Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Having HoX Trouble

You can make Avatar/Possession work, BUT you have to go heavy Avatar and must have far superior movement than most players have.

http://goo.gl/xA1lm

You can do very well with it as long as your team isn't completely stupid.

Possession
    http://goo.gl/Kcgyz

Typical Possession/General spec.

Edit: Possession link fixed.
    Last edited by Ruhenous; 2nd April 2013 at 17:45.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    PvP side with Heralds of Xotli is fine
    Rly? you are not bad HoX and still have K/D 9790/15736... HoX is best class, best fun, original concept... and least played class... guess why...
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Quote Originally Posted by jenyu View Post
    thought I see your point about avatar. I spend 15 points to get lance seems worthless, though atm I have mana issues (that perhaps natural mana regen from gen will fix it).
    Dont know what is your gear atm, as possession/general hox i generally dont have mana issues, but mana pot is always in use

Most important tip for new hox is to try and stick with group and learn to kite good. And dont forget to use range on your pillars, so many times i see hox standing next to target and hitting pillar finisher. They have great range (unleashed power is nice feat) so use it.
    And move, move, move,move... and when you dizzy from all the moving than move some more or put Phoenix cloak on and rest a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Whalar View Post
    And remember playing hox you are part of small band of masochist, and that by it self is rewarding
    Definitely the QFT of the week.
    Well i guess build like this can work, i see you are determined to have fire lance. In my opinion 21 points spend in avatar tree just for that is too much and can be better used.
    Its whole different story if you go for avatar/possession build, but this is just fire lance/possession one.
    Try it out for sure and see how do you like it, wish you lots of crits on firelance
    I remember at launch Fire Lance was maybe the hardest hitting combo in the game, people lived in terror of HoXes because of it (i.e., world PVP). As a result, tri-specs were really common (due also to only one of the HoX end-feats being worth anything).

Then FL got nerfed 2-3 patches in a row and now yeah.

I used to submit the suggestion every once in a while that Fire Lance get buffed and replace Hell on Earth as the second Avatar end feat, similar to how Possession gets two nukes.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Ruhenous avatar build without Midless Brute? Flame tounge is useless too, better go Lingering Hell. i realy want to see how you use Burn to death combos on pvp... As avatar hox u need to use 3x pillars (main combos), Fire Lance and sometimes Molten Steel Slash and Body And Spirit Wrack. Try to remember Avatar hox is not melee oriented character- its big mistake, hox is always magic damage oriented class.
    Solmhyr- new style of HoX play.

Quote Originally Posted by elkornasso View Post
    Ruhenous avatar build without Midless Brute? Flame tounge is useless too, better go Lingering Hell. i realy want to see how you use Burn to death combos on pvp... As avatar hox u need to use 3x pillars (main combos), Fire Lance and sometimes Molten Steel Slash and Body And Spirit Wrack. Try to remember Avatar hox is not melee oriented character- its big mistake, hox is always magic damage oriented class.
    Flame tongue useless? And you use rank 1 pillar?
    To be honest mindless brute or not, both ways can be viable, i also dont spend points in it, you can put sword with constitution as other weapon and switch with your main weapon when you need some extra health to survive.

And about hitting btd in pvp, its not that hard as you think (there are lower rank of it and you can preload it and use only finsher) and you dont force that combo. You use it when its time for it. And if you run POT AA ,as i do sometimes, you will see what btd can do.
    Even in regular build its nice dot on rank 3 or 4.

And where is hell strikes in your list of combos to use?

Ruhen avatar build is really solid one, i just didnt tested burning hex recently so not sure about gains there.

And btw ruhen fix possession link, its same spec as avatar one.

Thats why alot of hoxes have experience but have poor k/d. Hellstrikes have very low dmg if u compare this combo to other combos (they can be use vs hox on molten flesh), but what i can know as experienced pvp player and newbie hox with 3:1 k/d

Edited by Arishanya to remove profanity. Please respect other users and do not use foul language and profanity in your posts. This includes trying to 'mask' such language by substituting letters or symbols.
    Last edited by Arishanya; 3rd April 2013 at 18:46.

Flame tongue useless? And you use rank 1 pillar?
    To be honest mindless brute or not, both ways can be viable, i also dont spend points in it, you can put sword with constitution as other weapon and switch with your main weapon when you need some extra health to survive.

And about hitting btd in pvp, its not that hard as you think (there are lower rank of it and you can preload it and use only finsher) and you dont force that combo. You use it when its time for it. And if you run POT AA ,as i do sometimes, you will see what btd can do.
    Even in regular build its nice dot on rank 3 or 4.

And where is hell strikes in your list of combos to use?

Ruhen avatar build is really solid one, i just didnt tested burning hex recently so not sure about gains there.

And btw ruhen fix possession link, its same spec as avatar one.
    Burning Hex hits for around 400-500 per tick. But I use t4 minors and the t4 sword in PvP.

And I don't really like Mindless Brute. The health gained really isn't worth the loss in 3% magic damage in today's game. 700 health is more or less a white hit for most classes.

Quote Originally Posted by elkornasso View Post
    Thats why alot of hoxes have experience but have poor k/d. Hellstrikes have very low dmg if u compare this combo to other combos (they can be use vs hox on molten flesh), but what i can know as experienced pvp player and newbie hox with 3:1 k/d
    Omg, now we will start with k/d ratio. LOL, usually people with high ratio are kd wh...s.
    And no i dont have that high, i have around 2/1 on all hoxes i had, and i had couple lvl 80 hoxes.
    My main hox is on 17k kills, so what. like that means anything.
    And beside what combo would possession hox use when pilars are on cd? Maybe pilar 1 like you do? Did you see dmg on hs when it crits btw? And good thing about it is that sometimes you just need to be mobile and can cancel it and still do some dmg.
    Please be constructive and not just rush in trashing and saying this is bad, that sucks... try explaining your view.
    And dont brag about k/d its just cheap
    Last edited by Arishanya; 3rd April 2013 at 18:46.

im talking about avatar hox... ok man this conversation have no sense in my opinion pillar 1 is better than hs V. Avatar player should go into big finght use avatar phoenix wing demon maw cast all pillars and enjoy with 6-10 kills at start on js in middle fight. Thats avatar style- in my opinion ofc. If u want stay behind and kill 1 player per fight thab poss/gen build is better.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast