Thread: can I ask something

Default can I ask something

- why is everyone only playing at lvl 19, 39, 59

- why is everyone only playing hallowed vaults I have not seen any other map yet

- why is there no bolstering like in swtor where I used to play with people in a lvl 10-49 bracket and it worked too, why not in AoC

- why is the pvp queuing up process so clunky and buried in a sub menu?

The game boosts everyone to those levels. You're actually playing with people in a 40-59 group, just boosted to 59.
    Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?

>> Only one character from 'Vorbiz' exists in my player name. So if you see me or anyone else with a similar name running around: It is not me.

Social Guidelines | General Support | Community FAQ | Support FAQ

-not sure if your 80 or not but minis pop pretty constantly steam has brought a lot of ftp lowbies atm

-if your playing lowbie mini i think only HV gives rewards?

-there is you are auto leveled to the bracket your in so if your lv 40 and join a game you are ajusted to lv59 and so forth

-AOC was never really made for mini games the original premise was for large scale open world battles but they never seemed to get it right, minis were more of a after thought then a main part of the game like they are now.

got to remember before there was no massive gear grind or tokens or need for high pvp lvs in fact most of the best gear dropped in open world (old world purples) and open world bosses in kesh.
    pvp gear didnt mean much and pve gear was easy to farm game was based of open world pvp and battle keeps but that was before now we are left with gear grind and forced to mini and farm to progress hell i didnt even do a mini game for the first 2 years of this game lol

Edited by Arishanya to remove flaming remarks.
    Last edited by Arishanya; 26th March 2013 at 07:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorbiz View Post
    The game boosts everyone to those levels. You're actually playing with people in a 40-59 group, just boosted to 59.
    Unless they changed the AOC programming lately, that wasn't true. When you did the 10-19 bracket, you knew the level 12 was going to get drilled by even mediocre 19s. You didn't get access to the higher level combos, and your weapons were still limted to the damage that they did at 12. There was a significant disadavantage to being lower level.

Maybe you guys bump up the health amount and some other stuff, but it wasn't close to being even. SWTOR there really isn't a significant advantage. I don't know how they do it as I'm not an avid PvPers anymore, but I'm sure that is what the OP meant.

because the game is so bad and grindy at level 80. due to the horizontal progression of AA and gear, the gap between new 80s and vet 80s is so great, people linger at the lower level brackets so the playing field is more level.

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    because the game is so bad and grindy at level 80. due to the horizontal progression of AA and gear, the gap between new 80s and vet 80s is so great, people linger at the lower level brackets so the playing field is more level.
    ^this

u have a better chance at killing a 19 with a lvl 6, than killing a t4 with a fresh 80

**edit** good time to fraps a demo?

I always played mini lowbe levels to

1 faster combat then @ lvl 80.
    2 gear gap is there but less.
    3 meet new people/players and try to help them out.
    4 it used to be more balanced then 80 minis but after some classes revamp u will have 1-2 OP classes at every bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by Manilavanilla View Post
    - why is everyone only playing at lvl 19, 39, 59
    You get MUCH better gear and abilities at highest levels possible in the minigame brackets. Some people even store Epic gear from the Item Store that are removed nowadays.

- why is everyone only playing hallowed vaults I have not seen any other map yet
    Actually, since the minigame queues were misplaced by some strange bug that "has been looked into" for 6 months, people tend not to find "Hallowed Vaults" and click random queues. "Hallowed Vaults" is just a popular map that gives no special rewards.

- why is there no bolstering like in swtor where I used to play with people in a lvl 10-49 bracket and it worked too, why not in AoC
    There is. Everyone is mentored to the highest level.

- why is the pvp queuing up process so clunky and buried in a sub menu?
    There is no manpower at Funcom to solve the bugs with the queues and add convenience.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

I would like to know why pvp is buried in a sub menu as well.

Not just that, but a sub menu that expands to only show a subset of the games available.

If a HV mini is queuing you can totally miss this if you don't resize the window. Vets may know to look, but new players wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by gduncan View Post
    I would like to know why pvp is buried in a sub menu as well.
    /signed

vets now where to look for when it comes to pvp: player search and minis

new fellas are clueless how to 'find' pvp