Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Having HoX Trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Whalar View Post
    Its sad to see people leaving this unique class. For me its the most fun class in game from launch.
    well just to make you happy then I started playing hox 1-2 weeks now and i think the class rocks! Great burst damage and at least up to lvl 59 the class is really good in pvp too.
    As I am lvling up atm I find using spells to do damage really cool but i dont want to leave behind avatar too. I am reading in this thread mostly about poss/gen build and I was thinking why is this? The only think that worths in general (not saying this as someone that knows but as someone that has questions) is Purge as its a nice anticc. I was thinking of going up like this:

http://goo.gl/3L75L do you think its viable in pvp?
    Jenyu - Assassin
    Lutheor - Herald Of Xotli
    Destiny

"Now you see me, now you don't"

You could probably MAKE it work, but it's definitely not optimal. The only way to make Avatar really shine is to go with a mostly Avatar/Possession spec.

And the only way to get the most out of Possession is to go Possession/General for max magic damage/burst potential.

Quote Originally Posted by jenyu View Post
    well just to make you happy then I started playing hox 1-2 weeks now and i think the class rocks! Great burst damage and at least up to lvl 59 the class is really good in pvp too.
    As I am lvling up atm I find using spells to do damage really cool but i dont want to leave behind avatar too. I am reading in this thread mostly about poss/gen build and I was thinking why is this? The only think that worths in general (not saying this as someone that knows but as someone that has questions) is Purge as its a nice anticc. I was thinking of going up like this:

As good pvp hox u need to have some survivability atributes like maxed phoenix wings and if u want to go avatar spec u need to max mindless brute and ofc Avatar or Xotli. If u go Chain of Anguish way, better go poss/general build. Dont give more than 1 point to flame lash and dont max flame tongue- better go for hellstep upgrade. I prefer Avatar/poss build in pvp and i have always good stats on minis without camping like hoxes on poss/general build. Hox is very good class to get kills and i often have most kills on js (20-28 kills and 2-8 deaths) as 4 pvp hox and only 1 point per ability in AA tree (i play hox only 1,5 month).

One more detail (in addition to the Unforgiven forum answer): move 1 point in glorious exultation of Xotli to Demonic Link.
    It is very hard to relearn to PvP with this for me, but if you know how to handle it, your kill counts will be very high.
    Rely heavily on melee hits, but avoid any snares and roots (you do not have purge). When the flame stack is at 4 or higher, rush into a crowd, use transformation and inferno.
    Chase casters with Body and Spirit Wrack, charge, root, BtD, chains.
    Demonic Supplication is very situational (the cooldown is very high) and has to be used either at the end of the fight or when you carry a flag. Fury of Xotli may save you when someone drains your mana completely.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 2nd April 2013 at 05:16.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Well to be honest build is not really optimal. As I can see you would like to play possession build with fire lance combo. In my opinion fire lance is not needed, it can be nice combo but specially if it crits but as possession build you have enough options to deal dmg. I can see it being viable with avatar build where you more mele oriented, specially if you have inferno curse instant. Because when it crits its really awesome dmg (hell strikes with crit also deals huge dmg specially rank 6)
    On possession side, well if you want to play with inferno i guess you can try, with high stacks it can do some nice dmg, its not needed though, you can already do some dmg as hox.
    But for sure 3 points in burning words and 1 point in molten flesh are wasted there. Better use it in phoenix wings and demonic link.

Now about advice to chase casters with body and spirit wrack combo,why would you waste time doing that as mostly possession hox when you can go do some dmg an kill him. That way you will only let him run or kill you. Its slow combo that drain bit over 1k mana, in that time casters can do a lot.
    I urge you to decide if you want to play poss/general or avatar/possession, there are some nice builds already posted so you pick and see what you like more.

@Whalar, LunaticAsylumLA, elkornasso, Ruhenous

Thnx a lot for your tips. I am starting to understand why its better to go poss/gen and not poss/avatar since the 15 1st points in avatar dont give you that much.

So I will change a bit my built to http://goo.gl/xTgNH
    Last edited by jenyu; 2nd April 2013 at 09:36.
    Jenyu - Assassin
    Destiny

...And remember playing hox you are part of small band of masochist, and that by it self is rewarding
    Words spoken by a true HoX.

If you aren't willing to suffer .. do not roll a HoX, there are 11 other classes to chose.

@Whalar, LunaticAsylumLA, elkornasso, Ruhenous

Thnx a lot for your tips. I am starting to understand why its better to go poss/gen and not poss/avatar since the 15 1st points in avatar dont give you that much.

So I will change a bit my built to http://goo.gl/xTgNH
    Well i guess build like this can work, i see you are determined to have fire lance. In my opinion 21 points spend in avatar tree just for that is too much and can be better used.
    Its whole different story if you go for avatar/possession build, but this is just fire lance/possession one.
    Try it out for sure and see how do you like it, wish you lots of crits on firelance

Why don't take extra meters for root? It makes root non trash

Drop 4 points from flame lash and inferno, useless waste of points

I'd go full avatar/pos if you really want to use Avatar side, because you benefit nothing from spec above. All avatar side points are wasted imo.

ps. mixing pos/gen makes root really nice
    Last edited by darknessjw; 2nd April 2013 at 11:15.

Well i guess build like this can work, i see you are determined to have fire lance.
    Try it out for sure and see how do you like it, wish you lots of crits on firelance
    as you have said "...And remember playing hox you are part of small band of masochist, and that by it self is rewarding "

hahahaha thought I see your point about avatar. I spend 15 points to get lance seems worthless, though atm I have mana issues (that perhaps natural mana regen from gen will fix it).
    Jenyu - Assassin
    Destiny

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast