Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Polearm Tank: Is it possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    People suspect different combos have different hate values (not coming from their dps),
    Me too. How else do you explain that Shield Slam does more Hate but less dps than Overreach if there aren't some mechanics that modify hate calculations based on the combo you are doing? Or that I seem to have more hate but less damage on my DT doing BfA 5&4 instead of BfA4&3?

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    but didn't see any data anywhere. Many combos have names or tooltips mentioning hate/aggro, but no buff/debuff value to confirm it. It's a bit like armor threshold discussion
    Sure, this is all very vague and the only source of information for that are the bits and pieces devs talk about sometimes on TL (there are some really interesting posts from enex starting from here) and your own "feeling" while you are tanking.
    Defon (Guard)
    Nejoo (Guard) Areana (DT) Willamus (Conq)
    Ichkruchka (Demo) Defina (Necro) Defhid (HoX)
    Sagittaa (Ranger) Phaictan (Sin) Alunn (Barb)
    Defure (BS) Deforia (PoM) Nutiaret (ToS)

For guard set, i for one went for the full courageous set for my guard, only because i like the look of it, but for pure practical purpose, i'd suggest fearless soul one, just because it's the best overall.

About combo inner hate factor, i think the only way to check it is by trying different rotations over months of tanking, and at the end you get your feeling about what's better or what works better for you.

My own experience leads me to use, like many others, flashing arc 9, counterweight, storm strike, but never disable.

t4 gear i suggest:
    fearless legs/chest/head
    courageous shoulder/wrist
    indomitable belt/boots/hands

@areana
    doesn't the description under the shield slam feat say something like:"generates an aditional amount of agro"? top of my memory.
    which is in line with the theory in my previous post

Thanks for advices

I don't think i can decently consider the 3-sets mix, since our alt-raid lootrules ask to go on a set and stick with it (except if loot goes trash).
    It was already hard to argue with my raidleader about having the right to need on thoses Band of the Immortals
    Imo the best scenario is : i'll go on Courageous small parts, and spend dragon tears on fearless big parts, and hope the fearless/indomitable gloves will go trashloot quickly so i can roll on them

PS : i agree that Courageous set is better looking than Fearless, anyway, i'm not much fan of kithan-themed armors, esp t4 ones. So long lives the vanity slot !
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

I for one just love how t3.5 sets look for most classes including soldiers

Indomitable looks okay I find but Courageous or Fearless? Eeeeeeerk.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Oh yes, T3.5 is awesome (Ostary right?), but too much expensive and unreachable for a vanity-purpose set, we're not fashion-victims as much as Cynara !
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    I for one just love how t3.5 sets look for most classes including soldiers

Indomitable looks okay I find but Courageous or Fearless? Eeeeeeerk.
    indomitable makes you look like a clown in slippers.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Oh yes, T3.5 is awesome (Ostary right?), but too much expensive and unreachable for a vanity-purpose set, we're not fashion-victims as much as Cynara !
    Ostiary or Milites Templi yeah (dps version, what I would chose for pole tanking, at least for some parts). The fort vanity set looks kinda similar as well (just need to farm Ardashir Fort and the Arena bosses a bit to get all parts).

And yeah Indomitable pants look odd as well but it doesn't bother me as much as the other two. Black Dragon and Guard pvp t2-3 sets are still my favourites.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimmz View Post
    (...)

@areana
    doesn't the description under the shield slam feat say something like:"generates an aditional amount of agro"? top of my memory.
    which is in line with the theory in my previous post
    Has this not been univeral known for some time? Back in 2009 someone did an awesome job documenting this:
    http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=44411

Abilities and combos have changed and been adjusted, but the system should be just the same today as back then.
    I am Stian ingame...

I got the T4 polearm last week so this week I did a full run with polearm in T4.

Fearless bigpieces
    Couragus soul belt,wrist,feet
    Indomatible(spelling?) Hands.

Aggrowise it was a beast, 24% critchance 32% critb. Critted pretty much all the time, and exp poledansers knows thats /win.

Tho survivability wise it felt very squishy, gonna try with imp deffstance next week and see if it helps

But short words: Very fun! And totally possible.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast