
    - Instant Aoe debuff is great for solo
    - Pull with flame lash from near max distance and start preloading the BtD combo (try hitting several mobs for the full tick instead of the lower AoE one).
    - Treat your transformations as CCs, not as damage buffs (Avatar is reserved for extra CC or when dealing with extra hard mobs, not to forget the free big heal).
    - Remember you've a interrupt, nice for big attacks or CCs from mobs.
    - Remember your minionkill (especially nice with blood pit), even if limited use in Khitai.
    - Root is a good tool, both for solo mobs and several ones when things are getting hairy (root, run a few meters and flame lash is the standard).
    - Double-tap forward just before activating pillar/combo for a short stun, especially nice when dealing with several mobs.
    - Fear, sucks a bit because of long cast but nice if desperate or just need some breathing room (use the time for at least a flame lash).
    - Phoenix Cloak: Use it when needed.
    - Kite when needed, hellfire breath is instant so use that.

Get Red Shadows asap (use timetraining) and Brittle Blade is nice for PvE.

If you want to do Khitai in HM then use poss+gen (more squishy but nice burst)
    Last edited by tafale; 23rd March 2013 at 17:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolph View Post
    Is this just me or can more people relate?
    You'll notice that the guys you're facing are now level 81-85. You need AA and gear to close the gap. So it's not just you. Join the Khitan factions to start your new life.

Fortunately, HoX needs no gear and AAs for minigames. Culture gear (use magic damage gems) and a possession/general build will make a good solid damage dealer out of you.
    Try to buy combo and spell books (three of them) as soon as you collect 50 campaign badges in PvP. I recommend getting to Red Shadows of Xotli for easier kills.

What build and gear do you use in PvE and PvP?
    The principle is CCing the enemy in both and using your strongest AoE damage spells and combos, and there will be absolutely no problem with kills in PvE and PvP!
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by tafale View Post
    - Treat your transformations as CCs, not as damage buffs (Avatar is reserved for extra CC or when dealing with extra hard mobs, not to forget the free big heal).
    Just remember that HFB has a real nasty tendency to pull any mobs you use it on out of stun prematurely which, yes, is super annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by jakounezumi View Post
    Just remember that HFB has a real nasty tendency to pull any mobs you use it on out of stun prematurely which, yes, is super annoying.
    You should be running to their back for a PoIF or FL anyway.