Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Polearm Tank: Is it possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Civilix View Post
    Has this not been univeral known for some time? Back in 2009 someone did an awesome job documenting this:
    http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=44411

Abilities and combos have changed and been adjusted, but the system should be just the same today as back then.
    That's probably the only post with some numbers. But we can only wonder about other combos and classes.

BTW - I remember posts back in 2009 where people also wondered if you can actually tank with polearm and people were explaining how Guard buff works etc. In 2010/11 all tanks I knew where polearm tanking. People started coming back to s/s after the "revamp" and multi-spec went live.

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    That's probably the only post with some numbers. But we can only wonder about other combos and classes.

BTW - I remember posts back in 2009 where people also wondered if you can actually tank with polearm and people were explaining how Guard buff works etc. In 2010/11 all tanks I knew where polearm tanking. People started coming back to s/s after the "revamp" and multi-spec went live.
    It has been some waves yes, both sides have had an armsrace where new info came out all of the time. We also had the S&G with the high aggro that one day everyone started to use and could lock everything to them in seconds and after that was nerfed we had more and more SnS starting to use vengenace to catch up with the poleguards that had used it for a long time. Then we had the long time with bugged irritate/coh, where if you had a bugged char you could pretty much do whatever you wanted and this made a lot of people think SnS and pole were equal.

I think the reason we see poletanking working better now is just because we finaly can get a polearm that is good enough.

That said i still have to experience the aggro difference between a T4-SnS and a T4-poletank, it may be that the T4 guard sword and shield got just as much power increase as the polearm got so it equals out.
    I am Stian ingame...

Have been trying my hands at pole tanking and it just doesn't cut it for me. Not for surviveability issues, but mostly for ccs and utilities.

But it may also be me under performing (very likely) but i just can't get into the groove.
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

The diffrence between S&B and Pole aggrowise will be diffrent from boss to boss, aswell as DT and Guard diffrence.

At bosses/adds with low mitigation I have a very easy time with polearm, but bosses with high restistance against melee sword and shield win mostly.

But this is obvious.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Just wondering if any of the fellow guardians around here have the perks champion spirit and deliberate reprisal maxed (900h )

I really wanted to know whats are the number of the 2 perks maxed.

ive got champion spirit maxed and deliberate resipal rank 4.
    if im tanking melee boss i get +5% incomming healing quite fast.(ofc no stack if you fight mage boss)
    though ive never payed attention what deliberate actually gives

Deliberate maxed gives +10% critigation chance and does a bit more retributive damage than Guard. Champion spirit maxed procs constantly (points only increase proc chance...) and gives +4% healing (yes, only 1% per stack...) and + ~200 combat rating (and some stamina but who cares about that). The healing bonus applies to everything even pots.

With sword & shield you get different bonuses (however you cannot stack them as I explained before, when you switch weapons you lose the +10% armour that guard gives for example).
    Last edited by kalston; 19th June 2013 at 09:40.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardus View Post
    Just wondering if any of the fellow guardians around here have the perks champion spirit and deliberate reprisal maxed (900h )

I really wanted to know whats are the number of the 2 perks maxed.
    If you're wondering a lot about such stuff and you have free 30GB on your HDD - install TL

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    If you're wondering a lot about such stuff and you have free 30GB on your HDD - install TL
    Na actually i was thinking about the numbers of the perks when maxed, 900 hours perks that gives 50% proc chance its lol , when you get classes with ludocrious perks i think at leats the 900h should give 100% chance.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011