Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Polearm Tank: Is it possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    The bat? Who tanks there? Anyway, I didn't kill the Bat with Black Dragons.

The guy was so amazing that he could kite perfectly (ooc heal) while typing on chat - he never said a word on the mic (some say he said a few words and sounded way under the allowed age)

He could kite Yi Qin without healer (don't know anyone else who could do that) and sent me pms while kiting special adds on T3 craft (I was always healing him).

Good times
    People.. kite Yi Qin with a healer? More proof that everyone else was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Midge50 View Post
    I don't think that anyone in the US kites with a healer...just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Midge50 View Post
    Why kite the ranger mini boss at all? Unless you're bothering to kill the other mini boss I guess. Tank needs a healer to run him to a spot away from everybody? Really? Is he naked or something?
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Lol at comments about someone who could kite Yi Qin without a healer. I'd certainly hope so.

As for kiting ranger miniboss, RA actually does that, at least for a bit. Not sure what other guilds do but we do kill both Yi Qin (ranger) and Dai Gang (polearm), so yes we do kite ranger boss for the beginning of fight while we burn down polearm boss. Once polearm boss is less than 10% we move to kill ranger boss, then pull polearm boss and finish him off quickly while a tank pulls Sheng to the fountain.

I know other guilds kite 2 bosses and only kill ranger boss, but this is the strat we've used for the last year and works perfectly fine for us. With no stupid sh!t, Sheng is dead in less than 4 minutes with no drama, so we keep doing it like we always have

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Lol at comments about someone who could kite Yi Qin without a healer. I'd certainly hope so.
    I guess they don't even try then...

For me it's not common and that guy was always at 100% health and writing pms at the same time, so I thought it was cool

Where did the polearm discussion go?

Polearm discussion ended up on the following consensus : it's doable, ok, cool, fun and you got a badass style with it.

About that Yi Qin kiting, it's been made piss easy for years now and frankly if the soldier is not too slow, the archer should not be able to land a single attack on him.

Actually, this is the first time ever i hear about the archer tank kiting with a healer with him, which appears quite risky frankly, i'd be afraid to lose one precious healer from the occasional poison arrow coupled to an unfortunate volley.

Tried poletanking 2 days ago on Zodiac alt raid (cause i lack hit rating with s/s), work fine even tho aggro is more depending of shields (hate when they go all right) & crits.

But i fear the pole range increase the problem of boss pathfinding/hit range. It's very annoying when you don't move and suddendly (after 30sec hitting normaly) the boss changes position and go crazy... out of range of symbol.
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Actually, this is the first time ever i hear about the archer tank kiting with a healer with him, which appears quite risky frankly, i'd be afraid to lose one precious healer from the occasional poison arrow coupled to an unfortunate volley.
    It may be risky if you send a full dps PoM or ToS, but tank-mode BS can take Volleys and the occassional Poison Arrow. Yes, it's stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Tried poletanking 2 days ago on Zodiac alt raid (cause i lack hit rating with s/s), work fine even tho aggro is more depending of shields (hate when they go all right) & crits.

But i fear the pole range increase the problem of boss pathfinding/hit range. It's very annoying when you don't move and suddendly (after 30sec hitting normaly) the boss changes position and go crazy... out of range of symbol.
    Yeah you have to be careful with the pole range, it can cause issues. Just hug the boss like if you were S&S :P
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast