Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Polearm Tank: Is it possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    Just checked the pics I've made for Black Dragons progress and on all T3,5+ bosses we killed (Archfiend, Zaal, Sheng, Basilisk and Imp) the main tank was poleguard.
    At higher tier raiding, there is no such thing as a "main tank", you need multiple tanks swapping aggro.

Quote Originally Posted by Invino View Post
    Are you talking about tanking Khitai dungeons - and specifically Den of Crowmen and Paikang? If not ... then you are right and Khitai gear is pointless for Guards.

I use T1 chest and Polearm (smalls T3, rest t2) and tanked T3 last night with uber geared mega tanks ... and had ZERO problems getting or keeping aggro or survival for that matter. + I play my Guard so rarely now, really ought to suck at it.
    Everybody keeps saying this.. but it just feels like polearm is much more difficult to hold and keep aggro... let me test again.. but I'm pretty sure S&S at the lower tiers gives far better aggro and survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    At higher tier raiding, there is no such thing as a "main tank", you need multiple tanks swapping aggro.
    You don't know this guy - he was taking aggro whenever he wanted and gave it back only when he had the last 1hp. He tanked most of the fight

You don't know this guy - he was taking aggro whenever he wanted and gave it back only when he had the last 1hp. He tanked most of the fight
    huh, that sounds like me... always play it close, was this on nergal?

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    huh, that sounds like me... always play it close, was this on nergal?
    The bat? Who tanks there? Anyway, I didn't kill the Bat with Black Dragons.

The guy was so amazing that he could kite perfectly (ooc heal) while typing on chat - he never said a word on the mic (some say he said a few words and sounded way under the allowed age)

He could kite Yi Qin without healer (don't know anyone else who could do that) and sent me pms while kiting special adds on T3 craft (I was always healing him).

Good times
    Last edited by Misiuggah; 8th April 2013 at 20:44.

The bat? Who tanks there? Anyway, I didn't kill the Bat with Black Dragons.

The guy was so amazing that he could kite perfectly (ooc heal) while typing on chat - he never said a word on the mic (some say he said a few words and sounded way under the allowed age)

He could kite Yi Qin without healer (don't know anyone else who could do that) and sent me pms while kiting special adds on T3 craft (I was always healing him).

Good times
    Keanu Reeves w/blue pill?

You don't tank the bat.

And no single tanks - in terms of keeping aggro - tanks the Archfiend most of the fight, especially considering the 30 second debuff you get after you remove deicide.
    Last edited by Chillee; 9th April 2013 at 03:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    You don't tank the bat.

And no one tanks - in terms of keeping aggro - the Archfiend most of the fight, especially considering the 30 second debuff you get after you remove deicide.
    Do basically there is no tanking in 3.5? They should really tone down 3.5 so more PUGs can do it..currently it just sits idle.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    Do basically there is no tanking in 3.5? They should really tone down 3.5 so more PUGs can do it..currently it just sits idle.
    Bat is only one of 3 fights. The other 2 fights need a lot of tanking and have interesting mechanics.

I think you mixed Nergal with Erlik

First two T3.5 fights are actually cool to tank - you need to switch aggro fast while doing other stuff (f.e. avoiding certain attacks).

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast